Professional Lacrosse Changes

Jer15

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I have no idea what league this team (Philadelphia Waterdogs) is in, but they're forming a "supporters club" and rolled out these jerseys:

Premier Lacrosse League (PLL). Those are the jerseys the team wore this past season. They unveiled new logos last month, so I guess the supporters club is adopting those if what you say is true 🤷🏾‍♂️

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Not for nothing (but it probably is), the Roughnecks have started using red as an accent colour on their website and social media graphics this season. Since the, sponsorship related, rebrand in 2021 they had been using the teal from the turf.

I'm not expecting the red to come back officially any time soon but it's an improvement over using the teal, even just on principle.

IbjBaeE.png

8 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Not for nothing (but it probably is), the Roughnecks have started using red as an accent colour on their website and social media graphics this season. Since the, sponsorship related, rebrand in 2021 they had been using the teal from the turf.

I'm not expecting the red to come back officially any time soon but it's an improvement over using the teal, even just on principle.

Agreed...save the cerulean tones for whenever Edmonton gets a team again.

(Weren't they supposed to get one the year after the Rush moved to Saskatchewan?)

bYhYmxh.png

2 hours ago, Burmy said:

Agreed...save the cerulean tones for whenever Edmonton gets a team again.

(Weren't they supposed to get one the year after the Rush moved to Saskatchewan?)

I didn't follow the league as much back then so I don't know about that. However, I don't think there's any interest in Edmonton because the Oilers essentially ran the Rush out of town. So it would be ill-fated, I would think, to have an Edmonton team that wasn't owned by the Oilers and they haven't appeared to want a lacrosse team. 

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

I didn't follow the league as much back then so I don't know about that. However, I don't think there's any interest in Edmonton because the Oilers essentially ran the Rush out of town. So it would be ill-fated, I would think, to have an Edmonton team that wasn't owned by the Oilers and they haven't appeared to want a lacrosse team. 

What a shame...Rogers Place would be a WONDERFUL lacrosse arena.

bYhYmxh.png

• 2 months later...

News out of New York today that the New York Riptide (NLL) will be moving to Ottawa next season, and will be known as the Black Bears. 

The logo is a bear holding a lacrosse stick emerging from an O. I would post it, but I'm in phone.

• Sad 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I will sorely miss the Riptide brand. It was the closest we ever got to the Islanders Fisherman actually existing long term, and proved that seafoam works with navy and orange.

• Like 3
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/it-s-official-riptide-to-become-the-ottawa-black-bears/62651

So the ownership isn't changing to the Senators but GE Sports & Entertainment will "maintain a strong working relationship with Senators Sports & Entertainment to help drive the team's success in the Ottawa-Gatineau market."

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 2/21/2024 at 10:42 AM, Dilbert said:

There seems to already be a Ottawa Black Bears team in Major League Quadball (aka Quidditch). Hmmm....🤔

OTTAWA-Primary.png

I don't think anything will happen. It would be like a similar situation here in Edmonton when the Eskimos changed to Elks. There is a rugby league team here called the Elks and I don't think they've changed their name.