Canadian Premier League

steve61

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Scratcher said:

I really like Pacific and Halifax identities, but I'm really not convinced their matchup will look good.

Monchrome purple vs sky blue with white shorts in Victoria and monochrome deep blue vs teal with white shorts in Halifax. The clash is a bit awkward since they have similar colour schemes but I think there will be enough contrast. 

So, when I heard the uniforms were coming out on Friday, the first place I went to look for pics was this site. I was surprised to see if looks like Chris hasn't covered the CPL at all on the main page, there's no section for CPL under soccer, and there was nothing on the main page or twitter on the kit launches. 

29 minutes ago, Corvus said:

So, when I heard the uniforms were coming out on Friday, the first place I went to look for pics was this site. I was surprised to see if looks like Chris hasn't covered the CPL at all on the main page, there's no section for CPL under soccer, and there was nothing on the main page or twitter on the kit launches. 

I have noticed in the past that this page does not acknowledge new startup leagues, their logos or their team logos until they actually start playing games.  With all the fly by night leagues that never get to the point of actually playing a match, I can see why they might do that.  So, once the CPL season actually kicks off, I  expect at that point you will see logos start to appear in the soccer section. 

On 4/8/2019 at 2:03 PM, Corvus said:

CPL discussion will be in the North American Soccer forum. We've actually talked about them some right after the uniform release. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I had a twitter exchange with Chris and sent a follow-up email offering to cover the league for the mothership, but never got any response. 

On 4/8/2019 at 12:34 PM, WideRight said:

I have noticed in the past that this page does not acknowledge new startup leagues, their logos or their team logos until they actually start playing games.  With all the fly by night leagues that never get to the point of actually playing a match, I can see why they might do that.  So, once the CPL season actually kicks off, I  expect at that point you will see logos start to appear in the soccer section. 

AAF was covered a fair bit prior to kickoff. 

Chris isn't a soccer guy, so it's just not a priority for the site, unfortunately. But if you want live updates on MLB uniform colours, you've come to the right place!

8 minutes ago, nas1787 said:

I had a twitter exchange with Chris and sent a follow-up email offering to cover the league for the mothership, but never got any response. 

AAF was covered a fair bit prior to kickoff. 

Chris isn't a soccer guy, so it's just not a priority for the site, unfortunately. But if you want live updates on MLB uniform colours, you've come to the right place!

That's not fair at all! If people want to discuss it they will discuss it! Don't wait on Chris for that! We have three separate threads for talking about soccer uniforms and two sports in general pages as well. Some folks also have a dim view of the CPL due to how Ottawa Fury was dealt with by Concacaf this year, basically threatening to keep them from playing at all if they weren't in the CPL.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

That's not fair at all! If people wantbto discuss it they will discuss it! Don't wait on Chris for that! We have three separate threads for talking about soccer uniforms and two sports in general pages as well. Soke folks also have a dim view of the CPL due to how Ottawa Fury was dealt with by Concacaf this year, basically threatening to keep them from playing at all if they weren't in the CPL.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you can see, just in your sentence, how that would be a misguided opinion. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

That's not fair at all! If people want to discuss it they will discuss it! Don't wait on Chris for that! We have three separate threads for talking about soccer uniforms and two sports in general pages as well. Some folks also have a dim view of the CPL due to how Ottawa Fury was dealt with by Concacaf this year, basically threatening to keep them from playing at all if they weren't in the CPL.

Discussion forums aside, there's no reason the logos shouldn't be included in the database.  I tweeted him as well several months ago and got no response.  As Mr. Negative pointed out, the AAF has a full spread in the logos section while Canada's Tier 1 domestic soccer league gets nothing.  Just a bit surprising but whatever, it's his site and he makes the call.  

zzPEfBm.png

So any day now we should have the announcement that CBC will be broadcasting a "game of the week". 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 4/9/2019 at 9:01 PM, MJWalker45 said:

CPL discussion will be in the North American Soccer forum. We've actually talked about them some right after the uniform release. 

Well sure, there's been lots of talk on the forums, my point was that there is no coverage of CPL on the main site, or the Sportslogos.net social media. 

It just seems odd, regardless of whatever sports we're personally fans of, for the site not to cover a new league, when there's coverage of every minor league baseball novelty jersey night. 

I find it odd that if people are offering to cover the league he wouldn't respond. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Very happy that Forge won it but, yeah, that trophy is incredibly underwhelming. 

On 11/1/2019 at 11:33 PM, anythinglogos said:

The CPL is doing some pretty cool individual trophies. In contrast, the league championship trophy, dubbed the North Star Shield, looks like a fancy plate that an old fashioned aunt would exhibit in a glass cupboard

spacer.png

Reminds me of those generic glass trophies that you get for being the best in marketing for the year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 months later...

An eighth franchise has officially been announced. A group led by Athletico Madrid is running the new team in Ottawa, taking the place of the Fury who recently shut down operations. The team is going to be called Athletico Ottawa, and based on the other teams that fall under the Athletico umbrella it's safe to assume they'll be using a red & white vertically striped jersey with blue shorts.

https://canpl.ca/article/canadian-premier-league-awards-1st-expansion-team-to-ottawa

Archived