Cleveland Indians become the Cleveland Guardians

Bill0813

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, walkerws said:

I agree. I would use the cursive Cleveland script just because it isn't so bland. Maybe even use throwback Cleveland scripts to mix it up. 

Hmm, good point.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

The 1995-2001 “Cleveland” does suffer from the uncanny valley issue more than the contemporary “Indians” script (which is already pretty bad on that front).

Imagine this, but with the home cap and a white base for the home jersey:

spacer.png

I don't think Spiders is the right move; that team had a historically miserable season, and that's not the kind of mojo an already Series-less franchise needs to rebrand itself with.

I actually think Blues would be perfect; not only would it nicely play off of Cincinnati, but there's historical leverage there both in the past of the city's MLB teams and within the current franchise (they started as the Bluebirds, after all) and Cleveland's had a long history with rhythm and blues. Plus, the music-focused identity is a totally unique niche within the MLB.

I really thought they could get away with dropping the logo and asking everyone to be polite, but I'm stupid. I forgot there's no compromising with culture warriors, it's just take, take, take, take, take. They always get to win every single time because the wins are cheap.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I don't think Spiders is the right move; that team had a historically miserable season, and that's not the kind of mojo an already Series-less franchise needs to rebrand itself with.

I actually think Blues would be perfect; not only would it nicely play off of Cincinnati, but there's historical leverage there and Cleveland's had a long history with rhythm and blues. Plus, the music-focused identity is a totally unique niche within the MLB.

Thwy have 2 World Series titles. 1922 and 1948. 

1 minute ago, walkerws said:

Thwy have 2 World Series titles. 1922 and 1948. 

The Spiders aren't known for that, though; they're known widely for the still-held worst record in MLB history. Again, not the kind of mojo you want your team taking on.

Hate to be a buzzkill, kids, but just a friendly reminder....

This is an official moderator warning.  Due to the official announcement of the Cleveland MLB name change, discussion will be allowed.  However, please be aware that the official board policies remain in place and that any post that requires moderator intervention will be immediately reviewed for possible disciplinary action.

Thank you for your cooperation.

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I really thought they could get away with dropping the logo and asking everyone to be polite, but I'm stupid. I forgot there's no compromising with culture warriors, it's just take, take, take, take, take. They always get to win every single time because the wins are cheap.

Its not cheap. Its offensive and/or complicated for a specific group of people. Once Washington Football dropped the name, we knew this was coming. 

Archived