2022 NBA Offseason

FinsUp1214

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

While I don't understand the absurdities of the NBA salary cap - a system that makes a contract more valuable than a player - according to local guys, the Sixers could make that deal work with something like Tobias Harris, Tyreese Maxey (who some dummy locals deem untradable for some reason - even for a HOFer!) some other jabroni.

What do you mean "could barely keep their guys together"?

1. That's the package I saw. Those guys plus picks (assuming Philly has some?) Seen fair to me. Though I don't know how willing Brooklyn would be to take on more of Philly's garbage.

2. That sentence doesn't make any sense. Harden is coming back on a discount. That basically doesn't happen in modern NBA (unless a guy takes a minimum deal). Philly is being in some old Houston guys -- House, Tucker -- and still has Harden and Embiid. That's a solid team. Maybe needs a new coach though.

Latest word is Kyrie is forcing a trade to LA centered on Westbrook. And maybe Joe Harris gets added? Sheesh.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don’t think the sixers have picks since they traded so many to the Nets already. But I don’t follow that closely, just going by what I hear when I listen to sports radio. 

KD was praising Embiid during the season, and again said how much he respects him just the other day, which is leading people to be like “OMG KD is going to force his way to Philly!!” Which is kinda ridiculous. Not that it can’t happen, but it doesn’t seem the same as the Harden thing. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is kind of funny. Because Ben Simmons is on a 5-year designated rookie deal, the Nets couldn't add a similar player due to NBA rules.

That means the Nets can't trade KD for any of these guys:

Luka Doncic    

Trae Young    

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander    

De'Aaron Fox    

Donovan Mitchell    

Bam Adebayo    

Jayson Tatum    

Karl-Anthony Towns    

Devin Booker    

Jamal Murray    

Andrew Wiggins    

Joel Embiid

While it's unlikely several of those guys would be traded for KD, it is funny Ben Simmons is already handcuffing the organization.

But also good for the league. If I'm LAC I do SGA for KD without any questions at all.

EDIT: I'm dumb. SGA has been on OKC for multiple seasons now.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Any chance the whole superteam concept could almost be done now? I suppose not...I'm sure a team like the Lakers would love to add Kyrie.

People considered the Heat superteam a relative failure...they only won two titles; lost in the finals twice...only lasted four years. But honestly, that might be the most successful superteam. The Nets have been a disaster. Most other attempts don't really come to great fruition. Meanwhile the Raptors and Bucks are winning titles.

I don't think of Golden State as a superteam because the core of the team came together organically...the superteam era for them was when KD was there but that success (with some disappointment) gets a bit washed out by pre-KD and post-KD success.

Maybe putting a bunch of stars and egos together won't be the way to go moving ahead?

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Warriors wouldn't have won without Wiggins, and Wiggins couldn't have happened without KD gifting GS D-Lo Russell on his way out.

• Like 1

Celtics just traded the end of their bench and some picks for Malcolm Brogdon, which I love. A two-guard lineup with him and Smart feels too small to me, but theoretically fixes the most glaring weakness the Celtics had during their "good" half of the season. Fireworks! 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

39 minutes ago, Digby said:

Celtics just traded the end of their bench and some picks for Malcolm Brogdon, which I love. A two-guard lineup with him and Smart feels too small to me, but theoretically fixes the most glaring weakness the Celtics had during their "good" half of the season. Fireworks! 

Getting Brogdon is nice. Good job Boston.

18 minutes ago, Digby said:

So far it feels to me like Boston, Philly and Milwaukee have all improved depth in places of need. (Brooklyn has not.) Not so much yet for Miami but they also seem like a logical landing spot for KD. Pretty wild.

KD/Butler/Bam is killer. Provided KD would be willing to play with Jimmy. He might not be.

Gobert to T-Wolves for PatBev, Walker Kessler, Jared Vanderbilt, and Malik Beasly. And "multiple" first round picks.

