Fantasy trade: Culpepper for Favre

CrookedThumb

OK, so my physics teacher (who is one of the coolest teachers on Earth) set up a fantasy football league, and the draft was today. Anyway, one of the players drafted Brett Favre, and now he doesn't want him. So he is asking anyone if they want to trade. I have Daunte Culpepper. Would it be worth to give up Daunte Culpepper for Brett Favre?

EDIT: I know that there is a fantasy forum, but I thought that forum was for a certain CCSLC league, and not for fantasy sports in general.

It depends how the league scoring system works. If the system favors running backs, you might want to take Culpepper because he's faster and has the opportunity to get bigger runs. Favre has the edge if the scoring favors quarterbacks, where he has the most accurate arm in the game. Then again, Culpepper has Randy Moss to throw to, which is a big plus. The Packers' receivers aren't too shabby, but with Ahman Green becoming the center of the Pack offense as Favre gets older and Green gets more awesome, I think I might take Culpepper over Favre. Brett's amazing, but he might not work out the best depending on your fantasy scoring.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I wouldn't make that trade. Remember, Culpepper has Randy Moss to throw to - and he's a lot more mobile than Favre.

Of course, it might help more if we had some idea of what kind of scoring system your league has, as it might help to take that into account as well.

[EDIT: Shmee beat me to it.]

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Everywhere I've been reading, Culpepper getting the edge for top fantasy QB coming into this year.

I hope not. I'm banking on McNair to MVP it up again as the runner-passer of the year. ^_^

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I'm not sure what I'd do in this situation. I think I'd go with Favre because Culpepper hasn't shown me much as a fantasy player even though he has Moss.

I'd want McNair though, but I have him so it doesn't matter.

I have Culpepper in one of my leagues, but I've also got McNabb and T.Green, so I dunno. I usually go with my favorites instead of the best and I usually win.

For anyone that wants to know here are some sleepers:

Chris Brown, RB, TEN

Tatum Bell, RB, DEN

Darius Watts, WR, DEN

Denver Broncos, DEF

Jake Plummer, QB, DEN

Larry Fitzgerald, WR, ARI

Tai Streets, WR, DET

I can't really see Tatum Bell or (especially) the Broncos defense being on the list for these reasons -- I can't really see Bell splitting carries or even getting a lot with Quentin Griffin and considering the Broncos Defense hovered around top 5 in the NFL all last year, with their additions, I can't really say that people are expecting them to have a bad year.

IUe6Hvh.png

If we was offering Farve AND Harrison for Culpepper, i'd still keep Culpepper.. this is a no-brainer do NOT trade time.

Gosh, skater.. happen to be a dever fan at all?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'm a pretty big Favre fan. However I would not do that trade. I've read in more than one place that Culpepper is the #1 Fantasy QB. Here is what Grogan's Fantasy Football (I got a cheat sheet from someone I knows that came from the site. He told me that he has used this site for a couple of years and has always put together good teams.) says about him: "Running ablity + Moss make him the best".

While we're on the subject of fantasy football, could someone please evaluate my team? I'm confident with my selections, but I was the second-to-last pick for half of the draft, including the firts round. So I didn't get most of what I wanted.

QB: Daunte Culpepper, Drew Bledsoe

RB: Stephen Davis, Curtis Martin, William Green, Garrison Hearst*

WR: Andre Johnson, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Troy Brown

TE: Todd Heap, Jim Kleinsasser

K: Sebastian Janikowski, Joe Nedney

DEF: Carolina, San Francisco

*I'm dropping Garrison Hearst and adding Kevin Jones, but that's just pending right now.

Well honestly I would hate to have that team, but that's because I'm a big "homer" and go for Titans, Broncos and Saints.

Here is my best Yahoo fantasy team (1st pick, * Team league)

QB's: Trent Green, Steve McNair

RB's: LaDainian Tomlinson, Stephen Davis, Duece McAllister

WR's: Derrick Mason, Joe Horn, Chad Johnson, Heins Ward, Larry Fitzgerald

TE's: Tony Gonzalez, Kellen Winslow II

K's: Mike Vanderjagt, Jason Elam

DEF's: New England Patriots, Denver Broncos

If we was offering Farve AND Harrison for Culpepper, i'd still keep Culpepper.. this is a no-brainer do NOT trade time.

wha??

ok, seriously. It only depends on how your league works. Ole man Brett still did lead the league in TD passes last year remember.....with a....broken thumb for nine weeks of it. Credit where credit is due please.

But he tends to throw picks........if your league penalizes for that....perhaps look out. ON the flip side Culpepper fumbles a lot.....so you do the math.

Daunte has Moss.......true. Favre has 3 guys who are starting to come into their own and he doesn't care which he targets.......IMO even more dangerous that way. But as stated, Ahman is the focus now and will take 12-20 TDs away from the passing game.

If you want to make this trade, make the guy pay. He's the one initiating it........get Favre + something, or don't make the trade.

I'm not one to hold onto guys until they are dinosaurs just cause I like them...ala Emmitt, but with the passing emphasis this year, there will be lots of productive QBs and Brett totally still is one.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

ok, seriously. It only depends on how your league works. Ole man Brett still did lead the league in TD passes last year remember.....with a....broken thumb for nine weeks of it. Credit where credit is due please.

Testify brother Packer fan :D

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Archived