AHL's Springfield Thunderbirds unveil their unifroms.

Luke_Groundrunner

Meh, and why the heck wouldn't you hold off on the reveal until you have the final product and the names/numbers to show.

Unless the release is testing the reception before moving forward, but would they do that, with so little time?

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

This just feels like it was ideas that were thrown in a bag and picked out at random. There's yellow in the logo but nowhere on the jersey. There are light blue strips on one jersey but none on the other. Also, why is there an American Flag on it? I understand they are close to an air force base and want to associate with it, but there's no need for the flag.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

On 9/14/2016 at 7:06 PM, the admiral said:

Looks cheap and lazy.

As per tradition with a Springfield AHL franchise.

When you decide to make your big splash with a click-and-fill template the Otrawa Senators no longer have use for, you're really, really not trying. And if the shoulder flag is supposed to be some sort of half-assed nod to the Panthers' new design, well, they screwed that up, too. Good to know they're the American Hockey League team from America.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

14446144_2103300449894362_65802638285515

This is what they're giving to their season ticket holders. It looks a lot like a third jersey since the other two are red and white. What I want to know is that since the numbers are yellow on these, will they be yellow on the actual jerseys?

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

Archived