College Football 2021

MJWalker45

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s too bad all of these games are on ESPN+.

I know they have no interest in dropping down, but I’m curious if New Mexico State is going to be able to stay up long enough to get a lifeline during the next conference cataclysm. They’re not the first FBS team to be humiliated by an FCS school, but it usually doesn’t happen against a team transitioning from D2. 

The Bison have recovered from their WTF lost to absolutely destroy Missouri State... shutting them down.

Meanwhile Deion Sanders leads Jackson State to a come from behind win against Grambling State 33-28... first conference win tof or Sanders in the hated red.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Developing news on the HBCU front...[reportedly] Eddie George is now set to join the ranks:

https://www.wkrn.com/sports/report-former-titans-rb-eddie-george-named-tennessee-state-tigers-coach/

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Big news in college sports...

A lot of people are afraid this will result in top P5 teams poaching talent from G5 teams but I don't think that will be the case.  I think that way more often than not, the talent is going to go the other way, which is what we see now with all of the kids getting waivers anyways.  We'll see, but I think this will hurt the top recruiting teams more than it helps them.

IUe6Hvh.png

2 minutes ago, See Red said:

Big news in college sports...

A lot of people are afraid this will result in top P5 teams poaching talent from G5 teams but I don't think that will be the case.  I think that way more often than not, the talent is going to go the other way, which is what we see now with all of the kids getting waivers anyways.  We'll see, but I think this will hurt the top recruiting teams more than it helps them.

I don't think so, because it's more likely that kid is going to go to another school that wanted him during recruiting rather than look for a brand new team. I think it will hurt schools that fire coaches and don't have the replacement ready to go when that happens. You'll see other schools poaching those kids like what happened when SMU got the death penalty. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Thankfully, it's a one time move. Otherwise, it becomes akin to free agency in pro sports.

I think you'll see more high level talent leaving the bigger schools and heading to smaller schools.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright... LSU football needs to be burned to the ground.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2021/04/26/lsu-conspired-cover-up-sexual-misconduct-seven-women-claim-suit/7381875002/

Former student Calise Richardson, who shared her account with USA TODAY in December, said she and other students in the football recruiting office were encouraged to do anything to lure top football recruits on visits to LSU, including having sex with them. Players, coaches and other men affiliated with LSU solicited her for sex on multiple occasions, she said.

IUe6Hvh.png

9 hours ago, See Red said:

They need to be kicked out of the NCAA if these are proven. Forget a death penalty. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They need to be kicked out of the NCAA if these are proven. Forget a death penalty. 

I agree.  What will actually happen, though?  Nothing.

NCAA has no teeth after the Penn State thing.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived