College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

So my guy was to have a meeting yesterday to find out more about Arizona's uniforms, but it got cancelled & moved to Friday. But I do know we're getting some changes for this upcoming season. A lot of people complained to the new AD about the gradient, and the AD feels the same way about it, and it'll be gone. Idk 100% if it'll be this year, but it's likely. I wish I could tell you more. As soon as I know, hopefully Friday afternoon or evening, I'll let you guys know.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, kabbey520 said:

So my guy was to have a meeting yesterday to find out more about Arizona's uniforms, but it got cancelled & moved to Friday. But I do know we're getting some changes for this upcoming season. A lot of people complained to the new AD about the gradient, and the AD feels the same way about it, and it'll be gone. Idk 100% if it'll be this year, but it's likely. I wish I could tell you more. As soon as I know, hopefully Friday afternoon or evening, I'll let you guys know.

Anxiously waiting to hear what the changes are going to be... :blink:

a2BRS8U.png

3 hours ago, crosfam said:

I would love to see a return of the optional copper helmet.  Hopefully retirement of the red one.  White numbers on homes would be nice. 

Pretty sure the copper was retired after ASU drubbed us 58-21 in '13, and rightfully so.

a2BRS8U.png

On 1/22/2018 at 12:40 PM, cajunaggie08 said:

Georgia Tech and Adidas will release a standardized color scheme (mainly settling on one shade of gold) sometime this spring

http://www.myajc.com/sports/college/georgia-tech-selects-its-new-gold/gUJWaMBrGVW8j9zI15vz8I/

They said they'd be releasing it in spring, but i think their hockey team just messed up by posting pics of their new uniforms. Looks like both a lighter gold and a less saturated navy.  Not sure how i feel about the number font either.

DUgViUYXcAAW6iK.png

DUgViUWW0AIe_0v.png

16 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

They said they'd be releasing it in spring, but i think their hockey team just messed up by posting pics of their new uniforms. Looks like both a lighter gold and a less saturated navy.  Not sure how i feel about the number font either.

DUgViUYXcAAW6iK.png

DUgViUWW0AIe_0v.png

Club sports don't necessarily use the same exact colors that the other varsity teams use. That style of gold looks good though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Hi y'all, first post.  I've been visiting this forum every so often for years.  I was looking to see if I could find tickets to next year's CFP Final when I came across what appears to be a completely new Sugar Bowl logo.  All the other NY6 logos are the same.  I can't find the image on their official site, this site, or anywhere else besides the ticket vendor's website.  So I don't know if this has already been discussed or if this is even the right place to post it, but here it is:

BOWL-logo-SUGAR-220x220.png

https://www.primesport.com/d/sugarbowl  

Hell, it looks like there's a bunch of new bowl logos including Cotton Bowl.  Sorry if this has already been posted, but if it is, I can't find it.

COTTON%20BOWL%20LOGO.png

https://www.primesport.com/s/college-bowl-tickets

Those are fake logos and/or concepts.  The crossed spoons for the Sugar Bowl is a classic fake.  Not sure why they only have those two...but I can guarantee you AllState and Goodyear are paying a lot of money to have their name on the logos. The official Sugar Bowl and Cotton bowl sites still have the normal logos.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Y'all would be out of uniforms if you retired everything you got drubbed in.. 

Well I guess you could say that about a lot of teams. But no one wants to wear alternates when you don't have luck in them, which is why we stopped wearing the Red Chromes as well.

a2BRS8U.png

I didn’t get any info again. I was told wait until Tuesday. But since I said I’m supposed to get info & not coming up with it, I’ll say what I know so far... I was told we’re getting new uniforms, and there  will be some dark gray/anthracite added. Idk if that means accents or a whole uniform. I was told Jordan Brand won’t be happening. The AD hates the current uniforms, which were made before he got hired. He didn’t have a good relationship with Rich Rod & he wants to get rid of everything associated with him. Idk how accurate this is, but I trust my source. I guess it’ll remain to be seen or once I know more.

56 minutes ago, kabbey520 said:

I didn’t get any info again. I was told wait until Tuesday. But since I said I’m supposed to get info & not coming up with it, I’ll say what I know so far... I was told we’re getting new uniforms, and there  will be some dark gray/anthracite added. Idk if that means accents or a whole uniform. I was told Jordan Brand won’t be happening. The AD hates the current uniforms, which were made before he got hired. He didn’t have a good relationship with Rich Rod & he wants to get rid of everything associated with him. Idk how accurate this is, but I trust my source. I guess it’ll remain to be seen or once I know more.

Oh boy.... And The AD wanting to get rid of everything Rich Rod related is believable. Never seemed like there was a good relationship between the two as Rodriguez was hired by someone else.

a2BRS8U.png

10 hours ago, H11K said:

Well I guess you could say that about a lot of teams. But no one wants to wear alternates when you don't have luck in them, which is why we stopped wearing the Red Chromes as well.

But when it's a great alt that has meaningful ties to the state, it's worth keeping around.. Just wear them against some crappy team, then  they'll be considered good luck

Rumors on the Pitt boards is retro colors will become full time in spring but the yellow they been wearing may become darker like the mustard color and a tad darker shade of blue, but as of now this is talk, find out in a few months I suppose. I expected the change at some point. 

Archived