2016 MLB Playoffs

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, insert name said:

Now I really want a Game 7. Can't have a World Series end with BOTH teams wearing solid colored alternatives. 

I'm pretty  sure if the cubs win tonight, they're going blue. 

And i don't see the Indians going away from navy. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

20 hours ago, Cujo said:

The Indians wearing their alts throughout the World Series is about as tacky as the Cavs' sleeved shirts in Finals Game 7.

Ugh, I hate to agree with you but....Yeah, It's gross.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

"Soon, their alternates will become the primaries! Other teams will follow suit, and EVERYONE will use alternates as the primaries!"

Joking of course, but with the excessive use of the alternates, you might as well call them the primaries.

So it's guaranteed now that what should have been a promising World Series aesthetically - and possibly one of the better recent ones - will go down as one of the worst. Blue vs. blue at this frequency in the World Series is inexcusable. 

And as if that wasn't bad enough: one of these teams are going to break a freakin' curse, make baseball history, and go down in team lore as legendary in an inferior alternate. Way to go, guys. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

32 minutes ago, insert name said:

World Series ruined.

IMG_5644.PNG

I'm okay with the Cubs wearing their shade of blue...I can put up with that if it means giving up the road unis. I'm a little shocked the Indians didn't change in response to the 2 losses. Superstition and karma might be working against them if we are here tomorrow morning talking about how Cleveland won and lost championships wearing alternates for an extended period and all in the same year 

Capture4.PNG

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

The Cubs and Indians played a World Series game 7 that will go down in history as one of the greatest series and greatest Game 7s of all time, and they treated it like a Spring Training game by wearing softball jerseys.  What a damned shame.  Oh, and I hope the Indians and their Twitter manager are happy with the "luck" the BP jerseys brought them in Games 5, 6, and 7.  Will you put the superstition to bed now?

As for colored pants, I'd much rather see those than the mismatched colored tops matched with white/gray pants, which look like &*!@$&#.

20 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

The Cubs and Indians played a World Series game 7 that will go down in history as one of the greatest series and greatest Game 7s of all time, and they treated it like a Spring Training game by wearing softball jerseys.  What a damned shame.  Oh, and I hope the Indians and their Twitter manager are happy with the "luck" the BP jerseys brought them in Games 5, 6, and 7.  Will you put the superstition to bed now?

As for colored pants, I'd much rather see those than the mismatched colored tops matched with white/gray pants, which look like &*!@$&#.

lol. Which one is it? "ST jerseys" or "softball jerseys"? 

How many decades has MLB teams use color jerseys now? They are just as traditional as any other uniform piece. You may prefer the white and gray tops, but what do you think you're accomplishing by continuing to refer to the color tops as "softball jerseys", "ST jerseys", etc? They aren't going anywhere regardless of what you call them.

This thread has more hate than the NCAAF one, jeez. If MLB ever adopts Chrome For Chrome's Sake, it's gonna be World War 3 in here.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The notion that these two teams cared less about this game (or series) because of their choice of jerseys is ridiculous. I absolutely agree that both should have worn their primaries more, especially Cleveland, but to imply that their choice of wardrobe is a reflection of their commitment to the game is insane. I love the debates about uniforms on these forums but too many of us forget that not everyone in the world lives and dies by these things that we care so much about.

Archived