2016 MLB Playoffs

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/4/2016 at 0:50 PM, SFGiants58 said:

This is the only Cubs grey jersey that I felt the team "nailed," the 1958-68 version (thanks for the screengrab, @Bmac):

CMZUffgUkAAL_Po.jpg

Maybe it would be a good idea to adjust the piping/striping, but it still looks better than any road uniform they've had since.

Adjust the sleeve striping, and that would immediately be one of the best road uniforms in all of baseball. It's the perfect road uniform for the Cubs.  

If the Cubs were to ever replace their current road unis, I'd love to see the 1990-only set take it's place.

ryne-sandberg-1990-chicago-cubs-authenti

On the flip side, the VERY LAST ones I wanna see return are the 1994 "Cuba" jerseys. Never really fit the Cubs' motif.

15023882722_d4d2f6856d_o.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

On 11/3/2016 at 7:10 PM, Cujo said:

Ignored the fans. Wore the navy atls and racist hat all series long. Took the L.

The "racist hat" would have still been worn with the white jerseys though.

They should have worn the whites for all home games and even though I prefer the navy jerseys to the bland gray ones they probably shouldn't have worn alts for the entire playoffs.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Why, apparently the goat curse is over. Your so called wahoo curse will also end at some point.

Plant the idea that Wahoo is cursed, and maybe pitchers won't choose to wear it as much. Maybe fans won't dress up like him. It makes as much sense as any other baseball superstition.

28 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Plant the idea that Wahoo is cursed, and maybe pitchers won't choose to wear it as much. Maybe fans won't dress up like him. It makes as much sense as any other baseball superstition.

Why should fans not dress up as Indians? In Oakland they dress up as Pirates/robbers or whatever a Raider is. Other fans do the same.

If i was an Indian i think i would love to see someone dress up as my ancestors. I mean, it´s better then completely forgetting about them right? 

Wahoo is not cursed, only thing that is cursed is a team with a low payroll.

14 hours ago, Cujo said:

If the Cubs were to ever replace their current road unis, I'd love to see the 1990-only set take it's place.

On the flip side, the VERY LAST ones I wanna see return are the 1994 "Cuba" jerseys. Never really fit the Cubs' motif.

I've seen at least one concept here with the road wordmark taking cues from the Chicago Theater marquee. I can't find it now, but it looked really nice.1408132884-The-Chicago-Theatre-tickets.j

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

4 hours ago, Matito said:

I've seen at least one concept here with the road wordmark taking cues from the Chicago Theater marquee. I can't find it now, but it looked really nice.1408132884-The-Chicago-Theatre-tickets.j

The Cs are pretty much an exact match to what the Cubs use. Could work

6uXNWAo.png

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

Why should fans not dress up as Indians? In Oakland they dress up as Pirates/robbers or whatever a Raider is. Other fans do the same.

If i was an Indian i think i would love to see someone dress up as my ancestors. I mean, it´s better then completely forgetting about them right? 

Wahoo is not cursed, only thing that is cursed is a team with a low payroll.

That's a good idea!

IMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1508.JPG

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Hmm, these fans are not dressed as Indians, they are dressed/painted like the team Mascot. Real Indians had not that red skin and were probably not grinning that much too often. So again i would say it´s  not a mockery of real Indians, it's a caricature.

For instance here is Cubs super fan Bill Murray

article-2707624-200ABF7600000578-926_233

Here is a caricature of him

Bill_Murray5.jpg

All face features are exaggerated, and like Wahoo, it is not done in mean spirit. It´s to make it funny, and i am sure Bill think it´s funny as well. Notice how the eyes of the caricature Bill Murray has the shape of Wahoo´s eyes. Wahoo is just a old time caricature, a nice break from the "evil" and "fierce" logos other sport teams have, where it´s all about looking mean and showing teeth.

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Hmm, these fans are not dressed as Indians, they are dressed/painted like the team Mascot. Real Indians had not that red skin and were probably not grinning that much too often. So again i would say it´s  not a mockery of real Indians, it's a caricature.

For instance here is Cubs super fan Bill Murray

article-2707624-200ABF7600000578-926_233

Here is a caricature of him

Bill_Murray5.jpg

All face features are exaggerated, and like Wahoo, it is not done in mean spirit. It´s to make it funny, and i am sure Bill think it´s funny as well. Notice how the eyes of the caricature Bill Murray has the shape of Wahoo´s eyes. Wahoo is just a old time caricature, a nice break from the "evil" and "fierce" logos other sport teams have, where it´s all about looking mean and showing teeth.

Yeah, but there's a difference drawing Steve Buscemi to look like a rat, and drawing the Brooklyn Jews' mascot to look like a rat.

Archived