On 2/28/2022 at 3:15 PM, TrueNorth13 said:

Calgary Flames

I think a majority of people and Flames fans would say their current uniform set is the best they've had. Me, personally, the horse head logo has and will always be my favourite logo they've ever had. It fits with the stampede theme of Calgary, and still connects to the name 'Flames'. When they introduced the reverse retro last season, it was easily the best uniform they've ever worn, in my opinion. In the previous era of uniforms, the style they went with made the black addition on the uniform look pretty bad. So when they unveiled the new uniforms, it was an immediate upgrade. I don't think that they needed to remove black for it to be an upgrade. I guess if you aren't a fan of the horse logo, you may not agree with me whatsoever, but this is my ideal look for the Flames. Based on the reverse retro uniforms with an added white stripe on the home, and a matching uniform for the road. I also did bring back the shoulder logo, I think it's quite a solid shoulder logo. Especially with the return of black into the set.

spacer.png

I could've gone the easy route with the alternate, and just used the Flames current home red uniform, but I thought since I added black back in, I might as well dive back into the uniform history and go with this classic. Cleaned up. I think it looks pretty solid. For the city uniform, Calgary's flag makes for a perfect fit. They essentially have their own hockey logo built into the flag. While I was making it, it somewhat reminded me of Denmark's uniform, but for a special jersey, I didn't think that would matter too much. It's simple enough to fit on a uniform, but still recognizable as to what it would stand for, at least to Calgarians. 

spacer.png

Any C&C is appreciated!

As a Flames fan--I never liked the Blasty logo--and primarily because it's a bald horse.

If it had  proper flaming mane--maybe.

How about trying something with that?

the City one I do like--the flag is indeed useful for uniforms--and years ago I used it for a Calgary Baseball team concept.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

On 5/28/2022 at 8:19 PM, TrueNorth13 said:

You've come at the right time! A little spoiler though, I didn't end up doing too much with them, they're pretty much ideal already.

Vegas Golden Knights

There aren't too many big changes for Vegas like I've done for other teams. Like Seattle, they're still fairly new, and really hit it out of the park with their branding, even thought I'm definitely not a fan of them lol. 3 main things I did do was change the colour of the home uniform, remove the grey almost completely (it still exists on the logo) and add some textured gold to the logo. Personally I think the whole uniform with that detail is almost too much, but just on the logo fits well. I changed the home uniform to gold because they're called the Golden Knights. I never understood why they didn't go this direction from the start. It just makes sense. It appears they may go gold for home next year, but I don't know if that was confirmed. There is also a new shoulder patch that I tweaked from what I think was a logo concept Vegas played around with before they announced their branding. I think it came from an Icethetics video, it was awhile ago that I saw it, so I'm not sure where I saw it, but it was definitely based on an unused logo.

spacer.png

Again, not many big changes to the alternate. I simply used the reverse retro design for the alternate, replacing the grey stripe with a white stripe. I think Vegas really hit it out of the park with the red uniform, and it seemed popular.

For the city uniform, I wanted to make it seem very Vegas without going overboard. It's maybe more simple than I was initially thinking, but I didn't want to overdo anything, and I think adding gambling ties might be frowned upon by the NHL. It highlights the shoulder patch logo on the front of the uniform, a black base to represent the night life in Vegas, the city sign with the number on the arms, and some neon light-esque striping on the waist. I think the rest of the set is already so Vegas, that the city uniform builds upon that base, but doesn't overdo it. Maybe they can add real flashing led lights onto the uniform someday, but for now, this is my ideal look for the Golden Knights.

spacer.png

Love the change to gold as the primary jersey and the adjustment to last year's reverse retro! I would personally prefer something more over the top for a city jersey but it's still a very nice alt, I love the Vegas sign shape around the numbers on the sleeves. 

• Like 1

I jut saw your LA Kings concept/rebrand. As a Kings fan, you are right. I wish we had those home and away looks. Not sure how I feel about the City edition, there are things I like and do not like, but I agree that the LA flag should not be adapted into the jersey

• Like 1

I am back! Been awhile since I've updated, work has been pretty busy, and I got pretty stumped with Washington. But I have figured it out.

