Canadian Premier League

steve61

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/28/2020 at 12:43 PM, WBeltz said:

I remember in the early 2000s and maybe farther than that, but most clubs usually kept one kit from the year before and it was then held over as a third kit. That would be most ideal I think. If not the CPL should adopt the MLS model and cycle kits every other year.

This is the plan. CPL will adopt MLS' one new kit per year model starting in 2021.

I heard this signing was done just for @GDAWG :) 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Explaining The Canadian Premier League Teams, Logos and Uniforms

March 5, 2020 - 18:27 PM

The Canadian Premier League, heading into its second season, is Canada’s top professional soccer league. With eight teams stretched out across the entirety of the country with clubs both on the shores of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Running each […]

Read More...

Great that the mothership is finally adding the CPL. I was confused why a new sports league launching coast to coast in Canada wasn't covered by the site last year when the league kicked off. 

1 hour ago, Flames1fan said:

Do  guys know moncton getting a team?

I haven't seen anything suggesting another maritime team yet. I think Quebec and Saskatchewan are next on their radar. 

21 hours ago, Corvus said:

I haven't seen anything suggesting another maritime team yet. I think Quebec and Saskatchewan are next on their radar. 

"CPL commissioner David Clanachan has, on numerous occasions, confirmed the league's plans to expand gradually up to 16 clubs in 2026. Clanachan has also stated that the biggest issue for potential expansion teams is a lack of facilities.[56] Clanachan mentioned that the league is looking at regions and owners in St. John's, Moncton, Laval, Quebec City, Kitchener-Waterloo, the Niagara Region, the Durham Region, Mississauga, Regina, Saskatoon, and Kelowna."

hvmY186.png

Yup. Have also heard they want to get to 20 teams and have a promotion/relegation set up. 

That said; it means nothing if you can’t find enough owners. 

I suspect Quebec will be next. Seems like the Riders are also willing to jump in but that’s been a rumour out there for some time (going back to the original plan of the CFL just launching a soccer league essentially....of course TSN got MLS rights so that fell off.) and I don’t know why it’s taking so long. 
Mississauga has a very loud group of supporters but there’s no stadium or owner (as far as I’ve heard anyways). 
At one time Montreal seemed moments away but it’s gone quiet. 
I’m ok with the league taking its time to make sure the fit is right. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 2/28/2020 at 1:08 AM, steve61 said:

ER0iBj1VAAAfIeW.jpg:large

Generally the Vancouver Whitecaps have decent to great uni's and a decent looking sponsor. Now imagine them having this uni with VW as sponsor. 😉.

CPL a rather nice looking league, albeit with some weird team names. Wish them lots of success and a stable future.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Corvus said:

Forgot there was a separate CPL thread. Here are the 2020 away kits:

https://canpl.ca/article/macron-away-kits-for-2020-cpl-season-unveiled-for-all-8-clubs

So did I...whoops.

Here's the "Nike speak" from Forge.

I don't really get the choice of the fountain.

ForgeFC-Away_Infographic-2.jpg

Here's an image of all of them. I'll stop spamming this thread now. 🙂 Image

Just now, Jer15 said:

Here's an image of all of them. I'll stop spamming this thread now. 🙂 Image

Each kit has the city name at the lower back where the alternate logos were placed last year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived