USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

And a bit of news.  The Chicago Machine lost a trademark infringement lawsuit from a small machining company in Michigan, so they have to drop the M (originally from the Montreal Machine).   I have 2 options here, I can modify the Chicago Enforcers logo or I can create a new logo.  I am leaning towards the latter.  It will be a new logo, but one with significant inspiration from the Montreal Machine M, so not entirely new, which is something I am trying to avoid, using borrowed, or otherwises sourced logos whenever possible.   That new logo will be revealed soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WideRight said:

And a bit of news.  The Chicago Machine lost a trademark infringement lawsuit from a small machining company in Michigan, so they have to drop the M (originally from the Montreal Machine).   I have 2 options here, I can modify the Chicago Enforcers logo or I can create a new logo.  I am leaning towards the latter.  It will be a new logo, but one with significant inspiration from the Montreal Machine M, so not entirely new, which is something I am trying to avoid, using borrowed, or otherwises sourced logos whenever possible.   That new logo will be revealed soon. 

I was a huge fan of the XFL so obviously I’m partial to all of those teams, but I can’t wait to see what you churn out.

Have you seen any of the new USFL logos that were leaked?  They are terrible.. and I’m hoping they’re false 

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

18 hours ago, BengalErnst said:

I was a huge fan of the XFL so obviously I’m partial to all of those teams, but I can’t wait to see what you churn out.

Have you seen any of the new USFL logos that were leaked?  They are terrible.. and I’m hoping they’re false 

Just saw them.  Several are definitely downgrades from the originals but I did not hate most of them.  

I will say they have a couple that are not far off from what I was thinking (PIT, TBY, MGN, BHM).  

More on Chicago soon, but for now here are the next 2 teams,  Chicago (1995 version) and Birmingham. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Only 3 left, Baltimore, Atlanta, and Arizona.

• Like 3

Just saw them.  Several are definitely downgrades from the originals but I did not hate most of them.  

I will say they have a couple that are not far off from what I was thinking (PIT, TBY, MGN, BHM).  

No those look a lot better once they were colored differently.. the leaked versions I saw didn’t have them colored that way. These look much more competent 

• Like 1

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

On 11/21/2021 at 8:20 PM, WideRight said:

You could do the Enforcers logo with the machine cog "C" from the Chicago Machine (MLL, not a football team). I know you dont intend to use any arena logos but the old Danville Demolition logo (bulldozer) would make a solid secondary for the Machine, its more professional than a majority of indoor/arena stuff. 

• Like 1

After seeing the new 2022 USFL logos, I wanted to see if I could merge the new red-orange-gold logo with a more traditional Stars logo.  I think I like this quite a bit, and it might just make its way into the Alt History USFL I have been working on.  What do you think?  I think the use of orange actually does help with the transition from one star to the other. 

spacer.png

• Like 7

On 11/21/2021 at 9:20 PM, WideRight said:

What about a third option: rebrand the team with a completely new identity? Maybe something along the lines of Chicago Bruisers?

YOZXkBG.png?1

Thanks, guys, but while I appreciate the suggestions, I just love the idea of Chicago Machine as a team name in that city.  It combines the blue-collar mentality of Chicago with the city's reputation for political hackery and corruption (The Chicago Machine is a well-known turn of phrase in the city to the idea of inside politics and shenanigans by those in power in the city.)

I think I have developed what I want to use, and will be revealing it soon.  

• Like 2

Not ready to reveal the new Chicago logo yet, but I do have 2 other clubs that are getting new uniforms for 1996, Jacksonville and New Jersey.  So, here is the new look for the Jacksonville Bulls.  Shoulder yokes, side stripes, and logos on sleeves being the big trend to watch for in the late 90's and early 2000's.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

Not ready to reveal the new Chicago logo yet, but I do have 2 other clubs that are getting new uniforms for 1996, Jacksonville and New Jersey.  So, here is the new look for the Jacksonville Bulls.  Shoulder yokes, side stripes, and logos on sleeves being the big trend to watch for in the late 90's and early 2000's.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

Shoulder yoke, pants stripes, and socks are all upgrades imo! I think the color balance is a little off with the burgundy pants on the away uniform. Would look great with the grey or white pants though 👍

I get the feeling it'd look a lot better with a burgundy yoke on the away jersey; I get that it'd minimize the amount of grey on those unis, but I think it'd look a lot better with the white base. other than that, everything else about these is pretty top-notch.

53Ocz8U.png

One more for you before the Chicago reveal.  Here are the new look New Jersey Generals.   Some keys:

1. Return of the laurel leaf logo,but still with blue outlining (see USFL 2022 for inspiration).

2. Drop shadow numbers. with gold and blue outlines. 

3. New secondary logo (too good to resist) now a patch on the chest.

4. Side panels morph into pant stripe with an "epaulette" concept (Tried it on shoulders, did not like it.)

5. New wordmark with state of NJ included for emphasis. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

13 hours ago, WideRight said:

One more for you before the Chicago reveal.  Here are the new look New Jersey Generals.   Some keys:

1. Return of the laurel leaf logo,but still with blue outlining (see USFL 2022 for inspiration).

2. Drop shadow numbers. with gold and blue outlines. 

3. New secondary logo (too good to resist) now a patch on the chest.

4. Side panels morph into pant stripe with an "epaulette" concept (Tried it on shoulders, did not like it.)

5. New wordmark with state of NJ included for emphasis. 

I love the addition of blue and the pant stripe, not a fan of the laurel leaf on the helmet though. It just looks too busy or cluttered.