College basketball 2022-2023

1 hour ago, Ringneck75 said:

Kansas has worn these alternates a couple of times this season. Initially I wasn't crazy about it but they have grown on me and look pretty good in action. Font is based on the "Beware of The Phog" banner made by students in the early 90s that hangs in Allen Fieldhouse.

spacer.png

Iowa State doesn't get enough love for their basketball uniforms. Wish they'd using that side striping on their football uniforms in some capacity. 

• Like 6

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

6 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Iowa State doesn't get enough love for their basketball uniforms. Wish they'd using that side striping on their football uniforms in some capacity. 

reIn9VA.png

I concur. Though I'd do something different with the pants having looked at this again for the first time in four years.

• Like 7

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Some late-night scrolling led to the discovery of these uniforms, and I sincerely apologize in advance:

Hagemann1.jpgMSU_Matilda_Ekh4.JPG?width=1416&height=797&mode=crop

Michigan State women in uniforms that are BFBS/GFGS AND have neon green accents. Have to be some of the worst uniforms I've seen on a Division 1 basketball court. I don't get the Spartans' recent obsession with neon green either, it does not work for them.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

13 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

I loved this look when I was a kid living in Big 8 country (and yes I know Michigan's 80s jerseys were very similar). Here though it looks like the number font's not quite correct, as compared to the actual 80s set. I can't find anything from the 80s that shows Mizzou wearing Stahl's varsity block. 

Melvin Booker of the University of Missouri Tigers stands on the... News  Photo - Getty Images

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I loved this look when I was a kid living in Big 8 country (and yes I know Michigan's 80s jerseys were very similar). Here though it looks like the number font's not quite correct, as compared to the actual 80s set. I can't find anything from the 80s that shows Mizzou wearing Stahl's varsity block. 

Melvin Booker of the University of Missouri Tigers stands on the... News  Photo - Getty Images

It is, in fact, NOT correct. My siblings and cousins think I'm crazy after I went off on these when one of my brothers texted it out to us. Then number font more like what the Rams used, pre-navy/metallic gold. They did used to use a thicker font in the early 80s, but it was still a varsity font. PLUS, the number is centered at the bottom of the jersey instead of to the left and somewhat up under "ISSOURI". Speaking of "ISSOURI", while the font is basically the same, it's thinner on the "new" ones.

• Like 1

Are those non-Nike uniforms with the Swoosh stitched on? The construction of the upper jersey (especially the collar and arm trim), the stitching on the letters, and the weird placement of the Swoosh don’t seem consistent with Nike uniforms. The waistband on the pants is definitely not a normal Nike construction, and the overall shine of the uniform makes me think these were purchased from a third-party and Nike logos were switched on. Not sure if other teams have done this before. 

I could be wrong but it’s a nice throwback either way. 

• Applause 1

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Texas A&M has worn a couple of different one-time alts from Adidas the past 2 weekends.

Pink was worn for breast cancer awareness.

This is supposed to honor black excellence. The aggTies is a throwback look. I'm not familair enough with the rest to know what it represents other than what the tweet says

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

This is supposed to honor black excellence. The aggTies is a throwback look. I'm not familair enough with the rest to know what it represents other than what the tweet says

The Black Excellence one is a retread of last year's I believe. Miami had them last year as well. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

22 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Texas A&M has worn a couple of different one-time alts from Adidas the past 2 weekends.

Pink was worn for breast cancer awareness.

I can't get past the BHM look saying "AGGTIES".  Interesting idea, bad execution.

Nebraska also got BHM uniforms, although it's pretty much what they wore last year.

fit?url=https%3a%2f%2fdxbhsrqyrr690.cloudfront.net%2fsidearm.nextgen.sites%2fhuskers.com%2fimages%2f2023%2f2%2f5%2fMBB_vs_Penn_State-_KM_WEB037.jpg&height=575&width=1024&type=jpeg

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 10:35 AM, SSmith48 said:

I can't get past the BHM look saying "AGGTIES".  Interesting idea, bad execution.

Nebraska also got BHM uniforms, although it's pretty much what they wore last year.

fit?url=https%3a%2f%2fdxbhsrqyrr690.cloudfront.net%2fsidearm.nextgen.sites%2fhuskers.com%2fimages%2f2023%2f2%2f5%2fMBB_vs_Penn_State-_KM_WEB037.jpg&height=575&width=1024&type=jpeg

On 2/8/2023 at 2:12 PM, cajunaggie08 said:

Its a modern take on our 1969 uniform. It was a bad idea then and a bad idea now

s-l1600.jpg

All the wordmarks on the men’s jerseys are throwbacks to what the first black players at each school wore, so that’s the past element. The present/future element is the “give ’em their flowers while they’re still here” patterns on the side panels and in the wordmarks, which were created with either the state flower of each school or one that is iconic to campus (like the maroon bluebonnet on the Aggies’ uni). 

• Like 4

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]