Cleveland Indians become the Cleveland Guardians

Bill0813

5 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Is it gonna happen???

spacer.png

Shut up and take my money

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Hate to be a buzzkill, kids, but just a friendly reminder....

This is an official moderator warning.  Due to the official announcement of the Cleveland MLB name change, discussion will be allowed.  However, please be aware that the official board policies remain in place and that any post that requires moderator intervention will be immediately reviewed for possible disciplinary action.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I think for the most part people are too excited about the potential for Spiders or something else cool to :censored: and complain about "the PC police" and all that other nonsense that leads to [mod edit]s.  I'd be shocked if a Cleveland Baseball Team thread went sideways like the WFT one had been on the brink of so many times.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is an official moderator warning.  Due to the official announcement of the Cleveland MLB name change, discussion will be allowed. However, please be aware that the official board policies remain in place. Any post that requires moderator intervention will be immediately reviewed for possible disciplinary action.

Thank you for your cooperation.

BB52Big.jpg

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

I'd be shocked if a Cleveland Baseball Team thread went sideways like the WFT one had been on the brink of so many times.

Never underestimate sports fans. 😜

In all seriousness, I do hope this doesn't end up going that direction. WFT was enough of a headache on these boards for this year.

11 hours ago, GelatinousLimes said:

Cleveland Baseball Club.

of Cleveland

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I actually think Blues would be perfect; not only would it nicely play off of Cincinnati, but there's historical leverage there both in the past of the city's MLB teams and within the current franchise (they started as the Bluebirds, after all) and Cleveland's had a long history with rhythm and blues. Plus, the music-focused identity is a totally unique niche within the MLB.

If they want to be music-focused, they need to make a nod to the rock & roll. Though, Cleveland Rocks, as some have proposed, would be a terrible name.

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Cleveland's got a great, built-in identity with the Spiders -- so clearly they'll pick a name with some sort of brutal Rock and Roll HOF connection

The current franchise has never been the Spiders. The oldest name that applies to the current major league franchise is the Bluebirds, then the Broncos. Broncos obviously isn't going anywhere because of the Denver Broncos, but Bluebirds/Blues would work.

If you really wanna go deep on the history, you could call 'em the Cleveland Rustlers after the Grand Rapids team that eventually morphed into the MLB Cleveland franchise.

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

Cleveland's got a great, built-in identity with the Spiders -- so clearly they'll pick a name with some sort of brutal Rock and Roll HOF connection

Welcome back, Cleveland Rockers because nothing says "big league" like naming your team after a defunct WNBA franchise.

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Cleveland's got a great, built-in identity with the Spiders -- so clearly they'll pick a name with a brutal Rock and Roll HOF tie-in

Moments after this post, a serious "Cleveland Rocks" suggestion came across my timeline 😬😬😬😬

6uXNWAo.png

Blues and Forest Citys are the only names worth considering because they precede Indians in the team's 100+year history. Spiders is atrocious. It's a bug. No one wants to be a bug.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

Wish I shared your optimism.

I would have hoped that some of my optimism, belief in the virtue of my fellow posters, and never-ending positivity would have rubbed off on you over the past 16 years.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

Blues and Forest Citys are the only names worth considering because they precede Indians in the team's 100+year history. Spiders is atrocious. It's a bug. No one wants to be a bug.

I'd be OK with Blues. Forest Citys reminds me of the old auto parts stores.

6bb37fa76129848555d425986807e851.jpg&f=11974335762_a531e34e49.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

BB52Big.jpg

Archived