College basketball 2022-2023

2 hours ago, dont care said:

No the lines are pretty different. 

14 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

It's the same basketball, it just has the lines uncovered in the center. 

uwwHKPV.png

• Like 9

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

On 2/21/2023 at 12:44 PM, Ringneck75 said:

Kansas' BLM uniforms are nice.spacer.png

Definitely one of my favorites. The sunflower, the primary colors, bringing the circus home lol…

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 2/21/2023 at 9:31 AM, andrewharrington said:

All the wordmarks on the men’s jerseys are throwbacks to what the first black players at each school wore, so that’s the past element. The present/future element is the “give ’em their flowers while they’re still here” patterns on the side panels and in the wordmarks, which were created with either the state flower of each school or one that is iconic to campus (like the maroon bluebonnet on the Aggies’ uni). 

Those were bluebonnets? Maybe looking from the top. A side profile would have made it more clear those were bluebonnets.

17 minutes ago, dont care said:

And actually making them blue too

Agreed. However some professors at A&M did manage to alter bluebonnets to become maroonbonnets. I remember a few years back some A&M students spread a bunch of seeds of the maroon variety in the beds where bluebonnets appear at UT and come march UTs campus had a lovely shade of maroon everywhere

Hurry up and wait, Texas bluebonnets are coming - AgriLife Today

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Those were bluebonnets? Maybe looking from the top. A side profile would have made it more clear those were bluebonnets.

All the flower illustrations and patterns  are made of torn pieces of paper, and the side view just didn’t translate, so we went with the top view because they kinda look like spurs.

@dont care

https://texassuperstar.com/plants/maroon/realmaroon.html

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

42 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Kinda hate it. The old pinwheel logo with all of the schools’ colors is clever and I though it looked great at mid court.

With USC and UCLA coming in, and possibly others, it was going to have to go away sooner or later. With 2-4 more teams it'd be a total mess. 

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

With USC and UCLA coming in, and possibly others, it was going to have to go away sooner or later. With 2-4 more teams it'd be a total mess. 

Well, to be fair, they had the pinwheel before Nebraska, Maryland, and Rutgers joined in. They could keep expanding it, but ultimately in the long run it's cheaper for them to have a logo that can stick around for a while without needing to be updated every time they add a new team to the conference.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Good point. Personally, I am gonna miss it. It always looked cool to me and it reminded me of an olympic logo.

1 hour ago, jzn110 said:

Well, to be fair, they had the pinwheel before Nebraska, Maryland, and Rutgers joined in. They could keep expanding it, but ultimately in the long run it's cheaper for them to have a logo that can stick around for a while without needing to be updated every time they add a new team to the conference.

For reference

spacer.png