AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

9 hours ago, monkeypower said:

The Charlotte Checkers did a Florida Panthers night, because that's the current affiliation, on Saturday and instead of having a themed Checkers jersey, they just dressed up as the Panthers.

springfield_panthers_night_021724.jpg

This feels weird and almost patronizing to me.

Yeah, this is somewhat unusual. A Checkers jersey in Panthers colors would have been a better alternative.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 11:09 PM, monkeypower said:

The Charlotte Checkers did a Florida Panthers night, because that's the current affiliation, on Saturday and instead of having a themed Checkers jersey, they just dressed up as the Panthers.

This feels weird and almost patronizing to me.

Not to mention dishonest. I agree, what an odd move.

I wonder if Billings will ever get another whack at the WHL.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, The_Admiral said:

I wonder if Billings will ever get another whack at the WHL.

I don't know if  there would be desire to deal with the travel and add a border crossing to the league for one team. The closest WHL team to Billings would be 6.5 hours away.

IbjBaeE.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw this a while back but forgot about posting it.

In a reply, he says the jerseys were intended to look like the updated version from the beginning but doesn't state a reason why they didn't look like that last season. The mascot version and the replica jerseys used the now-current NOB and numbers which I thought was a mistake (due the thirds not being unveiled until late in the season and CSEC burning off old stock as the Hitmen have used this NOB and number style for one-offs in recent years) but it turns out the on-ice version was apparently in the wrong.

I do think they missed the opportunity to use the classic Hitmen font though.

cgh-20th-back.jpg

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

On 5/15/2024 at 7:20 PM, Dilbert said:

The new FPHL team in Athens, Georgia will be the Athens Rock Lobsters, honoring the B-52s

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlwlFxMMXppwF5l7Mz3T0

It's just as well that Michael Stipe didn't return the team's calls. After all, Athens Rock Lobsters is a much better identity than either Athens Orange Crush or Athens Shiny Happy People.  

• Like 1

Design-wise, that looks pretty solid, but it really needs some color. I hope this isn't implying that they're scrapping the dark red, though it could just simply be uncolored for the purpose of trademarking the designs (if that's a thing).

EDIT: I guess it is a thing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, illini1 said:

New ECHL team in Bloomington, IL for the 2024-2025 season. The Bloomington Bison will be affiliated with the New York Rangers. I can’t figure out how to post pictures of the logo. I don’t believe sweaters have been unveiled. 

spacer.png

Should have just revived the old Prairie Thunder identity wholesale, if this is the route they wanted to take. Though there is a nod to it with the little thunderbolt on the bison's cheek.

It's Abe Lincoln's hat, which is for Springfield, over an hour away. It's done in Chicago colors, over two hours away. The US Highway shield is presumably for Route 66, which congratulations, does actually go through BloNo. Shove the whole state in the periphery just in case. That's a whole lot of mess with very little payoff. They could have just done the cartoon bison sans hat in the shield and be far better off.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Should have just revived the old Prairie Thunder identity wholesale, if this is the route they wanted to take. Though there is a nod to it with the little thunderbolt on the bison's cheek.

It's Abe Lincoln's hat, which is for Springfield, over an hour away. It's done in Chicago colors, over two hours away. The US Highway shield is presumably for Route 66, which congratulations, does actually go through BloNo. Shove the whole state in the periphery just in case. That's a whole lot of mess with very little payoff. They could have just done the cartoon bison sans hat in the shield and be far better off.

Well just be glad they didn't mash the I-55/I-74 concurrency in there also!* 😄 

*Which is the only reason I know about or care that Bloomington/Normal exists...that used to be my planned fuel/layover stop traveling between points northwest and back to/through Indianapolis...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Of the downstate Illinois towns, BloNo is probably the least woebegone. There are signs of life present that aren't there in Peoria or Springfield, and certainly aren't there in Rockford or the Quad Cities. At its best, it feels like Cornfield Madison, right down to the big-box stores and Good Place To Raise A Family neighborhoods on the periphery. I used to drive three hours to go to drum corps shows there and didn't entirely mind.

The hockey logo is a complete mess. The star on Illinois tucked into some empty space on a shield with a bison on it, awful. Missed opportunity not being the Bloomington Normies with a pumpkin spice latte wearing a weathered baseball cap as a logo. It would suck, but less than this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