On 2/28/2022 at 3:15 PM, TrueNorth13 said:

Calgary Flames

spacer.png

Any C&C is appreciated!

The big C and the back jersey number on the Alternates should have a black outline between yellow and white. As for the City uniform, I wanna see a white surname text and the numbers outlined in white.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

The issue I have with these is that you could swap out Blasty for the flying skate logo and these would just be Canucks jerseys. 

My counter point would be that I based them off of the reverse retro Flames uniform. It is almost 100% the same uniform as the reverse retro. I also won't use the skate uniform for the Canucks in my ideal NHL world. I do see your point, but the 2 identities, the Flames and the Canucks use 2 completely different colour schemes.

6 hours ago, B-Rich said:

Similar to what Francis10 said about the Calgary design, those of us old enough to remember NHL hockey in the late 70s/very early 80s may find your city jersey logo very familiar:
1192_colorado_rockies-jersey-1977.png 631437bdb994df3818a30daaeff00bdb.jpg

NHL Colorado Rockies, 1976-82

Perhaps unknowingly, you've yet again created a neat throwback hearkening.

This is a uniform I knew about, just didn't think about when I was designing that uniform apparently haha. But once again, I've stumbled into a uniform that works as a throwback and city uniform in one. Hopefully I can do that a couple more times in this series.

Florida Panthers

I loved the new logos that Florida released with their newest redesign. Particularly the shoulder/arm logo, and the leaping cat logo. Not so much the shield logo. So in my ideal world, the leaping cat becomes the primary. I also loved the reverse retro the Panthers wore last season, it was one of my favourites in the league. The home and road are based on the reverse retro, but I kept the red for the home base colour. 

spacer.png

I've seen an alternate uniform similar to this in the past, and I loved the originality of it. I'm not sure who's design I first saw use the horizontal stripe panther logo, but I definitely took inspiration from that. Red for the numbers so they'll pop on the uniform.

And the city uniform. Seems like the pink/blue combo is something often thought up for teams in Florida. And the Panthers playing close to Miami, it is what I decided to go with. Mostly for the sunset vibe, as I've done with a few teams already. I maybe didn't go as neon as the Miami vice uniforms the Heat wear, but maybe that's for the best. The flag inspired Panthers logo was a no brainer to use for the city uniform.

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • WOAH 1

• TrueNorth13 changed the title to My Ideal NHL - Florida Panthers (13/32)

Los Angeles Kings

The LA Kings. I think I went with what probably most people wish the Kings would do. Bringing back the purple and gold. I think they call it forum blue, which I don't fully understand, it's purple. Anyway, I went with a classic logo, but modernized it. A new crown logo, the updated Kings word mark, and a cleaner san serif font for the Los Angeles. The LA from the stadium series uniform becomes the new shoulder logo. I think this works perfectly as a blend behind the past and the future. 

spacer.png

For the alternate, I returned to their current black, silver, and white look. I think it's a clean look, it's just a little bland for a full time home and road set for me. But as an alternate, it works. It features the new crown logo, and some textured shiny silver striping. It's essentially the current home uniform without the out of place piping down the arms and shoulders. 

I'm sure everyone first saw the City uniform. It stands out quite a bit. So let me break down some of my design choices here. The layout comes from the stadium series uniform, and the colours represent the beach, which LA is known for. From what I've heard at least haha. I also didn't want every city uniform to be based on a flag, and maybe for some to be a little more out there. The white outline on the shoulder yoke symbolizes a halo, to coincide with LA's nickname, the City of Angels. It's a bit more out there for a city uniform, but out there is sometimes what I'm going for.

spacer.png

• Like 8

• TrueNorth13 changed the title to My Ideal NHL - Los Angeles Kings (14/32)
On 3/14/2022 at 2:53 PM, TrueNorth13 said:

Florida Panthers

I loved the new logos that Florida released with their newest redesign. Particularly the shoulder/arm logo, and the leaping cat logo. Not so much the shield logo. So in my ideal world, the leaping cat becomes the primary. I also loved the reverse retro the Panthers wore last season, it was one of my favourites in the league. The home and road are based on the reverse retro, but I kept the red for the home base colour. 

spacer.png

I've seen an alternate uniform similar to this in the past, and I loved the originality of it. I'm not sure who's design I first saw use the horizontal stripe panther logo, but I definitely took inspiration from that. Red for the numbers so they'll pop on the uniform.