Washington Capitals

A pretty easy fix to Washington's home and road uniform. I think they have easily the worst home/road set in the league. In my ideal world, the Weagle would see more use, and the old style uniform will work perfectly to make the set one of the best in the league. I usually don't like going for straight up throwbacks, but this is my exception. 

spacer.png

For the alternate, I went with a design similar to the reverse retro and uniform from the late 90's. I didn't add the script to the waist stripe, it just complicates the design IMO. I also added some bronze to the striping.

The City uniform uses the very popular cherry blossom theme. I think it's popular, the Nationals uniforms sold pretty well. I think a pink uniform in the NHL would be perfect, unique, and special to Washington. I used the W logo, a slightly altered version of it, and added some cherry blossoms to the arm striping. A pretty simple design, but I think it represents Washington without diving into the politics of the city. From someone who is not from Washington or America lol. But I like it.

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• TrueNorth13 changed the title to My Ideal NHL - Washington Capitals (31/32)

The final team in the redesign, but I think I might go for some of my ideal scenarios for various NHL events. Until then though, we have the last team in the league, and my hometown team.

Winnipeg Jets

I went with a modern classic here. The old style colours that I think most Jets fans would love, but I stuck with the current uniform template. I didn't want to go full retro uniform like they did with their heritage uniforms, and I do like what Winnipeg did when they unveiled this style in 2011. I think this is the perfect compromise between keeping the new branding and bringing in what basically every Jets fan wants with the old logo.

spacer.png

For the alternate, I went with the style the Jets chose for their reverse retro uniform, but with actual colour this time, and utilizing the current primary logo. It really is a nice looking logo, so keeping it around for the alternate seemed like the smartest choice. Bringing back the aviator blue, which was one of my favourite jerseys personally, made the most sense, to really differentiate it from the home and road set.

The city uniform uses two main themes. The arm striping from the city flag, and the famous Winnipeg Whiteouts. I wanted to keep it simple, and as little colour as possible. I added some wheat to the bottom of the jersey, to really represent most of Manitoba, at least central to southern Manitoba, as I feel the Jets aren't just represented by Winnipeg, but by all of Manitoba, and maybe even parts of Saskatchewan. Farming is big on the prairies, so I figured adding some small detail for that would be worth doing.

spacer.png

• Like 7

• TrueNorth13 changed the title to My Ideal NHL - Winnipeg Jets (32/32)

I tend to prefer the current Jets logo/colors over the older ones, but this lovely combination keeps the old brand from feeling bland; one of the best concepts I've seen using the old logo! I like the little jet-only pants logo too :)

I guess my only complaint is that the two wordmarks, both present on the same jersey, are kinda at odds... What about, as a shoulder logo, putting the current logo in a retro style (sorta like this?)

Lastly, I'm kinda curious how a version of the white jersey with an aviator blue base would work.

Solid set for the Caps! The pink alt's blue/pink/white/red striping pattern is strange but not necessarily bad, and to at least to an outsider, every DC team could probably go for a blossom uniform :)

I love your take on the Tampa Gasparilla jersey; the bolt on the skull is really nice and the color balancing is well done. The gradient alt is also nice, though I'm curious if it'd look better with plain black between and underneath the hem stripes.

Can't decide whether the gradient stripe for Vancouver is great or terrible (would blue/white/green/white/blue work?), but otherwise an all-around gorgeous set! Love those two alternates.

The changes for Seattle are kinda lateral at best, but certainly a clever idea that's worth a try. Maybe having the tentacle between the medium blue and the red would be better (albeit less distinct.)

The alternates are quite close but not quite there. I agree with you about the Metros jersey nameplate, so I think you could just have the name in navy directly on the light blue striping, and I'd move the sleeve numbers down to be on a navy stripe.

As for the other, I love the idea of a green, emerald-themed Kraken jersey... I'd suggest a much thicker outline on the anchor logo, replacing all white with the lightest blue, and ditching the blue outlines on the stripes' gem triangles in favor of coloring them in slightly different shades of green.

Anyways, congrats on making it through the league! Good work here all around.