2016 MLB Playoffs

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/29/2016 at 9:25 PM, SCalderwood said:

I feel like by wearing different uniforms every game in the series, they are actually diluting their identity/look/consistency even more than if they just stuck with the navy jerseys every game.

The rest of your post made plenty of solid points but this one here stood out to me. If teams actually have a solid consistent identity throughout all their jerseys and their entire uniform set then what you said here wouldn't be a problem. Teams shouldn't have to wear the same jersey every game to maintain their identities.

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

2016 World series patch on the cap is not the same as on the jersey. I would think it is a mistake somehow, what you guys think? 

Has this ever happened before in the history of wearing WS patches on caps and jerseys. 

2006. The New Era reissue is incorrect. 

maxresdefault.jpg

stlouis_cardinals_ws_fitted.jpg

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The rest of your post made plenty of solid points but this one here stood out to me. If teams actually have a solid consistent identity throughout all their jerseys and their entire uniform set then what you said here wouldn't be a problem. Teams shouldn't have to wear the same jersey every game to maintain their identities.

This all makes perfect sense to me in the regular season, but there comes a point where primaries should be primaries. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

9 minutes ago, Thomas said:

2016 World series patch on the cap is not the same as on the jersey. I would think it is a mistake somehow, what you guys think? 

Has this ever happened before in the history of wearing WS patches on caps and jerseys. 

Same goes for 2004

2004 1.JPG

s-l300.jpg

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I see, thanks. Kinda weird that sometimes the cap/jersey logos are the same and sometimes they are not, wouldn't you agree? 

2006 is weird since the sleeve patch would have made a fine hat patch. I prefer the '04 hat patch to the sleeve patch. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKzqSKyGXmw

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/19224580/v1209291383/behind-the-scenes-at-the-majestic-factory/?query=majestic

Two videos that show the 2016 WS jerseys being made, look at all those grey and white Indians jerseys that will not be worn, LOL 

And what do you think, can Under Armour do as good a job as Majestic does?

I really, really dug 2011's:

IMG_5264.JPG

An absolutely heartbreaking, gut-punching series on the field (I was rooting for the Rangers), but still the one I think had the best executed imagery of the recent ones. Taking "Fall Classic" seriously in its branding was a perfect move, and something that should have been continued. I've been dissapointed to see every series since then not take advantage of that opportunity. 

Heck, I'd have been perfectly fine with that very logo becoming a templated system that ran on from there, I thought it was that brilliant. Maybe darken the green a little bit if you have to make a change, but other than that? Solid, in my opinion.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

13 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I really, really dug 2011's:

IMG_5264.JPG

An absolutely heartbreaking, gut-punching series on the field (I was rooting for the Rangers), but still the one I think had the best executed imagery of the recent ones. Taking "Fall Classic" seriously in its branding was a perfect move, and something that should have been continued. I've been dissapointed to see every series since then not take advantage of that opportunity. 

Heck, I'd have been perfectly fine with that very logo becoming a templated system that ran on from there, I thought it was that brilliant. Maybe darken the green a little bit if you have to make a change, but other than that? Solid, in my opinion.

I prefer the red/orange of the 2009 logo but that by far has the best word mark. I'd love to see a hybrid logo with the 2011 word mark and the 2009 colors...

(I'm just not a fan of the green/orange. It just seems to drab compared to the 2009 colors, to me at least)

Archived