Canadian Premier League

steve61

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, nas1787 said:

Yeah there's potential for every club to own a colour (as above in that graphic), but there's also a chance we see Edmonton in navy, Valour in black, York in grey, Halifax in navy... which would be a very dark league overall.

York in grey would be a huge mistake in my opinion......not that they asked for mine, lol. 

The first game in Hamilton (side note: I'm going!) would look great with orange v green. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

21 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Any news on a broadcasting partner?

Nope. 

TSN has been rumored since day 1 but that was also when the rumors were that each CFL owner would basically own a team. Mediapro has since come in and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a "game of the week" kind of deal on TSN and the rest of the games are streamed. 

Hopefully we find out more soon, we're just over 3 weeks out from the start of the league. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Sorry for spamming the thread....but it just seems like a CPL day.

https://canpl.ca/article/introducing-centre-circle-live-the-official-canpl-podcast

Anyone following this thread may find this podcast interesting.

At the 26 min mark they talk a little about the uniforms but don't really give us much other than "they look better than MLS"....sadly.

Came to post that picture too :)

I'm most excited for Pacific's look. If I'm seeing this correctly it looks like they have a purple shirt and a teal shirt....both unique looks. 

2 minutes ago, nas1787 said:

Check #CanPL on twitter for some excellent speculation on these teasers

My personal fave:

So....quick thoughts while the stream is going. 

I think I like the white York 9 shirt the most. But overall complete look is a tie between Hamilton and Pacific. I don’t think there’s a bad look in the bunch. 

2 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

So....quick thoughts while the stream is going. 

I think I like the white York 9 shirt the most. But overall complete look is a tie between Hamilton and Pacific. I don’t think there’s a bad look in the bunch. 

My only real criticism would be a few of the collars but overall really pleased with the variety and look.  I was bracing myself for first generation MLS.  

zzPEfBm.png

9 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Kitrevealmoneyshot-1.jpg

Back row (L-R): Cavalry FC; Valour FC; FC Edmonton

Front row (L-R): Pacific FC; York9 FC; HFX Wanderers FC; Forge FC

So few notes:

- CPL has only two teams with white kits, in contrast to nearly half of MLS teams. So the CPL is following the "traditional" model of both kits being different colors.

- Same advertisers on 2 teams, which was expected with anew league. England's Championship has teams that have 32Red as an advertiser, so that isn't a huge issue.

- Macron being York9's shirt ad is rough

- Pacific FC & HFX Wanderers have the best looks in my book. Definitely going to buy one of those jerseys. 

Overall it's a pretty good looking league. Some classic style looks (Cavalry FC, Pacific & HFX) and some non-traditional looks (York9 white, Valour, Forge) will make for nice looking games.

6 minutes ago, steve61 said:

My only real criticism would be a few of the collars but overall really pleased with the variety and look.  I was bracing myself for first generation MLS.  

I don’t mind them, but I can see why you’d say that. I guess I like the “different-ness” (if that’s a word)

Archived