2022 International Soccer

MJWalker45

41 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Why did they bring a young guy in ice-cold for penalty kicks? Don't you have to lean on your proven guys in a moment like that? 

Southgate parked a bus for 85 minutes, not surprised to see him waste his time getting subs in. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Southgate parked a bus for 85 minutes, not surprised to see him waste his time getting subs in. 

Total coaching failure. The moment was just too big for England.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Italy had a bad track record in big 2010s tourneys

2010 WC- worst title defense by a reigning champ

Euro 2012- lost to Spain

2014 WC- failed to get out of a group that ironically had England

Euro 2016- lost to Germany on PK's

2018 WC- didn't even qualify

Meanwhile, in the States.. the Gold Cup is going on with Canada doing well to put the boots to Martinque while the Americans are struggling to put Haiti away.

So, what.. is the 'C' team we're putting out there for this tournament? They shouldn't be struggling to put Haiti away.

Pretty low attendance for the weekend's USMNT game and again for tonight.

Does anyone know if they're limiting seats? Or is this the typical $$$$ gouging from the USSF?

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don’t really care if the US wins the Gold Cup especially since this isn’t anything near our best team, BUT I was bored and had an opportunity to watch tonight’s game so I did. A couple of players really stood out to me.

Dike has a real opportunity to become the USMNT’s number 9. He needs some more technical development, but man all that dude does is just score goals. He puts away his chances and that’s what the US needs from a number 9 badly especially with the world class attacking talent our roster has. Hopefully, he transfers to a European team in a top 5 league to help further his development. 

Busio is special. Straight up. I thought he was the US’s best player tonight by far. He’s honestly too good to be on this version of the roster. He deserves to be apart of the USMNT’s first team selection going forward and I imagine he will be. He’s yet another young and excellent US attacking player. I know he’s being linked to multiple European clubs so it’s only a matter of time before he transfers overseas. 

Pretty soon, the US will have the glorious problem of having too many elite, borderline world class or world class attacking talent to choose from. I did not think I’d be saying something like that so soon after the failed WCQ debacle in 2017. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Dike reminds me of Eddie Johnson, but bigger. Guy has a nose for where the ball is going and he smashes it in. Too bad about the goal being given and taken away from him last night; I think he was robbed.

I watched most of last night's game. It was good to see the team know it had to score 5, and then 6, goals...and then it did. Would have been nice to get 7, but either way. Makes the Sunday game against Canada all that more intriguing!

Our B team has been fun to watch!

On 7/15/2021 at 6:55 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Or is this the typical $$$$ gouging from the USSF?

This is a CONCACAF-run tournament, not USSF.

• Like 1

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The tickets are expensive and the home fans probably aren’t dying to see a team of relative nobodies play Martinique, especially when the same stadium has all three USA group stage games. Fair play to the diehards but I’m not dying to see the USMNT play three games in a week in person. 

the USA-Canada game tomorrow is already sold out I think.

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 hours ago, -kj said:

This is a CONCACAF-run tournament, not USSF.

Back in 2016, I think I spent $1200 for three tickets to three games (Haiti/Cuba, Argentina vs someone, and a knockout game with the #1 vs #whatever +- the ibitial thought was that #1 would be Colombia but ended up being USMNT and it was awesome).

So, about $133 a ticket a game, which I wouldn't pay for Haiti/Cuba but would consider for USMNT vs Martinique...maybe. And it shouldn't be that much anyway.

I haven't been to a Gold Cup game in about ten years, but the tickets weren't even close to that much.  Mind you, I usually go for tickets in the supporter end.

Edit:  Oh, right, the 2016 Copa America Centenario.  I did go to the third-place game in Phoenix, but I don't think tickets were close to that expensive.

• Like 1

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/17/2021 at 12:30 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Everything in Seattle is expensive, like as a matter of course.

I remember going to the Gold Cup there in 2009 and I want to say I paid $35/ticket for those two games.  I also skipped going to the USWNT game in Austin because it was  $75/ticket for the cheap seats which were all but gone by the time I looked at tickets.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Austin's already gaining a reputation for charging exorbitant prices to away MLS supporters.  (Not sure if the two are necessarily related, mind.)

POTD 2013-08-22

5 hours ago, -kj said:

Austin's already gaining a reputation for charging exorbitant prices to away MLS supporters.  (Not sure if the two are necessarily related, mind.)

They're too much no matter who's playing there, plastic tree or USWNT. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

USWNT got destroyed by Sweden 3-0 today. They were lucky to tie them 1-1 earlier this year. I think this is the same place the men found themselves in 2017. They've been holding on to older players to long and not playing players in the right spot for what they can do. They may still win a medal but this team needs a lot of refreshing. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png