And the city uniform. Seems like the pink/blue combo is something often thought up for teams in Florida. And the Panthers playing close to Miami, it is what I decided to go with. Mostly for the sunset vibe, as I've done with a few teams already. I maybe didn't go as neon as the Miami vice uniforms the Heat wear, but maybe that's for the best. The flag inspired Panthers logo was a no brainer to use for the city uniform.

spacer.png

I'd prefer if the shoulders on the white were bare, but I'd still buy it either way. The red seems odd on the alt, but I've wanted everything else about it for so long. Good work!

On 3/19/2022 at 2:04 PM, TheHealthiestScratch said:

I'd prefer if the shoulders on the white were bare, but I'd still buy it either way. The red seems odd on the alt, but I've wanted everything else about it for so long. Good work!

Thank you! I added the red on the alternate just so the numbers would be easier to read. It stands out a bit more than the gold or white would on the horizontal striping.

Minnesota Wild

Not too much change for the home and road for Minnesota. The home stays the same, and the road now matches the home. I don't know if the NHL allows a non-white road jersey, but it's my ideal NHL, so they do now haha. I also created a new shoulder logo for them as well. I think the Wild might have one of the best logos in the NHL and this is coming from a Jets fan.

spacer.png

The alternate and city jersey both take ideas from the recent Winter Classic uniform. Mainly just the logo. The alternate features the MN state outline logo, as well as the striping pattern from the reverse retro/north stars uniform, but in current Minnesota colours.

The city uniform uses the state of hockey logo that was worn on the pants at the Winter Classic. I made the base colour blue because Minnesota is known as the Land of 10,000 Lakes. The jersey striping is based on the Minneapolis Millers uniforms from 1932 that I found on a Minnesota hockey history website. I also changed the red to light blue on the shoulder Wild logo.

spacer.png

• Like 12

• TrueNorth13 changed the title to My Ideal NHL - Minnesota Wild (15/32)

Montreal Canadiens

Montreal is another team with a solid home uniform and an away that I wished matched the home. So that is exactly what I've done. Now it's not all that creative because I think the Habs wore that version of a uniform at one point in the last 20 years, but I think it brings the set together better. Fits more into my Ideal NHL look.

spacer.png

For the alternate, I could've taken the super easy route and just went with the reverse retro design. And before the RR uniforms came out, I would've done that, but I wanted it to be different. So I've gone with a mixture of a retro and modern uniform. The logo is one of their classic logos, and specifically not the logo that makes them look like the Leafs. They paired this logo with a sash across the uniform, but that's a little too bold for me, so I went with the subtle sash across the front of the uniform, with some striping on the arms and waist. I think it still feels like the Habs, even with it being very different from any other uniform they've worn. 

The city uniform is once again based on the flag, the arm striping comes straight from it. I had to include the fleur de lis, and maybe it's too close to the Nordiques, which I did notice, but oh well. The Habs are Quebec's team, and the Nordiques don't exist currently, so it stays. The logo combines a version of the Montreal C, with the logo of Montreal.

spacer.png

C&C is always appreciated!

• Like 6

• TrueNorth13 changed the title to My Ideal NHL - Montreal Canadiens (16/32)

Nashville Predators

I haven't received much for comments with the last few teams, but I'd really love to hear about Nashville, I think it's one of my favourites. Not because I did some crazy new striping, but because of how the new primary logo turned out. I used the shoulder logo from the Preds Winter Classic uniform and updated it, added some white, some details from the current primary. I think the current Preds logo is fine, but once I saw that shoulder logo, I just loved that one more. I didn't really change the striping but I made it feel like there's more blue. I made the helmets blue like they should be. I think this new logo option just fits better. I'm biased but I love how this looks.

spacer.png

For the alternate I went with the obvious guitar pick logo and the 5 lines across for the music aspect. I think that pretty much describes that. The city jersey was easy and hard at the same time. Because I used a music aspect for the alternate, I didn't want to just copy it. I brought the piano keys to the waist, and altered the guitar pick logo to look like the neon lights down Broadway. I did a similar thing for the numbers. This has been my favourite team so far, but there is even better teams coming up, so stay tuned! And C&C is very much appreciated.  

(Updated the alternate and city. 6 stripes added for the alternate and the keys pattern was updated to look like the actual piano)

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

• TrueNorth13 changed the title to My Ideal NHL - Nashville Predators (17/32)
2 hours ago, TrueNorth13 said:

Nashville Predators

I haven't received much for comments with the last few teams, but I'd really love to hear about Nashville, I think it's one of my favourites. Not because I did some crazy new striping, but because of how the new primary logo turned out. I used the shoulder logo from the Preds Winter Classic uniform and updated it, added some white, some details from the current primary. I think the current Preds logo is fine, but once I saw that shoulder logo, I just loved that one more. I didn't really change the striping but I made it feel like there's more blue. I made the helmets blue like they should be. I think this new logo option just fits better. I'm biased but I love how this looks.

spacer.png

For the alternate I went with the obvious guitar pick logo and the 5 lines across for the music aspect. I think that pretty much describes that. The city jersey was easy and hard at the same time. Because I used a music aspect for the alternate, I didn't want to just copy it. I brought the piano keys to the waist, and altered the guitar pick logo to look like the neon lights down Broadway. I did a similar thing for the numbers. This has been my favourite team so far, but there is even better teams coming up, so stay tuned! And C&C is very much appreciated. 

spacer.png

That logo came out great good job

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

The home and away for Nashville look great. 

The alternate really needs one more stripe on the middle, especially as you've got 6 stripes on the numbers. The "keyboard" pattern on the waist of the city jersey looks weird as hell, actually making it a keyboard pattern (as on the inside of the collar of the other three jerseys) would be a huge improvement.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eegl75 said:

nashville looks great, especially the logo.  i would remove the piano stripe though or at least tone it down. it looks very ECHL

That would be for the city uniform, most of my city uniforms have been a little out of the box, but that's kind of what I'm going for. Something that represents the city, but doesn't really fit into the mould of the typical NHL uniform. The fact it looks ECHL kinda of falls into what I'm going for haha. It would be like what the NBA does with their city uniforms. A one season thing, and they can get crazy.

4 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

The home and away for Nashville look great. 

The alternate really needs one more stripe on the middle, especially as you've got 6 stripes on the numbers. The "keyboard" pattern on the waist of the city jersey looks weird as hell, actually making it a keyboard pattern (as on the inside of the collar of the other three jerseys) would be a huge improvement.

This is the first case I have gone back to implement changes based on a comment so far this series. Mostly because I messed up bad on that piano pattern lol. I completely forgot to make it look like an actual piano, so I fixed that. That was the plan, to make it look like a piano, I just work too fast sometimes. I also added in the 6 stripe idea, that does make a lot more sense. Thanks for pointing these things out!

• TrueNorth13 changed the title to My Ideal NHL - Nashville Predators (updated) (17/32)

Blue looks really good on that Wild barberpole jersey; definitely conveys the 10000 Lakes inspiration. I also enjoy the design of the red alternate, and the chest stripe works well on the road. The new shoulder logo is a good idea but I'm not crazy about the off-center sun, and the M is a bit too geometric to fit quite in either the modern or traditional aspects of the Wild's overall vibe.

I like that you're trying to unify eras on the Kings here, but I think if you're gonna go with the '00s/'10s wordmark in the Chevy logo, only the K should have motion lines because the kerning + letter width feel off as-is. I like your updated crown a lot; TBH I'd like to see it as the primary on the purple + yellow jerseys and leave the Chevy logo for the black alt. Only suggestion for it would be to incorporate the sun instead of the diamond on the center prong! 

The beach-themed alt is cool; definitely better than its IRL black/white/silver inspiration... though it does make me want to see the Ducks in that scheme instead :

Not sure if I'm sold on the white helmet, and I'm curious what color pants you're thinking for it, because I don't think black pants work for it at all. I guess maybe tan pants + blue helmet would be better, but IDK if that's ideal either?

Nashville does look pretty nice with the Stadium Series logo on it! I don't normally like double outlines, but I do think adding a blue outline on the numbers outside the white one would look nice on the home & away.

The neon style doesn't quite work for the numbers on the alt, though, since you're trying to fit it all inside the existing number. I thinking centering the neon stroke on the edges of the number and adding more blue outline outside would help, but TBH the neon styling doesn't quite fit with either the sleeve or hem striping. Thick blue / thin yellow / thin blue striping on the sleeves plus making the white key outlines & black keys yellow on a blue background would probably feel more consistent with the neon aesthetic; if that doesn't work, you might have to drop that styling or migrate it to the blue jersey.

