On 3/5/2020 at 7:35 PM, TheLogoFather72 said:

hello

On 3/6/2020 at 3:31 PM, TheLogoFather72 said:

i dont know

1 hour ago, TheLogoFather72 said:

hi

10 minutes ago, TheLogoFather72 said:

HI

I don't know what you're trying to do with these comments here, @TheLogoFather72, but these posts are very unconstructive and add nothing to the thread. I will point you in the direction of the Concepts Forum Guidelines, which state in part:

Constructive criticism must be used when commenting on concepts, be it positive or negative.

• Any replies to concepts that simply state something to the effect of "OMG, this sux!" or "AWESOME!!!11!" that the moderator team encounters will be removed.

Just an FYI,  I just announced over on the story (alt sports history) website that the AAFL has signed a deal that will have NIKE work with SME Branding to design uniforms and, in some cases, new branding, for the entire AAFL, beginning with the 1991 season.  Expect about 2-4 teams per year to get new uniforms, and some will have new logos too.  First up (if I follow my plan):  Colorado, Washington and Dallas.   

Expect the 1996 Broncos "innovation" to hit the AAFL a few years earlier, because they are deliberately pushing to differentiate themselves from the style of the NFL at the time. 

OK, I am getting a little ahead of myself, since I have not finished the 1990 season on the alt-history page, but I am hoping to get some feedback.  Here is the updated 1991 Nike uniform and new logo for the Colorado Rangers.  Thoughts?  Too  modern?  The sleeves are based loosely on the NY Jets, so certainly not "new".  The font is the 1997 Broncos font, but I am working from the premise that the AAFL is asking Nike and SME to innovate, so some late-90's items might get introduced a bit earlier. 

New logo first (remember that "Rangers" is a reference to the Front Range mountains, as well as the idea of National parks. so I added mountains to the "shield" of the park rangers.

spacer.png

And the Uniforms.

spacer.png

i like it. although it might be interesting if nike did non white "clash kits" as another level of innovation. could make for some interesting uniforms

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

15 hours ago, TheLogoFather72 said:

Also, I have a request for an expansion team in Cincinnati at Nippert Stadium on the campus of the university of Cincinnati, one of the oldest schools the FBS.

Again, I will point you in the direction of the Concept Forum Guidelines:

Do not post any requests for particular teams in someone's concept series thread or post requests for additional concepts in the thread of an individual concept.

===============

7 minutes ago, TheLogoFather72 said:

Yo we live in the same time zone.

No one cares. As mentioned before, keep your comments constructive and focused on the artwork in the thread.

2nd of 3 Nike Revisions of AAFL teams:  Washington Warriors

1. Logo-- Slight Update (back to my original idea)-- Change shield to white & blue (less solid) and addition of the 3 stars form DC flag above the shield. 

spacer.png

2. Uniform:  Went with jersey side stripes aligning with pantstripe as the "new, edgy" element Nike brings to the uniform.  The 3 stars act as a 2ndary logo, on sleeves and in pant stripes.  Note that the team has only white pants, but two different sets, to align with the jersey stripes. 

spacer.png

Guest darkpiranha
On 3/9/2020 at 11:26 PM, WideRight said:

OK, I am getting a little ahead of myself, since I have not finished the 1990 season on the alt-history page, but I am hoping to get some feedback.  Here is the updated 1991 Nike uniform and new logo for the Colorado Rangers.  Thoughts?  Too  modern?  The sleeves are based loosely on the NY Jets, so certainly not "new".  The font is the 1997 Broncos font, but I am working from the premise that the AAFL is asking Nike and SME to innovate, so some late-90's items might get introduced a bit earlier. 

New logo first (remember that "Rangers" is a reference to the Front Range mountains, as well as the idea of National parks. so I added mountains to the "shield" of the park rangers.

spacer.png

And the Uniforms.

spacer.png

I love the overall look of this. On the shield, the center stripe doesn't really work because it's mostly obscured and it just looks like a large blog of blue on the right, and a tiny blip of blue on the left.  I'd try ether making the C small enough to where the fact that it's a stripe is clearly visible, or just fill in the white space on the bottom so that it looks like the whole bottom half of the shield is supposed to be blue.  

9 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Still think that logo is a bit modern, seems 2005 and up, the uniforms look good though, Colorado looks great! 

11 hours ago, WideRight said:

And the last of the 3 NIKE overhauls of AAFL Squads.  Dallas get's their new Bull logo and the uniforms get a definite Bronco vibe to them, 5 years ahead of the NFL. 

On 3/11/2020 at 12:15 AM, WideRight said:

2nd of 3 Nike Revisions of AAFL teams:  Washington Warriors

On 3/10/2020 at 12:26 AM, WideRight said:

I kinda agree with Diet Dr Pepper here. These types of logos at that day and age were supposed to be embarrassing not clean.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

14 hours ago, WideRight said:

And the last of the 3 NIKE overhauls of AAFL Squads.  Dallas get's their new Bull logo and the uniforms get a definite Bronco vibe to them, 5 years ahead of the NFL. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Speaking of Elvis era Patriots.... this literally has their spirit.

Archived