Jump to content

2018 NBA "Off"Season-Because It's Always On


buzzcut
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Also Gelo sucks.

Meanwhile in Big Baller business...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2018/06/22/lavar-balls-junior-basketball-association-debuts-small-crowd/725086002/

 

gozMioM.jpg

 

Quote

At the debut of LaVar Ball’s new professional basketball league Thursday night, he gave trophies and high fives to the special needs children who competed at halftime of the league’s two featured games.

 

On Thursday night they darkened the upper half of the 11,089-seat Citizens Business Bank Arena and the place still looked less than a quarter full. (Mind you, the arena is located less than a 20-minute drive from Chino Hills, where the Ball family enjoys its most ardent fan base.)

 

The small crowd on opening night suggested something else: The quality of play will not justify the ticket prices or support the apparent business model — 64 players getting $3,000 a month — even with LaVar’s larger-than-life personality.

DG, they'll be at the ShoWare Center on Sunday. $40.

Edited by dfwabel
Pic added
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Hey, trading Gasol got Shareef Abdur-Rahim in his prime!  y'all just did nothing with him, as you would've with Gasol as their numbers are damn near equal.

 

He was never any good. It's not a coincidence that every team Abdur-Rahim played major minutes for was terrible. Just another generic forward putting up numbers because someone had to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

T Young absolutely sucks. Not athletic enough for the game. You hear the comparisons to Curry. Young is immature and isn’t even close to what Curry was when he came out of college. Young is overhyped as hell, thanks to ESPN. He’ll be a bust. Bad pick Atlanta.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

T Young absolutely sucks. Not athletic enough for the game. You hear the comparisons to Curry. Young is immature and isn’t even close to what Curry was when he came out of college. Young is overhyped as hell, thanks to ESPN. He’ll be a bust. Bad pick Atlanta.

 

Travis Schlenk was a talent evaluation guy with the Warriors, so he's betting on his ability to create Warriors East.  Young isn't overhyped, he far exceeded his Freshman expectations and Lon Kruger opens practice during the season to ANYBODY, thus everyone can see a player's game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Travis Schlenk was a talent evaluation guy with the Warriors, so he's betting on his ability to create Warriors East.  Young isn't overhyped, he far exceeded his Freshman expectations and Lon Kruger opens practice during the season to ANYBODY, thus everyone can see a player's game.

Where was Trae after December? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

T Young absolutely sucks. Not athletic enough for the game. You hear the comparisons to Curry. Young is immature and isn’t even close to what Curry was when he came out of college. Young is overhyped as hell, thanks to ESPN. He’ll be a bust. Bad pick Atlanta.

 

I'm not buying the Trae hype either, but FWIW he is also much younger than Curry was when he was drafted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where was Trae after December? 

 

Trae averaged 26 points, and 7.5 points per game after December. Yes, his turnovers jumped by two per game. Then again, he was playing against tougher competition in the second half. He was also 19 years old.

 

Unless you're talking about Oklahoma's W/L record. In that case, as a reminder, basketball is a team game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, fnz said:

 

Trae averaged 26 points, and 7.5 points per game after December. Yes, his turnovers jumped by two per game. Then again, he was playing against tougher competition in the second half. He was also 19 years old.

 

Unless you're talking about Oklahoma's W/L record. In that case, as a reminder, basketball is a team game.

Well then he’ll have to do the same thing, minus the turnovers. Atlanta is no good...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m really impressed by the mavs, thought Bamba was definetly going to go to them, but instead they got the best one! Hopefully Doncic makes the relatively good so the hawks don’t get too many benifets next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wings said:

Magic says he'll resign if the Lakers miss out on top free agents. 

Key note that you might have missed is he'll use the next two seasons to try and lure in free agents and if he doesn't THEN he'll leave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Key note that you might have missed is he'll use the next two seasons to try and lure in free agents and if he doesn't THEN he'll leave.

No. I read the story. It was just a general post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dfwabel said:

 

Gross. Did you ever watch the NBA Fan-only broadcasts? They're brutal and I can't expect this to be better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.