New Football League Puts Viewers In Control

SportsLogos.Net News

New Football League Puts Viewers In Control

September 29, 2020 - 14:50 PM

Starting this February, Fan Controlled Football will begin its inaugural six-week season with four teams designed by fans and a play call submitted by viewers on Twitch. The startup league, which was co-founded by former Chicago Bears and New York Jets defensive back Ray Austin, will give fans the opportunity

Read More...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember the time Richard Nixon tried to call a play for the R'dskins because he was such a big football fan and it turned out to be really stupid and they lost yardage on the play? What if that one play in one game were an entire league? 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"there's 2 seconds left. Now listen up. It's your basic Statue of Liberty play with one twist. You throw it to me. Knute Rockne called it the forward pass."

gZfxV4x.jpeg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 10/2/2020 at 11:27 PM, GDAWG said:

https://cheddar.com/media/fans-control-gameplay-rosters-and-other-league-matters-in-new-football-league

Not only can fans call plays, the fans can also build rosters, hire coaches, name the teams and logos and team colors.  

I can do that in Madden 04's Franchise Mode. Pretty sure a game to this league will cost me more than $5 in a used game store.

The team owners are Quavo from the rap group Migos, San Francisco 49ers All Pro CB Richard Sherman, former Seahawks All Pro RB Marshawn Lynch, Boxing legend Mike Tyson and a group known as Kinda Funny, whatever that means.

The 6 month plan:

• Launch a new website and announce our plans to the world
  • Have the fans in the Twitch community pick who will be the leader of their team
  • Fans to create the names, logos and jerseys for their team
  • Fans to decide a slew of key league rules including what is a catch, how do we handle replay, what is the OT format, etc
  • Roll out sweet app and Twitch extension that will let fans make real-time decisions for their favorite team
  • Create some dope gear for each of our teams that our fans can proudly rock because they helped to create it
  • Sell a bunch of sponsorships to cool brands who dig what we’re doing
  • Partner with a TV network and other digital media companies to help ensure that sports fans far and wide know all about the FCF
  • Design an amazing set that will provide a killer viewing experience for our fans
  • Work with our fans to recruit players and help us bring in an elite group of football players to camp to tryout for our teams
  • Move everybody into a bubble where we can eat, sleep, practice and play our games to minimize the risk of COVID ruining the party
  • Run through training camp and have the fans pick their squads
  • Put out tons of content so our fans can really get to know the players, coaches, owners and the teams the fans themselves are running
  • Start the 4-game regular season and let the fans call the plays
  • Optimize the experience – if fans help us identify a rule that sucks or a new way to run the game that makes it more exciting, then we’ll implement that for the very next week
  • Have a playoff and crown a champion

https://news.fcf.io/2020/the-road-ahead/

15 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I can't wait to see what logos and unis you guys come up with for this league!

Some people won't take it seriously and will want silly names like Football McFootballFace or crazy color schemes just to mess around.  

Archived