College basketball 2022-2023

I was disappointed with how the court was yellow inside the three-point line:

Compare that with the graphic they shared in advance, which looked so much better, even with the hexagonal overlay they used in the tweet:

I'm curious if that was a choice or if something went wrong during the assembly process, though I doubt a company that does this every year would make a mistake like that.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

The Cincinnati Bearcats have agreed to a deal through a third party for Jordan to outfit its basketball teams and replace Under Armour starting this fall. As I mentioned in the college football thread, the two-year deal through a third party signed less than three months ago all but guarantees UC will be in customized catalog uniforms for their first two seasons in the Big 12. The contract was signed for two years to allow the Bearcats to leave Under Armour early and order from Nike catalogs until the team can sign an official deal with Nike and receive custom looks. 

After the news broke yesterday, 2023 commit Rayvon Griffith posted this to his instagram account. The post looks like an official graphic made within the program—the “Men’s Basketball” logo at the top and overall style are dead giveaways. The jersey is notably very similar to the ones worn by the team during its original run with Jordan from the mid-90s to the early 00s.

I checked the Jordan Nike Team catalog and found no such template. However, the Nike Team Men’s Basketball catalog has a template that seems almost inspired by the Kenyon Martin-era Bearcats jerseys on page 7. This look could be easily customized with a colored collar and the Cincinnati word mark and font. 

Which leads me to believe that a white and black version of the jersey in Rayvon’s post will be the Bearcats uniform in 23/24 and 24/25 until the team has a direct contract with Nike and receives fully custom looks. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

1 hour ago, mattb6 said:

The Cincinnati Bearcats have agreed to a deal through a third party for Jordan to outfit its basketball teams and replace Under Armour starting this fall. As I mentioned in the college football thread, the two-year deal through a third party signed less than three months ago all but guarantees UC will be in customized catalog uniforms for their first two seasons in the Big 12. The contract was signed for two years to allow the Bearcats to leave Under Armour early and order from Nike catalogs until the team can sign an official deal with Nike and receive custom looks. 

After the news broke yesterday, 2023 commit Rayvon Griffith posted this to his instagram account. The post looks like an official graphic made within the program—the “Men’s Basketball” logo at the top and overall style are dead giveaways. The jersey is notably very similar to the ones worn by the team during its original run with Jordan from the mid-90s to the early 00s.

I checked the Jordan Nike Team catalog and found no such template. However, the Nike Team Men’s Basketball catalog has a template that seems almost inspired by the Kenyon Martin-era Bearcats jerseys on page 7. This look could be easily customized with a colored collar and the Cincinnati word mark and font. 

Which leads me to believe that a white and black version of the jersey in Rayvon’s post will be the Bearcats uniform in 23/24 and 24/25 until the team has a direct contract with Nike and receives fully custom looks. 

I like those ‘90s-style Cincinnati threads. Sharp. 

7 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Something to maybe keep an eye out on, as this past weekend Syracuse women's lacrosse head coach Kayla Treanor was wearing this

Fwf1SToWcAMaWaU?format=jpg&name=large

and today with Carmelo Anthony's retirement announcement came this

🤔

Pretty cool. I like Jordan Brand for the schools with ties to Jordan Brand athletes.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

• 1 month later...