Arizona Cardinals

andrewharrington

okay, ive scrapped my old one, for those of you that remember. i ditched the yellow as a main selling point in favor of using it as a true accent. (and almost not using it at all on the white jersey to avoid redskins confusion) in doing this, i ended up going two color with the numbers and outlines/drop shadows instead of three. (i had originally tried the drop shadows black, but they kept looking like 49er numbers. go figure :P ) i brought back the white helmet becasue silver helmet looks strange with an all white jersey. too analogous i suppose. the grey facemask ties in well with design elements like the grey neck on the home jersey and the grey sripes on the pants, and the grey drop shadows. on top of creating the modernized profile logo that was seen last time, i rendered up a little cardinal profile silhouette with the arizona state flag pattern, bringing back some 'old' school cardinals design elements. feedback is strongly encouraged. i must know if i am making good progress from the previous attempts. (which i have taken down, sorry ^_^ )

ArizonaCardinalsconcept.png

EDIT - the secondary is now a sleeve logo.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm loving the secondary. Maybe instead of on the front, it would be better as a sleeve patch, because it's positioning now looks like it's some sort of anniversary patch. I'm loving the number font, but in terms of the facemask, maybe experiment with other colors, because I think that the Cards' helmet needs an overhaul more than anything.

VmWIn6B.png

thanks. im very proud of that secondary haha. ^_^ and i am considering it as a sleeve logo. for the helmet, im thinking maybe a red facemask, or even, dare i say, a RED HELMET! dun dun DUN! (with a contrast color bird, of course, or at least an outline) im not sure though. this IS the oldest current helmet in pro football, and i wanted to keep some tradition in there, but i dont know where to go with it. and aussie, i figured you would play the 'too plain' card, and im sure others will too, and thats valid, but i have a love for plainness, if thats a word, im sure its not. thats my style becasue thats what ive grown up with, and i actually fond it more challenging to design simple things and make them look good. so, for me, it all about the conquest. i do understand where you are coming from though. thanks for the comments guys.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like it, it keeps the tradition of the Cardinals but yet it is a contemporary update of the traditional logo and uniforms...I like the secondary logo, but I would have it as a shoulder patch but only on the left side to keep it traditional to the Arizona Cardinals standard of tradition, and instead of Emmit Smith I would of went with Larry Fitzgerald but that's just me

eh, i dont have any beef with the NFLs leading rusher, except that hes not a dallas cowboy, but thats not his fault. :P

true. i was even going to do marcel shipp, but i dunno. i really wanted to put some cardinals history in it, but they have so little of it despite being around for so long. i couldnt put a lynn swann/john stallworth combo like i did for the steelers one ya know what i mean? oh well.

of all the AZ Cards concept that are posted here (and there seems to be a ridculous amount lately....), this has been the best i have seen. that secondary is awesome!

this is possibly the perfect set! the C under the collar and the grey dropshadows really set these unis off. The only thing i dont like is the grey faskmask, but thats just a personal opinion and i know its tradition and all. the pants look great too.

overall, A+ job.

thank you sir. it was the trendy update of the past week or so wasnt it? haha ^_^ FTR, i dont like the grey facemask either. never have, probably never will, but i dont know what to do with it. red facemask/white shell? red facemask/silver shell? all red? all silver/grey? silver helmet looks nice, but it doesnt really go with the white jersey as well as it could. havent tried a red helmet yet, but i would have to recolor the bird or change the outline. i dont know yet. :P

the mad Card's still the best fit, IMO but this works. and i think i'll be grateful nobody remembers who unwittingly kicked off the mass influx of Cards concepts :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived