Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Hagerstown is joining next year. The Atlantic League needed a filler team to even out the schedule. Both teams are different ownership. Frederick is owned by the same ownership of the Frederick Keys in the MLB Draft League. They are just a filler team for the Atlantic League and give more dates to Frederick, who still wants to come back up to the MILB level.

Signature intentionally left blank

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

So, is Frederick a totally separate entity and not moving to Hagerstown? Or are these the names for the eventual move to Hagerstown?

Spoke to the person who runs their FB page. This isn’t a one off. They’re sticking around and Hagerstown is its own entity. Hagerstown revealed its name finalists (my last post, last page). 

Texas.gif

2 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Hagerstown is joining next year. The Atlantic League needed a filler team to even out the schedule. Both teams are different ownership. Frederick is owned by the same ownership of the Frederick Keys in the MLB Draft League. They are just a filler team for the Atlantic League and give more dates to Frederick, who still wants to come back up to the MILB level.

Would’ve loved if Pittsburgh picked up Frederick in the whole MiLB shuffle. Could’ve reworked the identity to be treasure keys to be in-line with the parent club.

I believe some reasoning behind Baltimore not keep Frederick was due to “ease of travel” which is completely bogus when you realize Frederick is 40-45 minutes away from Baltimore compared to retained Delmarva which is roughly 2.5 hours away.

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Would’ve loved if Pittsburgh picked up Frederick in the whole MiLB shuffle. Could’ve reworked the identity to be treasure keys to be in-line with the parent club.

I believe some reasoning behind Baltimore not keep Frederick was due to “ease of travel” which is completely bogus when you realize Frederick is 40-45 minutes away from Baltimore compared to retained Delmarva which is roughly 2.5 hours away.

Think holding on to Delmarva is more important when they have Philly and Washington to contend with nearby. Meanwhile, western Maryland is either already lost to Pittsburgh or ardently 'anti DC' and sticking with Orioles anyways through state allegiance.

The Orioles dumped Frederick because  Harry Grove Stadium was actually the oldest of their minor league stadium. When MLB took over MILB with the new minor league stadium standards, Frederick would've needed the most work done than the other ballparks to bring it up to the new standards. Frederick wants to return to MILB but they gotta bring the stadium up to the new standards

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank

15 hours ago, Dilbert said:

The Orioles dumped Frederick because  Harry Grove Stadium was actually the oldest of their minor league stadium. When MLB took over MILB with the new minor league stadium standards, Frederick would've needed the most work done than the other ballparks to bring it up to the new standards. Frederick wants to return to MILB but they gotta bring the stadium up to the new standards

About 4 years ago, a friend and I were at a game. We spoke with some stadium/team personnel (not food vendors) who said there were rumblings of renovations, but it was unclear what those were intended to be and when they were to take place. Just word-of-mouth stuff.

Everything leading up to this unveiling has had an aura of "Good God, do less" about it. They did not heed that call.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Is Spire City really that prominently used within the Frederick area or is Brandoise just reaching for creativity again? I'm asking because I currently live about an hour away from there and have even visited the area on several occasions. Of all of these times, I have never seen a reference to the name.

4 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Is Spire City really that prominently used within the Frederick area or is Brandoise just reaching for creativity again? I'm asking because I currently live about an hour away from there and have even visited the area on several occasions. Of all of these times, I have never seen a reference to the name.

Not really sure, but I'm not a fan of city nicknames being used in place of more common locations. City, State, Valley, Bay, Lake, Region, etc. So many names are reused (I'll admit Spire City seems unique) that something like "Queen City Monarchs" would have you questioning where they're from.

Trash City Rocket Pandas has about as much meaning as their correct name.