2022 International Soccer

MJWalker45

Too bad Pulisic didn't poke that one in. Would have added something to an otherwise pretty nothing game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Too bad Pulisic didn't poke that one in. Would have added something to an otherwise pretty nothing game.

I would have lost it if Pulisic got that chip in. 

Selfishly, I wish he started but can’t argue with him being a sub considering the result Chelsea got. Hopefully he starts and plays more next season. 

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

https://www.espn.com/soccer/mexico-mex/story/4400709/mexicos-nations-league-semifinal-vs-costa-rica-stopped-with-anti-gay-chants

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/mexico-vs-costa-rica-concacaf-nations-league-match-delayed-after-derogatory-chant-security-ejects-fans/

Since Mexican fans can't be original and come up with new chants, their game vs Costa Rica was stopped last night. Concacaf has even started running commercials where a fan shouts out the offensive word, or starts too anyways, as a way to brief fans as to what will happen each time they have to stop the matches. Apparently it still isn't working. the easiest way to fix this is tell Mexico they can't have friendlies in the US. They make more money playing here than in Mexico. Hopefully whomever replaces SUM steps up to the plate, but I doubt they will care enough to do it. 

• Like 5

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This game sure has been a roller coaster.

One chant stoppage and Gio Reyna got hit in the head with a bottle. Not good.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That was the best US-MEX game in years. Excellent fight from the young USMNT.

There's so much potential in this roster, but the defending still needs a lot of work. Tim Ream and Kellen Acosta should never see playing time for USMNT again. They're just not good enough. Berhalter needs to stop demanding we play from the back in that 3-4-3 formation. We just don't have the players on our back line that can make those passes consistently. 

In WCQ, I hope to god we start putting our best players in their best positions, moreso defensively. Like Ream and Acosta shouldn't be playing when Adams, Dest and Munsah/Weah are available. 

Hopefully Berhalter can get the most out of this team, because talent wise the USMNT will be there close to, or equal to, to the footballing giants by 2026.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

QsWRe5x_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

You know he was enjoying every second of that. Especially as the classy El Tri fans were showering them with beer and trash

EDIT: Is this not the sickest picture of USMNT history? I might make this my profile pic.

E3QnRYBUcAc4TEE?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Hopefully Berhalter can get the most out of this team, because talent wise the USMNT will be there close to, or equal to, to the footballing giants by 2026.

I had long hoped the US would get to the point where they are at the most feared nation in CONCACAF and they would be serious World Cup contenders (I begrudgingly say that as a Canadian)

. I thought about that for Mexico as well , but I no longer am that hopeful. 

The US now have multiple players that are at least good enough to crack the top European clubs and they are still really young. Maybe in 5 years, it will all come together. I would probably  be disappointed if they do not make to at least the QF.

5 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

QsWRe5x_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

A Pulisic Classic!

• Like 1

I saw, I came, I left.

9 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This game sure has been a roller coaster.

One chant stoppage and Gio Reyna got hit in the head with a bottle. Not good.

And the teams probably had more punches connect than the Mayweather/Paul fight. 

See the source image

Punches & missiles: How all hell broke loose in USA vs Mexico CONCACAF  Final | Sports News,The Indian Express

Still not close to the worst incidents though.

The 10 Most Significant Goals In U.S. Soccer History: Brian McBride |  Longform - SI.com

Never Forget... Fuck Mexico. : ussoccer

Top Dos a Cero Moments: The unexpected hero in 2001 - YouTube

2018 FIFA World Cup™ - News - Mexico-USA: A symbiotic Clasico - FIFA.com

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, insert name said:

The fan jumping off the rails behind the CBS crew didn't even crack Top 5 wildest moment of the night. 

Last night was way more like a movie than it was a standard soccer game. You had the surprise score at the start, the off-sides goal removed, the chip-in equalizer, the devastating late score from Mexico followed by the equally devastating response a moment later, and then the US PK score followed by the Mexico PK miss. And that's just the scoring!

There were red cards, fans on the pitch, a guy taking  a nose dive behind the CBS crew, Clint Dempsey wearing shades and camo, players getting hit in the dome by bottles, and Concacaf calls and no-calls, and everything else.

It may have been my favorite match of all time, really. Just for sheer entertainment value.

• Like 5

That's great he is doing better. Happened in NHL before(Jiri Fischer and Rich Peverly). 

Finland scores the upset for their first ever win in a tournament. Looks like Belgium is off to a solid start as well.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

3 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Absolutely terrifying when it happened. I watched the live broadcast, and I was honestly fearing the worst. Thankfully, it looks like the worst has been averted and that he’ll be on his way to recovery. Very encouraging to hear reports that he is awake, alert, and communicating with his team.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Absolutely terrifying when it happened. I watched the live broadcast, and I was honestly fearing the worst. Thankfully, it looks like the worst has been averted and that he’ll be on his way to recovery. Very encouraging to hear reports that he is awake, alert, and communicating with his team.

As much as Taylor Twellman kept talking about Eriksen during the Belgium/Russia game, I thought he was over focused on it instead of calling the game he was in charge of. I know it's serious, but at some point you have to step back from speculating on Eriksen and what should have been done because those decisions were already made.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png