Professional Lacrosse Changes

Jer15

12 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

The jersey numbers bother me. They need mesh holes in them to fit the theme.

I think most teams had the mesh holes in the jerseys, but some teams like Johns Hopkins and Princeton appear to have not had these, depending on the shirt. I wonder if they felt it just looks better on TV to not use the porthole designs.

Becket Wolf Inducted Into New Jersey Lacrosse Hall Of Fame - Princeton  University Athletics

NCAA Lacrosse on Twitter: "On this day in 1992, Terry Riordan of  @jhumenslacrosse began his #NCAALAX record 56-game goal scoring streak  (matching Tom Marechek) which lasted from March 7, 1992 to May

This doesn't appear to have the porthole mesh, but their away jerseys certainly did.

Syracuse vs. Johns Hopkins 1995 lacrosse - YouTube

As did another version of the white jerseys.

Team Members | teamtigerlax

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

These are really clever. This league's branding has been pretty great. I still have a hard time, though, taking a rooting interest in leagues that aren't structured around geographic locales. That's a "me" problem, I realize, but it leads to me forgetting this league exists.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

These are really clever. This league's branding has been pretty great. I still have a hard time, though, taking a rooting interest in leagues that aren't structured around geographic locales. That's a "me" problem, I realize, but it leads to me forgetting this league exists.  

The teams are being placed in cities/markets next season, but they will still have a touring model 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• 1 month later...

It fits with the NLL trend of poorly rendered front-facing animal logos with way too many lines across their faces (see also, Las Vegas Desert Dogs, Panther City Lacrosse Club)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Rush had to do something. Their old identity was extremely dated, it was terminally stuck in 2005. If someone back then had created an energy drink to sell at Nickelback concerts, the old Rush logo would have been absolutely perfect for it. Not so much anymore.

No question that the new logo is an overdone try-hard where every line has some sort of ridiculously contrived "symbolism" behind it, no doubt to justify all the billable hours that went into creating it. But it's still better than the old one.

• Like 1

I just keep seeing a Hop when I look at it, not a Bison. 

Looks like the Rock will get to play the whole season in Hamilton this year. 
https://torontorock.com/news/toronto-rock-will-play-upcoming-season-in-hamilton-from-start-to-finish/?fbclid=IwAR2GBFddeil_dKTiVXfhaNQ17UWsDq0yog0yn1W-lXCsQHMgkbvtcA7z6VY

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 9/13/2023 at 11:13 AM, monkeypower said:

I don't like it and I can't help but read the logo as "Ru *choke* sh".

This is driving me insane. Why would they split the team name in half like that?

It would be like a Miami HE [flaming ball] AT logo or Minnesota WI [bear head] LD.

Unless the logo/icon is a letter or the shape of a letter like the Spurs. There's no reason to use it as a read through. Especially when they could have easily just fit RUSH above the bison head. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...