NFL 100th Anniversary Celebration

thespungo

11 hours ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

Without the two-tone pants and monochrome, this would be a great look for the Cardinals right now. Can't wait to see the rest of the series.

Gotta say, I think it'd be pretty weird to see the players run around the field and make tackles while not wearing pants, but maybe you're on to something. Would be good for the tv ratings, at least.

Looking forward to the rest of this project, Jesse. I love the winged Cardinals helmet, seems so obvious. I'm hoping you use a similar treatment for the Patriots and their tri-corner hat...or maybe I'll revisit my NFL re-design and try that out. 

Your photorealistic template looks great, any interest in sharing it? 

Ok, since the Chargers new uniform release has been getting a lot of positive press (and deservedly so, I think) thought I could share where I'm at with them currently.

Having a hard time deciding between three directions I've got for them ––

spacer.png

I like how this one is super clean. If you're at all familiar with my tastes, I'm not a fan of superfluous outlines –– this one obviously goes all in on that front. I also like how the bolt is scattered throughout the uniform in non-parallel ways –– alludes to the scattered, unpredictable nature of electricity. 

spacer.png

This one was my attempt at a very minimalist take on the bolt logo. A series of lines, or currents, arranged in the shape of one angled bolt of lightning. 

spacer.png

And this one, funny enough, is fairly similar to the actual uniform set they revealed the other day. A sleeker, slimmed-down version of their iconic bolt logo, arranged pretty much how they have it, I believe. Only difference is my lightning-inspired number typeface.

So, what do you guys think? Anything here working better than others?

It may not be the most charger-like look, but I think a futuristic take would lean heavily into representing lightning, dark shades of blue, and white or bright yellow lightning bolts. 

I like that minimalistic take in the middle, although maybe try a thin line of lighting instead of multiple lines. Imagine like a heart monitor on the sleeves, and something similar on the pants if that makes sense. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 4/22/2020 at 6:46 PM, thespungo said:

Ok, since the Chargers new uniform release has been getting a lot of positive press (and deservedly so, I think) thought I could share where I'm at with them currently.

Having a hard time deciding between three directions I've got for them ––

spacer.png

I like how this one is super clean. If you're at all familiar with my tastes, I'm not a fan of superfluous outlines –– this one obviously goes all in on that front. I also like how the bolt is scattered throughout the uniform in non-parallel ways –– alludes to the scattered, unpredictable nature of electricity. 

spacer.png

This one was my attempt at a very minimalist take on the bolt logo. A series of lines, or currents, arranged in the shape of one angled bolt of lightning. 

spacer.png

And this one, funny enough, is fairly similar to the actual uniform set they revealed the other day. A sleeker, slimmed-down version of their iconic bolt logo, arranged pretty much how they have it, I believe. Only difference is my lightning-inspired number typeface.

So, what do you guys think? Anything here working better than others?

I like the colors and the traditional bolt, but not the number font. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I would love all of them, with my preferences towards the first and third design. My only other nitpick is the yellow color should be a little brighter. Almost volt yellow like. This yellow is too dull...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Here's one of my first drafts on the Chargers, have since changed a few details but the general idea remains the same.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thought the neon elements, styled after Nike's volt color, could be light activated. Glossy and reflective, so stadium lights, camera flashes, etc. could cause a fun glow that furthers the idea of the team being "electric".

• 1 month later...

For the Bucs, I took a look back to the Creamsicle days and even further back to the days of Gulf Coast piracy. Whereas the Oakland Raiders on the opposite coast are the dark, grimy, more despicable and blood-lusting barbarians, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers take after the more bright, flamboyant pirates who used to sail the high seas in search of fortune and treasure. Bright and shiny copper helmets/pants pair with jerseys featuring geometric lines reminiscent of the jewels found in pirate’s booty, while the famous Creamsicle uniforms inspire the striping as well as the more vibrant red-orange.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is amazing! The presentation, templates, concepts, everything. The idea of futuristic uniforms leaves a whole lotta room for creativity, and leads the way for some stellar concepts. While the uniforms themselves would never fly in today's NFL, they are still very well crafted and thought out. This will be a very entertaining thread, and I can't wait to see more. 

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

• 3 weeks later...

Archived