New Deer Park Water Logo

kmccarthy27

For being used as a small label on a water bottle, the old one did have too much going on, but I was a fan of the naturist/outdoor design.

New one is fine for its simplicity, but isn't as attractive.

8 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

For being used as a small label on a water bottle, the old one did have too much going on, but I was a fan of the naturist/outdoor design.

New one is fine for its simplicity, but isn't as attractive.

The probably changed it to same money on ink for printing the labels. 

I read the title as "Deer Water Park" and thought this was about log flumes and water slides.

Now I'm sad. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

20 hours ago, pianoknight said:

I read the title as "Deer Water Park" and thought this was about log flumes and water slides.

Now I'm sad. 

Glad to see I wasn’t the only one who misread that.

The new label is fine, certainly cleaner. But there’s just something about slapping an entire Bob Ross painting onto a tiny label that I enjoy in water bottle design.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

3 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

what am i buying here, deer urine? show me the park, not the deer

lol also, I find it funny they have "Est. 1873". It's not like the natural spring just appeared in 1873. Your company that creates plastic casing for it did. That's a little less interesting...

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

lol also, I find it funny they have "Est. 1873". It's not like the natural spring just appeared in 1873. Your company that creates plastic casing for it did. That's a little less interesting...

The Washington Nationals used to claim they were established in 1905 even though it was patently false. You generally shouldn't put much stock into any sort of establishment year, they are often fudged to make the company seem older or more prominent than they really are.

2 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I thought the previous design was kinda ugly with the box and now this one is too plain..

Just go back to these

41ZRTXkFnLL.jpg

Again with the weird negative arching on the top of the wordmark. To me that overly stylised feature feels very out of place within the general "nature" aesthetic.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

8 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Again with the weird negative arching on the top of the wordmark. To me that overly stylised feature feels very out of place within the general "nature" aesthetic.

On this bottle though it made sense since it was going along with the shape of the forest.

22 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Then again, looking at their logo in 2001, they used to be pretty simple too.

logo.gif

What  I like about that one is not only the straightforward lettering, but also the deer. It is rendered as a simple 2-D symbol, with no attempt to be a realistic drawing.

So that's another reason that the current change is an upgrade: the depiction of the deer has taken a step towards the symbolic and away from showing excessive realistic detail. If it went all the way back to the symbol seen on this bottle, that would be even better.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

26 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

What  I like about that one is not only the straightforward lettering, but also the deer. It is rendered as a simple 2-D symbol, with no attempt to be a realistic drawing.

So that's another reason that the current change is an upgrade: the depiction of the deer has taken a step towards the symbolic and away from showing excessive realistic detail. If it went all the way back to the symbol seen on this bottle, that would be even better.

Except the symbolic deer on this has a head that seems to be attached to its body at a weird angle . . . at least in my opinion.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 7/12/2019 at 8:14 AM, leopard88 said:

Except the symbolic deer on this has a head that seems to be attached to its body at a weird angle . . . at least in my opinion.

And it looks a lot more like moose antlers.

Archived