NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

21 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Maybe Winston.  Mariota was replaced by Tannehill so they won't bring him back.    Fitzpatrick played for them in 2013 and wasn't great.

I wouldn’t look at his play from almost a decade ago and say it’s a factor. There is probably not one person other than the owner who is still on the team from then. And she probably doesn’t remember that time either.

Bengals signed Alex Cappa from the Bucs, Ted Karras from the Patriots, and now La'el Collins from the Cowboys to protect Joe Burrow. Couldn't not do anything for the o-line for the third straight and hope the guys already in the room would just magically figure it out. Amazing that they almost won a dang ass Super Bowl with the worst o-line in football. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Good news for the Bengals is that they fixed their offensive line.  The only thing that kept them from winning a super bowl. 

Bad News, They have to deal with a healthy Ravens team Oh and Deshaun Watson in their division now. 

I'd love to see the Bengals make it back, but I feel like that was their best chance. 

• Like 1

I don't know why teams bother like what the Browns just did there. Nobody who made up their mind that Watson shouldn't be in the league is going to read a press release and say "well, you actually made a lot of really good points, now that you put it that way, I guess I can see where you're coming from." They're just going to get even angrier about the racial valence of applauding a black guy for being "humble and sincere." The Browns even would have been better off just saying "he's better than Baker Mayfield, ope, that's the NFL" and letting the chips fall where they may. 

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

43 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Added translation: “he also didn’t touch any white women of notable wealth, so we don’t care.”

Haslam, Berry and Stefanski joint statement: " We've concluded Deshaun Waston has done nothing with our wives or daughters. INNOCENT! Here's $230M guaranteed. Welcome to Cleveland."

6uXNWAo.png

He's almost certainly going to be suspended, but I'd be surprised if after arbitration, it's more than 4 games.  He'll pay some or all of the women some amount that's smaller than what anyone thinks.  If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I really don't think this is going to result in anything nearly as significant as what people are saying.  Sitting out the year actually helped him a lot, because while people still remember it, so much has happened in sports and in the world since this was front-page news that I really don't think that many people actually care anymore.  I think they care more about making sure people know that they care than they actually care.

The Browns could have put some language in there that said that "we have a zero-tolerance policy for off-the-field tuff, and Watson has assured us that he's dedicated to being an upstanding member of our community, and he will be held accountable for his actions while he's a Brown."  No of course, there is obviously no such thing as a zero-tolerance policy if you're a good player (that spineless coach in TB proved that), but you can say it and then just BS your way out of it when you get called out.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, BBTV said:

He's almost certainly going to be suspended, but I'd be surprised if after arbitration, it's more than 4 games. 

Big Ben took 6 games without a trial or conviction. And this was to far less women. And before the NFL got tougher on these types of punishments.

If I had to guess: Goodell gives Waston one whole year. Gets appealed, and he eventually serves 12 games on the sidelines.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

That sounds about right. I think it's going to be some negotiation down from a full season. Union has to look like it's looking out for its members, and the league doesn't really want a superstar out for two years in a row.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

18 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

If Antonio Brown can keep fooling teams into giving him another shot, I don't see why Watson can't. 

Did Antonio Brown sexually assault 22 women?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags