2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs new logo unveiled

Mr. Krabs

I think it was a good call to remove that shine effect on the words "Stanley Cup Final". The new logo makes the Cup the spolight of the logo even more. The simplified letters are what are usually used as wordmarks with most logos. IMO, they knocked it out the park.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I appreciate the effort, but they didn't nail it. I don't care for the clashing typefaces, which 

Stanley Cup Playoffs Logo Primary Logo (2005/06) - 2006 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Logo - Final: Carolina Hurricanes vs Edmonton Oilers SportsLogos.Net

Remember how hideous this was? 

The Carolina-Edmonton final was quite forgettable.  Still hilarious that they put 'Eastern' on the left side and 'Western' on the right.

• Like 2

I saw, I came, I left.

11 hours ago, DEAD! said:

The Carolina-Edmonton final was quite forgettable.  Still hilarious that they put 'Eastern' on the left side and 'Western' on the right.

lol what?

Carolina Edmonton is one of my favorite Finals in the last 20 years.....

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

I appreciate the effort, but they didn't nail it. I don't care for the clashing typefaces, which are too close for the kind of serif/sans-serif distinction that you need for two typefaces to work together. I don't care for the photorealistic rendering of the Cup. Still, leaguewide graphics have been garbage since 2005, so at least they recognized that.

Stanley Cup Playoffs Logo Primary Logo (2005/06) - 2006 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Logo - Final: Carolina Hurricanes vs Edmonton Oilers SportsLogos.Net

That's probably my favorite rendering of the cup that the league has ever used, but nothing else about that logo is worth saving. Still love that they put the East on the left and West on the right. The league had a lot going on at the time and prioritizing alphabetical order over the universally accepted practice that West = Left, East = Right is so very NHL. 

Plug Time! I was so put off by the hyper-real illustration of the cup on the new logo that I had to try it for myself: 

• Hurl 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

16 hours ago, the admiral said:

I appreciate the effort, but they didn't nail it. I don't care for the clashing typefaces, which are too close for the kind of serif/sans-serif distinction that you need for two typefaces to work together. I don't care for the photorealistic rendering of the Cup. Still, leaguewide graphics have been garbage since 2005, so at least they recognized that.

Hate me but this patch I thought was the best one, part in no way cause of reasons…

• Like 1

zyyMk1d.png

Quorum is really good. I love Avant Garde to death, but it doesn't fit the prestige of the Stanley Cup. More teams or leagues should use it for other stuff, though.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 4 months later...

Came across this thread searching for newer NHL fonts, and thought peeps might be interested in an edit I made to this logo after the Avs won. The blue and maroon backgrounds were done by the Avs Facebook page for their profile pic, but I thought the cup needed reflection of the colors to further customize it. So I nabbed a vector copy of this logo and adjusted it:
spacer.png

(Here's the original profile pic that I based it off):
spacer.png

As an aside, there's a full cup (including the bottom) iteration out there. If anyone has a lead they can point me to for a vector version of it that'd be grand! I normally get all my vector NHL logos directly from the HTML of the NHL website, but I've had no luck with this full cup version, and unfortunately it's actually cut off in the logo above, not just masked:
spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png