College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

I don't know if it's too early to start this thread but I'm going to kick it off anyways.

There are rumors that PJ Fleck is going to completely overhaul Minnesota's uniforms next year.

Georgia Tech will be with adidas next year.

Ok we can fire Fleck now. Gophers have a classic look that doesn't need to be messed with

They have had that shade of gold for ages, other than when Glen Mason changed to old gold in the 90's. I don't see them moving away from that. Hopefully Minnesota limits his RTB mantra to wordmarks instead allowing paddles all over the uniforms. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, FSUViking said:

I would like the GOLDEN Gophers to have some gold in their scheme and not yellow.

In their modern history they have always used golden yellow outside of a few very small windows.  The first being 1972-1976

5406976_orig.0.jpg

And again from 1992-1995 

1647502.0.jpg

Dates and images taken from https://www.thedailygopher.com/2017/2/16/14623320/minnesota-football-uniforms-history-tbt if you want to see their full history.

This Row The Boat stuff is ridiculous. 

I get that it's Flecks motivational phrase, but it feels about as corny as what your high school guidance counselor had hanging in the office. They might as well slap one of these bad boys on a uniform instead:

25905a94c1592d0105564793b255959a--school

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

4 hours ago, lbj273 said:

In their modern history they have always used golden yellow outside of a few very small windows.  The first being 1972-1976

5406976_orig.0.jpg

And again from 1992-1995 

1647502.0.jpg

Dates and images taken from https://www.thedailygopher.com/2017/2/16/14623320/minnesota-football-uniforms-history-tbt if you want to see their full history.

I always thought the Vegas gold helmet with the maroon M was cool. But the fans like the maroon helmets.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived