NHL Refresh (Series Completed)

ldconcepts

0d4d4085823969.5d87c3523cac3.png

For the Coyotes, I redesigned their coyote head, removing unnecessary details and smoothing out some lines. The uniforms feature a new Native-inspired pattern, an emphasis on the sand colour for the dark jerseys, and the coyote howling at an updated moon shoulder patch.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• ldconcepts changed the title to NHL Refresh (8/32)
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • ldconcepts changed the title to NHL Refresh (9/32)
On 12/17/2019 at 5:52 PM, ldconcepts said:

0d4d4085823969.5d87c3523cac3.png

These are very nice, but I do have a minor quibble; I'd experiment with making the white jersey just be sand instead of white. White isn't a color in the logo set you have, so it looks a bit out of place with the rest of the identity. I think it'd work better to just use sand, sort of like what the Padres do with their sand alternate.

And this is definitely an opinion-based idea; but honestly, I almost think an outright merging of the Kachina Yote with the howling coyote you have here would actually be even better then this one. Really embracing that Arizonan feel for the Coyotes would be a perfect way to set them apart from every other NHL franchise.

16 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I adore the Canucks look

That blue jersey (stripes and collar) is our solution to improve the current blue third that lacks white, but has too much white in the collar.  Slap the Stick-in-Rink logo on.  Wear the regular pants with the stripes down the sides.  Get an alternate set of gloves for the thirds that are blue/green/white - a nod back to the original glove colour style.  There is our fixed third uniform.

I like the idea behind the Vegas logo, but in reality, I'm not sure it could work for an NHL team. That's no fault of your own, I just think that any logo designed to mimic a neon sign would look very beer league. 

As far as L.A. goes; that crown is one of the best-shaped I've seen for a Kings concept. It maintains the charm of the original logo without being too detailed. The squares along the band are too small, however.

The logo for the Coyotes seems a bit off. To me, it looks like it's stuck between the current logo and the polygonal Kachina-style coyote. I do really like the idea of the one shoulder patch placed on the side which the coyote faces. 

At first I thought Vancouver looked kinda lack-luster. But I came around to it. The idea of making the crosshatching in the shapes of hockey sticks and axes is brilliant, especially considering the plaid pattern it emulates when viewed from afar.  

5bff2c85823969.5d9255d7c19ce.png

The Flames' initials, CF, make up a yellow flame in the primary mark. The shoulder patches make use of the flame to throw back to the Calgary Cowboys of the WHA, while also paying tribute to the Calgary Stampede. The team's red color is darkened, while the black is removed, and the striping is inspired by their 90s-era jerseys.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

• ldconcepts changed the title to NHL Refresh (10/32)

Honestly, I think that the hat logo would make a better primary logo; the CF-flame looks a little too basic as a primary crest, and I like the idea of incorporating the Stampede into the team's main brand.

And maybe it's just me, but I feel the color jersey is a bit too simple...and honestly, I actually think black might benefit the look if moderated properly. It'd be neat to see it used with the striping pattern; two black stripes, then the yellow stripes and then the red stripe in the middle.

As it is, the dark jersey ends up losing a pair of stripes, which causes the yellow to feel a bit weaker to me in that jersey because it's so overpoweringly red that the yellow doesn't quite stand out as much. Containing those stripes in a black stripe could make it look a bit more solid, in my opinion.

On 12/21/2019 at 8:26 AM, ldconcepts said:

5bff2c85823969.5d9255d7c19ce.png

The Flames' initials, CF, make up a yellow flame in the primary mark. The shoulder patches make use of the flame to throw back to the Calgary Cowboys of the WHA, while also paying tribute to the Calgary Stampede. The team's red color is darkened, while the black is removed, and the striping is inspired by their 90s-era jerseys.

C&C appreciated!

I think some white would look good on the stripes & maybe outlining the numbers.

Also I am not really sold on the logo, 

1-it doesn't say "Flames" in any meaningful way--I'm not even sure those are flames.  It's not obvious.

I get what you're trying to do here & were trying to work in a "CF", but this doesn't work for me.

2-the logo kind of looks like this:

ai4anp.jpg

Or someone swallowing a lobster claw.

Nice attempt, and the overall look is good-but that logo needs work 

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I do like most of these

On the Canucks one did you try giving the Green stripe the same pattern as the green int he V?

Just wondering what that would look like.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 2 weeks later...

516f8785823969.5d87c3523df3c.png

For Minnesota, their signature nature scene normally encased in a bear head now make up the letter M, whose tail references their predecessors, the North Stars. The shoulder patch incorporates the state map of Minnesota, and a four pointed star marks the location of their home arena.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

• ldconcepts changed the title to NHL Refresh (11/32)

The Northern point into Lake Superior of the State should have more of a pointed outline. The state logo is also fantastic and should be swapped as the primary logo. 

Otherwise it’s a great set! 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• ldconcepts changed the title to NHL Refresh (12/32)
  • ldconcepts changed the title to NHL Refresh (13/32)

I’m really not feeling the logos for most of these. A lot of the logos feel like changing certain elements for the sake of change, but nothing’s really been a large enough improvement in my opinion. The jerseys are really good though. I’d say your Vancouver logo with the plaid has the most promise so far.

32 minutes ago, appleclock said:

I’m really not feeling the logos for most of these. A lot of the logos feel like changing certain elements for the sake of change, but nothing’s really been a large enough improvement in my opinion. The jerseys are really good though. I’d say your Vancouver logo with the plaid has the most promise so far.

Change for the sake of change is pretty much my goal here: what would the NHL look like if I couldn't keep any current logos?

Nyzv9xS.png

The next few may use some work...

10d85285823969.5db0f9a871f3d.png

The Hurricanes currently use two representations of a hurricane: the storm warning flags and a hurricane symbol. I put them together into a coherent crest, and built the rest of the jerseys around an updated warning flag pattern.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived