NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

24 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Really? Only a 3rd for him? 

Trying to clear salary space, so they're taking what they can get. They also need to save cash for draft picks too so that probably plays a role. 

47 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So umm...who does Kyle Pitts catch passes from now if this trade goes through?  

Jameis Winston or Baker Mayfield, then? Felipe Franks is the only QB on the roster right now. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Trying to clear salary space, so they're taking what they can get. They also need to save cash for draft picks too so that probably plays a role. 

Jameis Winston or Baker Mayfield, then? Felipe Franks is the only QB on the roster right now. 

Not Winston

Soooo what's even left for Baker Mayfield? Seattle? Carolina?

And based on the "research" they clearly did prior to the desperate Watson trade,  going to assume Clevelands get a 2nd rounder *at best* for Baker.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

Is Baker better than Sam Darnold? I'm not convinced.

Baker might end up in Seattle for next to nothing. Which is good, because he'll be competing for that job with Drew Lock of all people.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

And based on the "research" they did prior to the desperate Watson trade,  going to assume Clevelands get a 2nd rounder *at best* for Baker.

Nah.

Seahawks and Panthers both have decent cap space and could shed a conditional pick to acquire Mayfield.  Falcons appear to be talking to Marcus Mariota's people.

Jimmy G is still out there, but I don't think SF's in any hurry to deal him away.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just now, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Baker might end up in Seattle for next to nothing. Which is good, because he'll be competing for that job with Drew Lock of all people.

I honestly feel Seattle wants to roll with Lock to start the year, after drafting his successor (Pickett?) who will eventually replace him mid-season when the time is right

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, Cujo said:

I honestly feel Seattle wants to roll with Lock to start the year, after drafting his successor (Pickett?) who will eventually replace him mid-season when the time is right

And you can't blame them for that either. That's what they did with Russ and Matt Flynn.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, DG_ThenNowForever said:

And you can't blame them for that either. That's what they did with Russ and Matt Flynn.

Right. And the draft did them well last time they were after a QB.

This was probably Seattle's plan to begin with when they traded Russell Wilson -- stockpile some picks and bring in their future QB via the draft. I don't think Baker sways them to derail that plan.

6uXNWAo.png

9 minutes ago, Cujo said:

They could or they could  "Suck for Stroud" or go "Yahoo for Young" by going with Lock and Geno Smith for the season.  

Maybe Baker goes the Trubisky route and backs up Josh Allen for the season. Worked out pretty well for Mitch, and Baker probably needs to watch someone do it who's better than he is for a while.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Maybe Baker goes the Trubisky route and backs up Josh Allen for the season. Worked out pretty well for Mitch, and Baker probably needs to watch someone do it who's better than he is for a while.

I can't see Buffalo trading that kind of draft capital for a backup QB

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Sam Darnold hasn't done anything that's gotten his teams within a whiff of the playoffs. Mayfield's at least done that.  As many QB's Carolina went through last year, they may as well roll the dice again. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

He's 36 years old, man.  3rd is pretty good return for a guy his age who hasn't won anything in awhile.

"in a while"?  How about "ever".

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

And based on the "research" they clearly did prior to the desperate Watson trade,  going to assume Clevelands get a 2nd rounder *at best* for Baker.

If I'm Seattle or Carolina, I don't want Baker.  He still thinks he's a star, and if you don't think he's your long-term answer, then it's not worth bringing him in just to maybe win an extra game this season.  

34 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

If he can truly acknowledge that he's the backup and not cause any problems, then this is the best route for him to get another starting job somewhere.   I wouldn't blame him for not seeing it that way, but if he can shut his mouth and accept the realities of his career right now, he could turn this into a good thing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Sam Darnold hasn't done anything that's gotten his teams within a whiff of the playoffs. Mayfield's at least done that.  As many QB's Carolina went through last year, they may as well roll the dice again. 

This is exactly why I don't want us trading for him - we need to stop trying to get failed stars to be our long-term answer and make a play for a young QB they we draft to be our franchise guy. Not sure if that will be this year or next year. If it's not Willis, I hope it's next year.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt