College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Georgia Tech and Adidas will release a standardized color scheme (mainly settling on one shade of gold) sometime this spring

http://www.myajc.com/sports/college/georgia-tech-selects-its-new-gold/gUJWaMBrGVW8j9zI15vz8I/

Have a feeling it will be a lighter gold (which is a shame), as we usually see difficulties in matching textiles when it comes to darker golds, especially under different lighting.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

24 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

I know this article is several months old, but Iowa State is getting new football unis next season.

https://247sports.com/college/iowa-state/Bolt/Iowa-State-finalizing-Nike-uniform-redesign-for-2018-101613120

this is actually refreshing. hopefully Matt Campbell and his consultants opted for more of a throwback look a la the early 90s (see below), but i expect them to go for more of an "2013 Oregon/2015 Western Michigan Swag" vibe, as most of the young coaches do.

1992-game-9-photo.jpg

13 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

this is actually refreshing. hopefully Matt Campbell and his consultants opted for more of a throwback look a la the early 90s (see below), but i expect them to go for more of an "2013 Oregon/2015 Western Michigan Swag" vibe, as most of the young coaches do.

1992-game-9-photo.jpg

I really liked those unis (nostalgia bias)...but I, too, have strong doubts the new unis will look like that. A new yellow helmet with the current I-State logo would be okay with me. Probably won't see the Bugles helmet again.

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Have a feeling it will be a lighter gold (which is a shame), as we usually see difficulties in matching textiles when it comes to darker golds, especially under different lighting.

In other words...khaki.

7 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

1992-game-9-photo.jpg

I fear that this is what Chad Morris is going to do to Arkansas. He had his big officia visit this weekend and almost all the recruits photos taken were alternate uniforms. Red pants, chrome helmet and anthracite uniforms.

13 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I really liked those unis (nostalgia bias)...but I, too, have strong doubts the new unis will look like that. A new yellow helmet with the current I-State logo would be okay with me. Probably won't see the Bugles helmet again.

I'd really like to see the old twister helmet logo come back in some capacity at least.

s-l300.jpg

(Sorry for potato quality)

I'll have more details regarding Arizona later today. It sounds like they won't be as minor as I was previously told. I could have a lot of details, I could have a little. Depends on what my guy can say, but I talked to him last night & he said he'd let me know more today. So stay tuned. Or don't. Doesn't matter :)

19 hours ago, WSU151 said:

See: Notre Dame. If the lighting isn't perfect, it looks like they're wearing mustard pants with a chrome-gold helmet.

12820799.jpg?itok=N9Ex2ld5

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

1 hour ago, whitedawg22 said:

See: Notre Dame. If the lighting isn't perfect, it looks like they're wearing mustard pants with a chrome-gold helmet.

12820799.jpg?itok=N9Ex2ld5

Yeah I think that's the most glaring example, though I'm pretty sure that's by design (as UA and ND wanted a more throwback feel but with the modern gold helmets). 

UA did a great job this year with UCLA's gold helmets and pants, but I doubt adidas will take that route.

1 hour ago, kabbey520 said:

I'll have more details regarding Arizona later today. It sounds like they won't be as minor as I was previously told. I could have a lot of details, I could have a little. Depends on what my guy can say, but I talked to him last night & he said he'd let me know more today. So stay tuned. Or don't. Doesn't matter :)

Let me guess you are the Pac 12 team getting the Jordan Brand? Saw Sumlin's tweet of his Jordans so just putting two and two together. 

3 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

Since A&M's current unis are based on a throwback look I hope Arizona's is along the same lines, not 1970's, just a good solid look from the past that can last for a while. Surprisingly I think Texas A&M is the only adidas school that hasn't had at least one major primary uniform change since joining them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, chicagolonghorn said:

Let me guess you are the Pac 12 team getting the Jordan Brand? Saw Sumlin's tweet of his Jordans so just putting two and two together. 

That actually seems plausible. Arizona is one of Nike's top performing basketball programs in the Pac 12 so its not much of a stretch to see Nike switching them over to Jordan Brand. They sure wont be switching Oregon over as that is Nike's flagship program.

6 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since A&M's current unis are based on a throwback look I hope Arizona's is along the same lines, not 1970's, just a good solid look from the past that can last for a while. Surprisingly I think Texas A&M is the only adidas school that hasn't had at least one major primary uniform change since joining them

Nebraska?

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

Since A&M's current unis are based on a throwback look I hope Arizona's is along the same lines, not 1970's, just a good solid look from the past that can last for a while. Surprisingly I think Texas A&M is the only adidas school that hasn't had at least one major primary uniform change since joining them. 

We had a plain, traditional uniform for our first 5 years with Adidas when we were in the Big 12. They would change up the pants stripe from the triple stripe to a random zig pattern in 2010

ut-0002.jpg

tam-11-allmaroon-thomascampbell-620x440.

I dont think Nebraska has changed their primary look. Granted just moving a single white sleeve is considered major with how traditional Nebraska's uniform is.

Archived