USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

11 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

I like how you've given the Philadelphia Stars a sense of tradition. They still dominated the Eighties in your scenario, right?

Yes and no, Philly did win 2 titles in the 80's and just won their 3rd in 1994, but they were not totally dominant.

USFL ALT HISTORY LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS

1983--Tampa Bay Bandits       d. Denver Gold

1984--Michigan Panthers      d. Birmingham Stallions

1985--Philadelphia Stars        d. Chicago Blitz

1986--Michigan Panthers      d. Philadelphia Stars

1987--Philadelphia Stars       d. Houston Gamblers

1988--Houston Gamblers      d. Memphis Showboats

1989--New Jersey Generals  d. Denver Gold

1990--Washington Federals  d. Arizona Wranglers

1991--Oakland Invaders          d. Orlando Renegades

1992--Houston Gamblers       d. Pittsburgh Maulers

1993--Birmingham Stallions  d. Houston Gamblers

1994--Philadelphia Stars         d. Chicago Machine

1 hour ago, Skycast said:

I may be in the minority, but I prefer the old uniform template.

The "flat" version is more helpful for desiging the uniforms, but I like having a "model" as well.  I am going to use both going forward, one to reveal new looks and then a "see how it looks on players" option as well. 

• Like 4

One more just to wrap up the "O"s.   Oakland, of course.  Only the yellow pants version.  They also have a white set.

Next up is New Orleans, which will take a while.  The helmet and all the waves I built into the Uni are great but a challenge to add to a 3/4 position image. 

spacer.png

• Like 7

Our trip from Z to A in USFL clubs continues with our two N clubs:  New Orleans and New Jersey.   This is the 1995 Mike Ditka Breakers who switched from Navy, Royal and Silver to two shades of teal and silver.  We also have the Generals looking very much like they did in 1983.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Those Breakers jerseys are outstanding. 

I like the Generals as a whole but it feels like it's missing that pop of gold from the logo. I don't if a wordmark or a number outline would help but i just feels a bit light.

New Jersey is one of the teams getting new uniforms for 1996, along with Jacksonville, so you may get your wish. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Maybe you've addressed this already (and maybe I've asked and forgotten), but the NFL by this time in its history and joined the NBA and MLB in stitching the league logo onto the uniforms. Do you expect your USFL to do the same? 

I have worked up an alternate USFL logo because I think the full acronym does not work as a league logo on a jersey.  Expect to see that incorporated into the uniforms either in 1996 or 1997.  

• Like 1

Let's keep this parade of uniforms going with the league's two M teams, Michigan and Memphis.  For those who did not follow the Alt History of the league, Memphis switched from Silver & Cardinal to a bluish tinted silver similar in some ways to what Dallas does with their home pant color.  Michigan switched to a new logo in 1994 (based on the U. of Houston) but retained the same basic helmet design with the cat curving up the entire bottom of the helmet. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next up are the new look Express and the Bulls. 

• Like 6

On 2021-11-16 at 9:48 PM, WideRight said:

And here are the St. Louis Knights.  I am not loving this look, so expect them to get a new identity/look for either 1996 or 1997.   Sure, it is basically the WLAF NY/NJ Knights in purple, but the more I look at it the more I think they need to go in a slightly different direction. 

spacer.png

Maybe don’t change it till the early 2000s so you can use the 2001-2006 AF2 Macon Knights logo and  change the colours to some new colours.

Next up the "New" LA Express, returning to the City of Angels after a 3 year hiatus, and the Jacksonville Bulls. 

LA retains a lot of its original 1983-1992 look, but swapped out burgundy for a lighter "speed" blue.  

spacer.png

Jacksonville is still sporting the same look they started out with in 1984, though rumors have them getting a new look for 1996. 

spacer.png

Next up we will have Houston and Denver, both of the league's Men in Black. 

• Like 4