Seems a bit steep from the T-Wolves end, to me. Pat Bev was kind of the toughness of the team and I feel like Vanderbilt could be pretty good. I was OK when I first read it and glossed over "multiple first round picks."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

27 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Gobert to T-Wolves for PatBev, Walker Kessler, Jared Vanderbilt, and Malik Beasly. And "multiple" first round picks.

Seems a bit steep from the T-Wolves end, to me. Pat Bev was kind of the toughness of the team and I feel like Vanderbilt could be pretty good. I was OK when I first read it and glossed over "multiple first round picks."

It's as many five first round picks, per the Athletic: Unprotected first rounders in 2023, 2025 and 2027, a pick swap in 2026 and a top-five protected pick in 2029.

I can understand all the heartburn over giving up so many picks. But as a T-Wolves fan from Day 1,  I'd rather see them take some big swings now rather than banking on the unforeseen future.  If they suck five years from now because of this, it’ll be no different from where they were five years ago, but they’re a lot better right now.

• Like 1

The T-Wolves are a team that needs to overpay to be relevant, but I'm not sure who they were competing against to give up that much.

If you told me they traded all that to get KD I'd believe you. But for Gobert?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

It's as many five first round picks, per the Athletic: Unprotected first rounders in 2023, 2025 and 2027, a pick swap in 2026 and a top-five protected pick in 2029.

I can understand all the heartburn over giving up so many picks. But as a T-Wolves fan from Day 1,  I'd rather see them take some big swings now rather than banking on the unforeseen future.  If they suck five years from now because of this, it’ll be no different from where they were five years ago, but they’re a lot better right now.

I'm starting to drift that way, too. I had a little sticker shock...but I'm feeling a bit better.

• Like 1

POTD (Shared)

8 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The T-Wolves are a team that needs to overpay to be relevant, but I'm not sure who they were competing against to give up that much.

If you told me they traded all that to get KD I'd believe you. But for Gobert?

I get it.  You're not wrong, but I always try to look at this as the GM and owners' problems. It's not like they're mortgaging my future. As a sports fan, if this makes them better now and makes the team more fun to watch, what do I care? 

It's like going to an amusement park to ride the new rollercoaster, but then criticizing it because they paid too much to build it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I think as long as Towns is there,  you should try to improve now. Those draft picks can be hit or miss anyways. 

• Applause 1

I saw, I came, I left.

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

It's like going to an amusement park to ride the new rollercoaster, but then criticizing it because they paid too much to build it.

Great point.

Today's better than yesterday as a Wolves fan. And that's a great feeling; you want your team to give a damn.

OKC wins every offseason but then there's nothing. Danny Ainge has owned more draft picks than anyone, but then there's nothing.

Good for the Wolves.

• Like 2

Just leave the beehive in Utah, Rudy.  Like Chuck said, bees are not a pet.  Though knowing him, he'll get hit by a stray puck or something.

• LOL 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

First off, as much as I think a big move like this needed to happen for the Jazz, it’s still surreal that Rudy is not in Utah anymore. He’s one of the greatest players in team history, and a guy who seemed to truly love Utah and the fans. I’ve always been a fan of his, and I’m really glad we got to have nine years with him. I hope he enjoys so much success and many accolades in Minnesota. Looking forwards to seeing his number up in the Vivint Arena rafters in due time.

As far as the deal itself goes, I’m floored the Jazz got five picks out of it (in addition to the pick from yesterday’s Brooklyn trade). Trader Danny is not messing around, and I’m here for it. I absolutely love the haul and am thrilled to have a wealth of assets now, as opposed to the bare cupboard they entered the off-season with. There’s very likely more moves to come as well, so here we go

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Trader Danny is not messing around, and I’m here for it.

Lmao I forgot about this angle. Hope y’all get more Jayson Tatum than JaJuan Johnson, Aaron Nesmith, Carsten Edwards, Tremont Waters……

Gobert plus KAT seems like a weird fit to me. Like I get it, they’re large but different, I’m assuming power forward KAT is the plan. But I don’t know if that’s SUCH a brilliant idea that it’s worth the trade haul. Then again, what’s Minny got to lose?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers