2022 International Soccer

MJWalker45

I thought about this about the Canadian squad over the last couple rounds of qualifying, and it's something that is hard to quantify, but they have a couple of veterans that the rest of the squad to galvanize around in Atiba Hutchinson and Milan Borjan, both in their 30s, but have seen how far the program has gone over their careers. 

I wonder if the USMNT has that one player that the rest of group can do the same. The US overall probably has the better talent than Canada (but I would not argue against that having Johnathan David  and Alphonso Davies helps negate that). However, I can't help but think there is something missing in their spirit/sense of urgency or whatever else that is.

Oh great, today's Canada-Jamaica game will be played under below 0C temps with 20mph winds... 😂

• Like 1

I saw, I came, I left.

13 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

I thought about this about the Canadian squad over the last couple rounds of qualifying, and it's something that is hard to quantify, but they have a couple of veterans that the rest of the squad to galvanize around in Atiba Hutchinson and Milan Borjan, both in their 30s, but have seen how far the program has gone over their careers. 

I wonder if the USMNT has that one player that the rest of group can do the same. The US overall probably has the better talent than Canada (but I would not argue against that having Johnathan David  and Alphonso Davies helps negate that). However, I can't help but think there is something missing in their spirit/sense of urgency or whatever else that is.

Oh great, today's Canada-Jamaica game will be played under below 0C temps with 20mph winds... 😂

No, you're totally right, I've thought about the same thing (and wonder if Gregggg has as well when he'd randomly call in Altidore or Bradley here and there). It's another consequence of that weird lost generation, not just missing out in 2018 but also losing much of the connection with the tough, overachieving USMNT squads of the 00s. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

If we just put away one of those sitters against México, this is a clinching night for us.

Either way, keep it up USMNT. Make that GD so big so Wednesday’s match doesn’t matter. 

EDIT: and this ref has been AWFUL so far. Can’t believe I’m saying this but thank god for VAR.

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

7 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

and this ref has been AWFUL so far.

CONCACAF referees are awful by default.

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

As of now, so long as the US doesn’t lose 6-0 or an equivalent goal difference come Wednesday, the US will go to the WC.

EDIT: Look at the Panamanian national team acting like poor sports at the end of the half. Utter trash. 

• Applause 1

Seeing Gio and Pulisic play off each other a little is exactly why I want Gio to play as the 10. 

It’ll unlock both players for USMNT.

EDIT: Pulisic with the casual hat-trick. That’s why he’s the best American footballer of all-time (until Reyna takes that moniker from him).

I think Morris was open to make it 6-0 but Busio made a poor decision.

Either way, 5-1 and with a 5-goal cushion is a nice place to be in advance of Wednesday. We're so close we can taste it.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Either way, 5-1 and with a 5-goal cushion is a nice place to be in advance of Wednesday. We're so close we can taste it.

The US hasn’t lost by 5 goals or more in a competitive match in decades. This is all but guaranteed now. Frustrating that it’s come to the last game again, but at least this time we don’t even need a result lmao. 

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Remarkably, had it been 6-0, the US would have had a better shot at the top spot in the qualifying table. 

• WOAH 1

I saw, I came, I left.

Gotta say, I think it’s awesome to see that the 3 teams who are leading the group and will qualify for the World Cup (Canada already has obviously) are the same 3 teams that will host the next World Cup. No one can say that Canada, US or México are undeserving of guaranteed spots for the next World Cup. 

Also this will probably be the last qualifying cycle where we see the US, México and now Canada facing each other. End of an era for sure

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The US hasn’t lost by 5 goals or more in a competitive match in decades. This is all but guaranteed now. Frustrating that it’s come to the last game again, but at least this time we don’t even need a result lmao. 

Fun fact: if the US forfeits, it would be considered a 3-0 win for Costa Rica and would result in the US qualifying.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Great to see the USMNT show up when it matters most -- Pulisic totally living up to his reputation and playing with real danger and toughness, this CB pairing really asserting themselves as the top choices, some comprehensive midfield work despite some guys missing. Really the only complaint I could point to was an uncharacteristically shaky night from Steffen, and the ref being bailed out by VAR.

Aside from the qualification, if the team can get out of Costa Rica with even a point, this will have been a very impressive set of games to close out the Octagonal for them. Nice to peak at the right time.

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers