• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Love them all except Atlanta, somethings messed up with the bird head

Hi thanks for your feedback! Explain to me, you're talking about the whole shape or just an area? 

hNa1bgX.png

3 hours ago, Sidney said:

Hi thanks for your feedback! Explain to me, you're talking about the whole shape or just an area? 

The beak and eyes are fine but the neck part looks to wide and boxy for me

Excellent!

16 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

The beak and eyes are fine but the neck part looks to wide and boxy for me

OK thanks for your answer! I'll redraw it then. ;) 

hNa1bgX.png

I think the Wizards is one of the worst.  The Charles Manson-esque forehead tattoo is unneeded. The lines of the basketball on the forehead just don't make any sense and they don't add value. The red basketball is too far hidden behind the wordmark to really be considered good.   

My other least favorites are the Timberwolves and the Heat.  The awfully lame font used for the Timberwolves just ruins some of it, but the wolf on crack ruins the rest. The overly energetic wolf does not match with the mundane wordmark.  The overall shape of the Heat logo is awkward, and it needs a key line to connect it all together.  That logo would look pretty ugly on a shirt or a hat.

The Cavs' addition of the hat/cloud looks bad.  Not sure why Sacramento has the FDL on the crown...is Sacramento primarily French?  I think you're trying to do too much with the Blazers and the Spurs.  

I like the Lakers (but without the stars, because it's silly to have to update it with every championship), Bucks, 76ers, Nets, and Knicks.  The Suns would be up there too if you removed the desert scene...that's just too small of a detail for a logo like that.  Think about it in embroidery on a hat...it would look like an awkward square.  

My favorite is the Warriors.  You really improved that logo a lot.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Also I just noticed, is the white space underneath the Timberwolves head, an M, a continuation of the wolve's body, or just dead space? To me it looks like a subtle m wich makes the wolf look like a bobble head

Excellent!

There are some updates I've made : 

Atlanta hawks: 
Hawks_zpsr232lgwj.jpg
- size of the neck and the head shape. 

Phoenix Suns 
Suns_zpsmbbuopwm.jpg
-I've made the desert mountain bigger. 

New-York Knicks 
Knicks_zpsgo1tukde.jpg
- I've made some contrast on beige. 

Minnesota Timberwolves 
Timberwolves_zpssb7dpw8z.jpg
- The original font.
- cut the bobble head effect, to do a better neck.

Washington Wizards 
Wizards_zpsa1kiwxyz.jpg
- Took off the ball to put some "magic" effect and drawn hands, I think now that the ball sign on the forehead makes sense now. 

Portland Trail Blazers 
Trail%20blazers_zps6jildkp0.jpg
- I've erased a line to make the rose and basketball lines more noticeable. 

give your feeback! ;) 

hNa1bgX.png

The Wizard looks like he has tiny Donald Trump hands.  I'm not sure if the lighter part are his fingers or if the red parts are his fingers.  He appears to be casting some magic spell, but it's just a little jumbly in the middle for me.  

Also, the forehead thing makes me think of either Charles Manson or the Faith Militant from Game of Thrones.  Not sure if that's a design element I'd go with.

4468b938691405.57718c6de2286.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

28 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Will you be doing the other NBA teams?

Of course ! I'll work on the rest. 

6 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Thank you for actually listening to people and improving your work, great job

Well I think that the points that you and the others talked about wasn't useless, I mean I do think that now they're better thanks to you guys ;) sorry if I've done mistakes on my English I'm French.

hNa1bgX.png

5 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

The Wizard looks like he has tiny Donald Trump hands.  I'm not sure if the lighter part are his fingers or if the red parts are his fingers.  He appears to be casting some magic spell, but it's just a little jumbly in the middle for me.  

Also, the forehead thing makes me think of either Charles Manson or the Faith Militant from Game of Thrones.  Not sure if that's a design element I'd go with.

4468b938691405.57718c6de2286.jpg

So you think it' about the hands size ? and maybe redraw the lighs effects will be enough? Ok I'll take off the ball lines on forehead. 

hNa1bgX.png

This is probably going to be long so bear with me if you would:

Atlanta: Great idea to fix that head shape and size. It just didn't seem right the first time. But it still looks great!

Phoenix: Great fix, no complaints there.

New York: Contrasting it with the beige is a great idea.

Minnesota: I actually liked the first font that you used, I personally don't like their current font, but that's personal opinion. Make what you want of it.

Washington: Here is the one where I think it needs some work. The "fingers" look like lines that are just floating around the basketball, which is also really not noticeable. Maybe try and make those pop out a little more. Also, the line that is overlapping the N in Washington should be cut off. Most of the time, wordmarks don't have anything overlapping them from the actual logo.

And finally, Portland: Nice work, no complaints.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this!

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Archived