Such a good idea to go with burgundy pants for the Avs; way better than blue pants and I liked the blue pants!

I like using the Rockies fauxback logo with Colorado flag colors but I don't like the asymmetry of the red & yellow stripes or their sudden appearance on the sleeves despite not being on the chest stripe. Maybe a consistent use of yellow/red/thick white/red/yellow would be better, especially with blue outlines for the numbers and logo.

Good call to straighten out the Stars logo for pairing with the big star jerseys. I like the flat D+ST★RS logo, but it doesn't pair with the beveled primary logo IMO, so maybe use the Texas outline logo instead and save it for the alts (which are quite nice!)

That Detroit alternate doesn't really read as relating to the city flag, so I'm not sure it works for me. I'd definitely ditch in favor of metallic gold; that'd give some Detroit City FC synergy which would be cool. Metallic gold text, logo, and numbers on a (slightly darkened) red chest stripe; I think that would read more as the lions. Then, above that red stripe, you could MAYBE do a thinner stripe made of diagonal red slashes or a single thin blue stripe with eleven stars on it (that one might look too tacky and/or vaguely USA to work, idk)

Anyways it's more nice work here, and I look forward to the next entries here!

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 3:50 PM, TrueNorth13 said:

Columbus Blue Jackets

This will definitely be a favourite of mine out of all the concepts in the series. I like Columbus' road uniform but was never too fond of the home, with the blue shoulder/arm striping matching the uniform. So I switched it out to white and made the red stripe thicker. Same on the road. The biggest change is the cannon logo being used as the primary logo. In my opinion its a much better logo. I also went with blue pants. I think that may be the biggest thing Blue Jackets fans might have a problem with, but I think the blue pants just work better. And there will be other blue, red, and white teams that use red pants in this series, so it helps differentiate from them as well.

spacer.png

The alternate is my favourite part about this set. It's red which doesn't technically make sense for the "Blue" Jackets, but for an alternate I think we can have a pass on that. I loved the neon green from the original logo, which I brought back for the alternate. Green never made sense for the home and road, but for an accent on the alternate, I think it works incredibly well. 

I spent a long time looking into ideas for the City jersey. A couple ideas later and I settled with a military jacket themed jersey, to tie in Columbus' military history. I used their current primary because of the Ohio state flag imagery in the logo, and I added a detail that will be worn on the alternate captain and captain's uniforms. A patch below the letter for the alternate captain and the captain.

I'd like to add this has been the best received uniform on twitter, where I also share these. I have gotten great responses from Blue Jackets fans, which makes them my favourite fan base in the series so far haha. 

spacer.png

C&C is always appreciated!

You knocked it outta the park on this one. The only request I'd make would be to see how the current font for the numbers would look on these. Otherwise, chefs kiss.

• Like 1

I think this entire series is a pretty solid one. I think you may be trending in the right direction with the last few, but my biggest gripe had been that for the most part, not every city has a recognizable flag to be represented as a jersey. I think Edmonton, Carolina, and Dallas were the biggest offenders. Chicago's works because people outside the city know what the flag looks like. I think concepts and ideas are, for better or worse, more in line with the NBA launch. I think you're on the right path with ones like Minnesota, Florida, and Arizona

Once again, you've done great so far and that's just a personal gripe to push this to the next level. I will be expecting a Tampa flag alternate for the Lightning however.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, raysox said:

I think this entire series is a pretty solid one. I think you may be trending in the right direction with the last few, but my biggest gripe had been that for the most part, not every city has a recognizable flag to be represented as a jersey. I think Edmonton, Carolina, and Dallas were the biggest offenders. Chicago's works because people outside the city know what the flag looks like. I think concepts and ideas are, for better or worse, more in line with the NBA launch. I think you're on the right path with ones like Minnesota, Florida, and Arizona

Once again, you've done great so far and that's just a personal gripe to push this to the next level. I will be expecting a Tampa flag alternate for the Lightning however.

I'd love to see the end result of a Lightning concept that combines the Tampa flag with this beauty. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 1:21 PM, scottyeagle said:

I'd love to see the end result of a Lightning concept that combines the Tampa flag with this beauty. 

spacer.png

I must ask, is this something Tampa fans would want? I'm not sure what to make of this lol, but it would present a creative challenge to take this on for a city uniform for the Lightning. Definitely something I could try to work into the uniform set for Tampa Bay😅