2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, YelichGraphics said:

IDK if it's the colors that convinced me of this but the Rams to me just have some parallels to what the Sabres went through in the 2010s. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back the the classic set in future years.

kZ9pI3p.jpg

=

GmFI01D.jpg

---------------------------------------

dQsbB2s.jpg0Yz0Is4.jpg

=

RaLugC9.jpg

You, sir, are 10000000% correct.

Or so I hope.

fiowXOD.png

1 hour ago, redsoxbigpapi said:

Probably from Brady.

I don’t think it has anything to do with him.  I think it all started with the Super Bowl. They had just won twice in white/pewter and stuck with it, probably also because the Chiefs had already beaten them in red/pewter. The only game on their schedule this season where I think they would ordinarily have worn red instead of white was the season finale vs. Carolina. Then there was 2019 when the team only wore white for one home game all season. This team has been all over the place.

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Then there was 2019 when the team only wore white for one home game all season. This team has been all over the place.

And that one home game was against Arizona, probably something they agreed to do as part of the deal that allowed them to hire Bruce Arians away from Arizona in the first place (they still held his rights even though he had retired after 2017). I thought that was going to be an indication that Bruce had zero interest at all in "beat the heat in white" rhetoric. That we ended up in 2021 with the Bucs wearing red for only three of their eight home games, including white for a night game, a 4:30 kickoff in October, and a game in January, is completely without decent explanation, though in a vacuum I didn't mind wearing white against Dallas just so that we got to see a game with them wearing their criminally underused blue jerseys (speaking of really stupid and outdated customs...).

spacer.png

Do we have a potential Super Bowl uniforms matchups thread yet?

Here’s my top three and least fave options. 
NOTE: AFC is home team this year.

1. Buffalo vs Green Bay

2. Cincinnati vs Dallas

3. Las Vegas vs Green Bay

No, absolutely NOOOOOO game:

New England Monochrome vs LA filthy bone

11 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

And that one home game was against Arizona, probably something they agreed to do as part of the deal that allowed them to hire Bruce Arians away from Arizona in the first place (they still held his rights even though he had retired after 2017). I thought that was going to be an indication that Bruce had zero interest at all in "beat the heat in white" rhetoric. That we ended up in 2021 with the Bucs wearing red for only three of their eight home games, including white for a night game, a 4:30 kickoff in October, and a game in January, is completely without decent explanation, though in a vacuum I didn't mind wearing white against Dallas just so that we got to see a game with them wearing their criminally underused blue jerseys (speaking of really stupid and outdated customs...).

We can all agree the Week 18 Panthers game was a head scratcher. I wouldn't read too much into the Cowboy or Bears games though. Tampa has forced Dallas into navy before as late as Week 10 in 2015. This was after they had worn red at home the previous week too. Plus they won the Super Bowl in white in their stadium, so it kind of made sense for the occasion. Regarding the Week 7 4:25 game vs. Chicago, they wore WAH the season before that for a Week 6 4:25 game vs. Green Bay. I think they generally only wear red before November for night games, but the Cowboys game was a rare exception. 

I agree though that I really got my hopes up after 2019. I'm tired of missing out on potential nice-looking games involving the Bucs in red. This coming season, for instance, we could potentially get Baltimore in white/purple at Tampa in red/pewter, but we pretty much need the stars to align. It's gotta be late in the season or in primetime, and we need to avoid the pewter alternate and the Ravens in black or white pants.

17 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

And that one home game was against Arizona, probably something they agreed to do as part of the deal that allowed them to hire Bruce Arians away from Arizona in the first place (they still held his rights even though he had retired after 2017). I thought that was going to be an indication that Bruce had zero interest at all in "beat the heat in white" rhetoric. .

That's interesting, if true.

5 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

We can all agree the Week 18 Panthers game was a head scratcher. I wouldn't read too much into the Cowboy or Bears games though. Tampa has forced Dallas into navy before as late as Week 10 in 2015. This was after they had worn red at home the previous week too.

TB has worn white at home in week 10 of 2016 against CHI as well. Then there was 2018 where they did WAH until week 12 against SF. Other years the pattern is usual expected routine.  You're right, TB (Tampa Bay, not Tom Brady) is all over the place with it.

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

What a joke. Can the Eagles please win and end this madness? 

Yet if (and probably when) the Cowboys do it, no one bats an eye.

The choice isn’t my preference, but winning is more important that what’s worn on field.  

3 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Yet if (and probably when) the Cowboys do it, no one bats an eye.

The choice isn’t my preference, but winning is more important that what’s worn on field.  

Don’t mind him he just hates WAH despite it being a thing for decades.

On 1/12/2022 at 2:35 PM, YelichGraphics said:

IDK if it's the colors that convinced me of this but the Rams to me just have some parallels to what the Sabres went through in the 2010s. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back the the classic set in future years.

kZ9pI3p.jpg

=

jjNEZgf_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

jjNEZgf_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

power-rangers-power-rangers-zeo.gif

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As dark as their current "pewter" pants are, they do look better in the white jerseys, which is a shame, because their original red over pewter look was great.  The current pants are simply too dark and flat.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived