Professional Lacrosse Changes

Jer15

2 hours ago, tigers said:

It's how things are now.

Chase the dollar and forget about the sport or sports intrests.

They would of been better to approach the NLL and try and put at least one PLL All Star team into the NLL

Why in the world would a rival company help another rival company?

You dont see pepsi propping up coke.

They're rivals. Competing for the same dollar. Just like any sports team and league, even in the same city, are rivals competing for the same finite resource of money.

I spent money on FC Köln gear. That money means I cant upgrade my computer or book a flight or buy blue jays stuff. Because it's gone. Point being? They're not going to do something that hurts them because again, rivals. So it's a nonstarter.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Don't like the Archers' CS uniforms now that I've seen them in action. Inferior number font to the regular season unis. Their shade of orange isn't pleasant to look at for extended periods of time. The navy blue helmets have proven to not only be the best helmets in the Archers' repertoire, but the best looking helmets the in the entire league to date.

Chrome's CS unis were okay. Maybe they should have gone with horizontal stripes since vertical stripes are the Redwoods' signature look. Looks like they brought back the number font from 2019.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 2/22/2023 at 7:02 AM, Jer15 said:

This championship series thing still rubs me the wrong way. 

The NLL changed their schedule to (mostly)be done in time for PLL after years of overlap with the MLL. 

Now PLL is deciding to just run an indoor tournament in the middle of the NLL season?

I admit, despite trying to get into it  (especially when the Toronto/Hamilton Nationals were a thing in MLL), I'm not much of an outdoor fan (despite being a very big NLL and MSL fan) so maybe I'm missing something but it still feels like these 2 were getting along nicely and then this came to be.

I don't think its about NLL vs PLL. The Championship Series is played with Olympic Sixes rules. If anything, its a test drive to see what kinks need worked out before 2028 when lacrosse will be at the Olympics

• Like 4

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, colinturner95 said:

I don't think its about NLL vs PLL. The Championship Series is played with Olympic Sixes rules. If anything, its a test drive to see what kinks need worked out before 2028 when lacrosse will be at the Olympics

It's more about when its happening to me. 

That said, I didn't even think of this. Good call and thanks for bringing it up. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 3 months later...
On 5/27/2023 at 2:55 PM, 4_tattoos said:

Looks like there's new helmets this season in PLL. Not a fan of them changing the Archers' blue helmets.

I'm glad there wasn't a lot of wholesale change this season. I do like the mohawk stripe for the archers but the A on the side is weak, I agree. 

The 'Dogs script on the side of helmet is nice. Now I hope they don't ruin the Chaos' uniforms. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

New PLL Uniforms

Redwoods

Chas red

Chaos white

Waterdogs have replaced their light purples with white

Waterdogs will have a third. Appears to be black

Yoof. Overall, very underwhelming and bad. 

The teams with new fonts feel goofy, mostly the Archers and Chrome. 

The Whipsnakes went from top of the league to below last. 

I'm disappointed that Chaos' jerseys got a lot less chaotic. 

• Like 2

AmPJ0Ty.png 

My thoughts...

• Archers: In 2019 the Archers had the best uniform in the league whenever they wore the old blue helmets. Now, not so much. The old blue helmets were the best in the entire league up to this point. Changing the side decal from the old arrow to primary arrowhead A logo was a mistake. I've been wanting them to bring back white jerseys, but the old ones from the first season. Now I'm missing the blue jerseys. The shade of orange they use for the jerseys is hard to look at for too long. It looks like the new jerseys are based off the Championship Series unis. I much prefer the old number font. 👎🏾👎🏾
  • Cannons: I actually like these. Pretty sure in a previous post I mentioned the idea of each PLL team having a traditional style jersey. It makes since for the cannons to go the traditional route seeing how they originated in MLL. 👍🏾
  • Atlas: Don't dislike these. They've had a consistent look in PLL since the debut, excluding the championship series. Not bad. 👍🏾
  • Whipsnakes: Major downgrade! Not feeling the change to teal being the primary color. The reds were way better. The championship series whites were way better. Even the change to white facemasks on the teal helmets from dark green (possibly black) was a downgrade. I understand this league has two other original teams that wear red and dark green respectively, but the Whips should not have made this change. Not a fan of this new look at all. 👎🏾👎🏾
  • Chrome: Not bad. Would have preferred for the numbers on the white jerseys to be black instead of light blue. The Whipsnake and Atlas' white jerseys both have very similar color. 👍🏾
  • Waterdogs: Not bad. Changing their light jersey color from that lilac/light purple to white was an upgrade. 👍🏾
  • Chaos: Pretty darn good. Seems like they've taken advantage of the Whipsnakes demoting red to an accent color by switching to full red jerseys after having half red/half black for a while. Not huge on sublimated patterns on jerseys, but this helps them maintain somewhat of the wild look of their previous uniforms. Their red/white/red combo may be my favorite in the entire league now. 👍🏾
  • Redwoods: Pretty good. I like that they've maintained the vertical stripes in their identity. They've improved their jersey numbers by getting rid of the outline they've previous used. Number font still could use an upgrade, but overall this is solid. 👍🏾

Overall I like most of the new uniforms, however my two favorite identities in the league with the Archers and Whipsnakes both got hit badly by the ugly stick smh. I do like that every team has a white jersey again though.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Cannons

Atlas

It would have been a little better if each team got it's own design, like the AFL does for their indigenous week games. Credit to them for acknowledging the role of Native Americans in the game.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 5 weeks later...