2022 International Soccer

MJWalker45

Manchester United getting work done to shore up the back today. I'm liking how the squad is starting to look now 

US ladies and Australia were recast as Germany vs Austria 1982 and people are acting like this is the worst thing they could've done. US gets Netherlands who've set a tournament scoring record in only 3 games, smashing the US record set in 2016 by 5 goals. I guess we'll get the answer as to how good these two are on Thursday, with a game that's being played at a decent hour, compared to the times from last week and today. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Nice win for USMNT tonight, and who knew Qatar would be such a tough out?

Mexico/Canada should be great and either way, should be an A+ final. 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Canada/Mexico stopped in the 85th minute because some of Mexico's worst fans can't control themselves.

Terrible.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Canada/Mexico stopped in the 85th minute because some of Mexico's worst fans can't control themselves.

Terrible.

And then Mexico scores in the 9th minute of stoppage time to win it. Horse poop.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Qatar are the current Asian Cup holders... I was half-hoping they would win the Gold Cup just for laughs. 

I saw, I came, I left.

7 hours ago, officeglenn said:

And then Mexico scores in the 9th minute of stoppage time to win it. Horse poop.

Yeah, that sucked. It felt like Canada's attacking momentum was completely stopped and Mexico was rewarded for all of the chaos.

Ref was not good. That late in the game I feel like he should have just stopped it and went straight to OT.

10 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Terrible.

If Concacaf really cared, they'd stop this in the first half. If they let Mexico's ladies take the hit for one of those two behind closed door matches, I'll be disappointed, but i won't be surprised because that's the most Concacaf that Concacaf could ever Concacaf. 

12 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Gyasi Zardes does it again! Every time people question why he's on the squad he puts in a great game. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Really impressed that the US won this game. They were going up against an experienced and talented Mexican squad who had a mix of veteran first-team starters (from Europe no less) and younger backups (they were only missing a few of their normal starters) and still beat them with a young squad full of backups and players who won’t even make the WCQ roster. 

Really shows the depth we have in our pool now. The US is about to have the problem of having too many quality players to choose from. Crazy how much has changed since 2017. 

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• 1 month later...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58642558

Hungary ordered to play behind closed doors for two matches, one of those are suspended however.  They also have a two game ban from UEFA, with a third being suspended, because UEFA didn't transfer the ban for FIFA to take action on. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58642558

Hungary ordered to play behind closed doors for two matches, one of those are suspended however.  They also have a two game ban from UEFA, with a third being suspended, because UEFA didn't transfer the ban for FIFA to take action on. 

Not enough!  Just like CONCACAF's Mexico punishment!  

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/mexico-puto-chant-world-cup-qualifiers-without-fans-153948541.html

Mexico ordered to play two more games behind closed doors. 

Cool. Now do whatever the baseball stadium in Atlanta is called.