Professional Lacrosse Changes

Jer15

So I somehow completely missed the news earlier this year that the Rock have moved to Hamilton, but they've just released a Ti-Cats/Bulldogs themed 3rd jersey:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This seems like they're doing everything they can to attract Hamilton fans, except you know, actually calling the team 'Hamilton'. And with there being a decent amount of overlap in the Argos/Rock fanbase, I can't imagine the GTA fans are thrilled about this.

They really should have just called them the Ontario Rock.

This "playing in Hamilton yet still calling ourselves Toronto" thing still feels as silly as the day I first heard of it.  The Ontario Rock wearing a Bulldogs/Ti-Cats mashup would feel a lot less absurd than the Toronto Rock doing so.  It'd be like the Blackhawks wearing a Brewers themed one-off.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 4 months later...

I assume that’s the colours. Their website is predominantly black and white as is their twitter and they posted this:

I don’t like any of this. The name. The bland colours. The clip art feeling logo. 

Disappointing. 

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

41 minutes ago, Jer15 said:

I assume that’s the colours. Their website is predominantly black and white as is their twitter and they posted this:

I don’t like any of this. The name. The bland colours. The clip art feeling logo. 

Disappointing. 

I'm going with the place is the land of the Dice, white and black....... yes i realise there are dice with other colours but it's been that way since the first apple got eaten.

I like it all, i was a bit annoyed when the Black Wolves left, but this will fill now fill the void.

Don't be to disapointed as this is LV and i can see them have a clash or away uniform that will light up the Black Night Sky.

Desert Dogs sounds fun

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Well this confirms it. 

No thanks. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

1 hour ago, Jer15 said:

Well this confirms it. 

No thanks. 

You can't blame them after the Raiders came to town it seems as though everyone wants to jump on the Black, Silver and White bandwagon.

Most of the current LV clubs whether pro or semi pro have either Black, white or Silver in their logos.

Think you'll find that as i posted before they will have a coloured alt.

16 minutes ago, tigers said:

You can't blame them after the Raiders came to town it seems as though everyone wants to jump on the Black, Silver and White bandwagon.

Most of the current LV clubs whether pro or semi pro have either Black, white or Silver in their logos.

Think you'll find that as i posted before they will have a coloured alt.

I still don’t like it. 

A coloured alt isn’t  going to change the name or the weak logo. 

2 hours ago, Jer15 said:

I still don’t like it. 

A coloured alt isn’t  going to change the name or the weak logo. 

That's perfectly fine as everyone has their own tastes and some semblance i do agree with you, but i do like a good minimalist logo.

I'm waiting for the, THEY COPIED KACHINA LOGO huf n puf

7 hours ago, tigers said:

I'm waiting for the, THEY COPIED KACHINA LOGO huf n puf

I think you just ended the wait lol

• Like 1

So let's count all of the teams that wear black as its base color.

Philadelphia

Vancouver

Calgary

Panther City

Las Vegas

Then add in the ones that have a decent amount of black in their scheme.

Buffalo

Rochester

Colorado 

Saskatchewan

60% of the teams have a considerable amount of black in its unforms. That is a lot.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JayMac said:

o let's count all of the teams that wear black as its base color.

Calgary

I can’t understand why Calgary changed. The red was so much better. 

• Like 3

On 4/27/2022 at 10:28 PM, Jer15 said:

I can’t understand why Calgary changed. The red was so much better. 

When the change was revealed, Ryan Popowich of CSEC (the marketing person who has been the face of the Flames jersey news in recent years) said, in not so many words on Twitter, that the red jerseys didn't look good against the new WestJet teal turf.  I don't doubt that it didn't look great, but I don't know if I like the colour of a sponsored turf being the reason for the jerseys to change. I also don't know if that was the only reason, but it appeared to have been a reason.

There's also the Air Canada conspiracy that I saw like one person make on Twitter when this change happened.

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

When the change was revealed, Ryan Popowich of CSEC (the marketing person who has been the face of the Flames jersey news in recent years) said, in not so many words on Twitter, that the red jerseys didn't look good against the new WestJet teal turf.  I don't doubt that it didn't look great, but I don't know if I like the colour of a sponsored turf being the reason for the jerseys to change. I also don't know if that was the only reason, but it appeared to have been a reason.

There's also the Air Canada conspiracy that I saw like one person make on Twitter when this change happened.

Interesting,  thanks for the insight.

That floor needs to go. I was watching the game tonight and I felt like the colour of my TV was off.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the PLL won't have any new uniforms this year. They've begun selling 2022 jerseys on their online shop and it's the same jerseys from last season with the Champion logo replacing Adidas. With their season starting in under a month I doubt they'll release anything new, but I could be wrong about that.

Premier Lacrosse League Official Shop – Premier Lacrosse League Shop

Champion Archers 2022 Player Replica Jersey Home - Youth – Premier Lacrosse  League Shop

Champion Atlas 2022 Player Replica Jersey (Away) – Premier Lacrosse League  Shop

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• 1 month later...