A map that I made

HornetsFan1880

Umm... Hi? But other than this is my first post, I have something to show you! It's a map that took me two weeks to make. It is a map with every MiLB team on it except for a few exceptions. Those include:

• Only AAA, AA, A Advanced, A, Short A, short-season A and Rookie Advanced, so no rookie teams.
  • No Mexican teams.

So tell me what you think!

Map.png

2 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Very nice. 

One quibble - you've got Brooklyn and Staten Island reversed.  Brooklyn is the east, SI to the west, so flip those and you're good.

That's because I put the Brooklyn first, then Staten Island later. I'll fix it!

Great stuff here! 

I dont mean to be too nitpicky, but one small error I noticed: Ogden is north of Salt Lake, so the Raptors should be above the Bees. 

Other than that though, great job! I know stuff like this takes a lot of work, so I applaud you for your efforts!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Nice work.  I know it's mostly a product of population density, but I never realized how many more teams are east of the Mississippi River than west . . . and that there are no affiliated teams in North Dakota, South Dakota and Kansas.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

32 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Nice work.  I know it's mostly a product of population density, but I never realized how many more teams are east of the Mississippi River than west . . . and that there are no affiliated teams in North Dakota, South Dakota and Kansas.

Or Minnesota. And all of Canada only has one. It's crazy to me that when Montreal lost the Expos they didn't at least try to get a minor league team. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Very well done. That massive slice down the middle of our country with no teams is kind of disappointing, but that is, of course, no fault of your own. Everything's surprisingly clear for the size.

Just spitballing, what would happen if you were to scale the logo sizes relative to level? If AAA logos were bigger than AA which were bigger than A, etc.?

Good job.

I suppose it's in part because of the presence of the Arizona Fall League, but I'm a bit surprised there's not a single affiliated team in all of Arizona. I know the Tucson Padres moved to El Paso a few years ago, but that seems like a market that's truly ripe for a minor league team.

Also, the fact that there's only one affiliated team in all of Canada is still mindblowing to me. Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Calgary would all be viable minor league markets (I think the climate of Edmonton would probably be okay, though they'd need to backload home games to the later portion of the season. Same probably would go for Ottawa and Montreal). Hamilton may be able to host a A or AA Jays affiliate.

Granted, I'd bet part of the reason Montreal hasn't pursued a AAA team is because they wouldn't want to invest in constructing an MiL stadium, when their end goal is to regain an ML team (and the Buffalo-esque expandable MiL ballpark model hasn't successfully garnered an ML team since the 60's).

Also surprising? Utah has two teams (especially given that it's a western state, where fewer MiL leagues are located) and Vermont has one. Totally forgot Vermont has an MiL team.

I'd be interested in seeing a map of independent leagues as well. There's a slew here in the Northeast, where independent leagues can serve suburban markets that fall within a major league team's territory, without being subject to MiLB's territorial restrictions.

You have Clearwater above Dunedin when in real life it's the opposite, can't really see any other mistakes. Great work 

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

On 5/20/2017 at 10:04 AM, McCarthy said:

Or Minnesota. And all of Canada only has one. It's crazy to me that when Montreal lost the Expos they didn't at least try to get a minor league team. 

I didn't mention Minnesota because they have the Twins . . . or Arizona because they have the Diamondbacks.

I didn't even notice/pay attention to Canada.  There were a lot of affiliated teams in Canada not that long ago (Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived