Yuengling new packaging

Yippy

Wow, that will certainly take some getting used to. They look pretty good! The Light design has a Michelob Ultra vibe to me. 

Found an article with more information.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

It's definitely cleaner, and more subdued then the prior packaging design. The blue sky backdrop behind the eagle is much less pronounced; and I think that's a good thing.

(Comparing the new Black & Tan design to the old one and it's very apparent.)

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Yeah it's an upgrade.  They'll never see a penny of my money (not because of the beer), but this works from a branding perspective.

Do they still make Premium, Premium Light, and Lord Chesterfield?  Wonder if those have been updated as well.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah it's an upgrade.  They'll never see a penny of my money (not because of the beer), but this works from a branding perspective.

Do they still make Premium, Premium Light, and Lord Chesterfield?  Wonder if those have been updated as well.

They definitely still make them....I think my dad may be the only person on this planet who drinks Yuengling Premium, and I know I've seen Lord Chesterfield and Yuengling Porter (not sure about Premium Light) at Wegman's. I don't drink Yuengling very often at all, but I like that everything's uniform now.

9 minutes ago, Shumway said:

They definitely still make them....I think my dad may be the only person on this planet who drinks Yuengling Premium, and I know I've seen Lord Chesterfield and Yuengling Porter (not sure about Premium Light) at Wegman's. I don't drink Yuengling very often at all, but I like that everything's uniform now.

I used to drink Premium in college because it came in the big 16-oz returnable bottles which were kind of a novelty to me at the time.  Also, before there was a Lager Light, the only light they had was Premium.  I don't think many people realized that "Light" was a totally different beer than the Lager they were used to.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

They'll never see a penny of my money (not because of the beer)

Well, the beer's crap, too.  But I'm with you.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yuengling is okay.  For whatever reason it tasted better when I had it in Pittsburgh.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like Yuengling as an option when it's the same price as Bud/Coors/Miller Lite, which it certainly often is. I was a big fan when they first started selling it (10 years ago) in the Carolinas, but I've waned on it since then. It, however, remains the only beer I prefer out of a bottle instead of draft.

About the packaging - slight upgrade. They didn't fuss with it too much, and they didn't need to. I'll give it a solid A-.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I was in college when it made its way into Ohio for the first time ever. People went nuts because it was something other than Natty Light and you'd look every so slightly more refined if you had yuengling rather than another cheap beer. Now though every time I drink Yuengling I get grouchy and irritable and it's the only beer I've found that has that affect on me. Normally I 'm a sweet guy when drinking. So I haven't had Yuengling in a while. 

The new design is fine. The Light is definitely an upgrade. Ups the class a little bit. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived