USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

Hi all,  So here is the Baltimore Blitz's new look.  Not a major departure, with some altered striping patterns and a modern element in the stripe "shifts".  Billy Blitz makes an appearance on the sleeve, but otherwise very much recognizable as a Blitz uniform. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not happy with how the numbers turned out on the figure uniforms, but you get the basic idea. 

• Like 4

OK, folks. Time for a FAN VOTE.  I have 2 designs for the Washington Federals' new logo.  The first is based on a whole slew of eagle-head-in-shield logos.  The second is basically the SLC Screaming Eagles arenaball team logo.  

They may both get used, or maybe only 1. 

My question for you is, which feels more 1998 to you?  Not better, just more typical of the late 1990's.   

Here they are:  

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • WOAH 1

OK, one more question for everyone.  Let's assume that the Federals realize that there are a ton of DC fans who are not happy with the similarity between the Federals and the Philadelphia Eagles.  This tends to be more of an issue when the Eagles are good, so perhaps the Donovan McNabb era.  If the Federals wanted to distance their look from that of the Eagles, which of these strategies do you think they would be most likely to try:

1.  Stick with the look, but stay at Kelly Green when Philly goes to Midnight Green. 

2. Change the secondary color from black to something else like Navy or purple. 

3. Change the primary color from green to something else entirely.

4. Keep the colors the same but replace the eagle imagery with some other "federal" icon like the capitol building. 

5. Both change colors and logos to separate completely. 

6. Something else I have not thought of. 

17 hours ago, WideRight said:

OK, one more question for everyone.  Let's assume that the Federals realize that there are a ton of DC fans who are not happy with the similarity between the Federals and the Philadelphia Eagles.  This tends to be more of an issue when the Eagles are good, so perhaps the Donovan McNabb era.  If the Federals wanted to distance their look from that of the Eagles, which of these strategies do you think they would be most likely to try:

1.  Stick with the look, but stay at Kelly Green when Philly goes to Midnight Green. 

2. Change the secondary color from black to something else like Navy or purple. 

3. Change the primary color from green to something else entirely.

4. Keep the colors the same but replace the eagle imagery with some other "federal" icon like the capitol building. 

5. Both change colors and logos to separate completely. 

6. Something else I have not thought of. 

I think they should own the brand and win another championship before Philly does to really stick it to them. But of the options listed, I'd say 2

And we have our second logo reveal (uniforms coming).  The Memphis Showboats get on the BFBS bandwagon of the 90's.  It is not officially BFBS since there has always been a hint of Black in the Showboats logos and uniforms, but never officially as a team color.  That changes in 1998 when the Showboats add more black to all aspects of the team identity, including the main logo, the wordmark, and the new secondary "S"-wheeler logo.    How will this upgrade of black impact the Showboats' red & silver sky (blue/silver) uniforms?  That will be revealed soon.  Then on to the once-again reimagined Washington Federals. 

spacer.png

• Like 2