USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

14 hours ago, WideRight said:

One more for you before the Chicago reveal.  Here are the new look New Jersey Generals.   Some keys:

1. Return of the laurel leaf logo,but still with blue outlining (see USFL 2022 for inspiration).

2. Drop shadow numbers. with gold and blue outlines. 

3. New secondary logo (too good to resist) now a patch on the chest.

4. Side panels morph into pant stripe with an "epaulette" concept (Tried it on shoulders, did not like it.)

5. New wordmark with state of NJ included for emphasis. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I like the addition of the gold. The blue stripe is an interesting touch that is growing on me.

I really do not like the chest logo and find it clutters the design. Thoughts on adding the laurel to the sleeves and move the numbers up to the shoulders? 

On 11/26/2021 at 6:26 PM, BengalErnst said:

XFL hitmen logo would actually go pretty well with “Bruisers”

@BengalErnstI think you mean this logo, right?
spacer.png

20 hours ago, WideRight said:

One more for you before the Chicago reveal.  Here are the new look New Jersey Generals.   Some keys:

1. Return of the laurel leaf logo,but still with blue outlining (see USFL 2022 for inspiration).

4. Side panels morph into pant stripe with an "epaulette" concept (Tried it on shoulders, did not like it.)

spacer.png

spacer.png

@WideRightThe numbers on the home jersey don't match in the bottom pic. But nonetheless, this Generals redesign is just fantastic, especially with the addition of the alternate logo.

YOZXkBG.png?1

16 hours ago, JH42XCC said:

@BengalErnstI think you mean this logo, right?
spacer.png

@WideRightThe numbers on the home jersey don't match in the bottom pic. But nonetheless, this Generals redesign is just fantastic, especially with the addition of the alternate logo.

Thanks for that catch, I will update it to fix that issue. 

Fixed the NJ Number situation.  

spacer.png

And here, with no ado at all, is the new logo and look for the Chicago Machine.  They retain their U. of Chicago Maroon, the Iron Metal Grey, and the Chicago Flag sky blue as colors.  They have a new "Chicago Theatre" inspired Gear-C logo, and have moved from sleeve stripes to a full yoke treatment.  The pant stripes are also more complex than the single maroon stripe (and now maroon pants).  

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

On 12/3/2021 at 5:52 PM, ralphz said:

Numbers on the maroon Machine 3D shoulders don't match the 2D version. 

Otherwise in love it. 

In fact, it comes from the Jacksonville Bulls uniforms on the previous page

YOZXkBG.png?1

On 11/29/2021 at 9:46 PM, WideRight said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The revised Generals uniforms  are nice,, however I prefer the original Generals uniforms. The originals have a classic look.  Perhaps tweak the original uniforms just a bit to bring it up to a modern day look. 

BTW- With this new design, the Generals are now fully embracing their Jersey roots. Embracing their Jersey roots would probably result in the nearby NYC media market and fanbase not supporting this team as much as they would if it had "New York" as a  team.  This Generals franchise would already have a tall order in competing with the local area teams that play in the spring- Yankees, Mets, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders, Devils.   

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI that I have 3 designs primed and ready go go as part of Nike's 1997 season updates.  I am away from my home computer (where I keep Corel) so nothing for a few more days, but once I am home and get the 1996 USFL season simulation started I will then begin to introduce the 3 teams that will have new looks in 1997.  

It's Denver, Orlando, and Texas.  Two of them will be getting a new primary logo as well as new uniforms.  Which will get tweaked and which will undergo a major change?    News on this soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the first of three new looks for the 1997 USFL season.  The Texas Outlaws take yet another element from the real world CFL San Antonio Texans by adopting the snakeskin pattern in their striping.  They retain a green helmet with royal blue jersey, though i do think a blue alternate helmet will definitely be an item before too long.  

The other main addition is the new wordmark, which includes the iconic shape of the Alamo as a feature.  This thin outline is also added to the jerseys in lieu of a team name across the chest.  This helps tie the team to San Antonio while still allowing for the broader "Texas Outlaws" name to be retained. 

The uniform uses a block number which contains a couple of midpoint accents (triangular points) but only on the numbers 1, 6, 9, and 0.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

-Chicago 

Chicago is amazing. The colors  stay, but a nice logo comes in to replace the old M. I also like the little  gear on back of the helmet that holds the number, very creative!

-Dallas

The outline for the Alamo looks cool as heck. I know it’s the 90s, but it  mind of seems out of place. Maybe you can use it for a alt. Besides that, the new pattern  and fonts are amazing. Keep up the work!

Alright USFL Fans, here is the first new logo of the 1997 group, the Orlando Renegades.  

I decided that the "hand drawn" version of the tomahawk should not survive any longer, replaced by a more linear, block-based tomahawk.  I decided to also use this opportunity to remove the singular use of red in the logo and solidify the team colors as Royal, Black, and Silver.  I retained the Renegades script, but demoted it off of the helmet, replaced by a block "O" (from the UConn font, for those of you who love fonts.)

The uniforms are based very heavily on the XFL from 2001, namely the Chicago Enforcers, as well as a much greater emphasis on Black.  Not entirely BFBS, since the logo always had black in it, but certainly a much higher level of black as the dominant color.  

Here you go, the 1997 Orlando Renegades. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5