2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

Tomlin dragging this husk of steelers team with a rookie QB to the playoffs would probably be the most BS accomplishment of his career. Dude is just incapable of having a losing season. 😄

Who would have thought Jets - Dolphins would end up being one of the most important games of the season? Honestly it comes down to who Miami has at QB. If Tua is still out, they still have a decent chance with Bridgewater, but if they have to play Thompson, Jets could pull out a win and make things really crazy. 

Patriots best chance at the playoffs really relies on the Jets & Browns winning. Oh how the mighty have fallen. 😅

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

Jets Dolphins will be the hard one for the Steelers to go their way.

Miami could be using a 3rd string QB next week -- which definitely helps Pittsburgh's chances.

6uXNWAo.png

44 minutes ago, dont care said:

I don’t think any qb can throw it 80 yards in the air

The longest pass I can recall was Kordell Stewart when he was at Colorado. His hail mary vs Michigan traveled 75 yards in the air. I also know Tom and Aaron had passes that traveled about 70 as well. But anything close to 80 seems nearly impossible.

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

The longest pass I can recall was Kordell Stewart when he was at Colorado. His hail mary vs Michigan traveled 75 yards in the air. I also know Tom and Aaron had passes that traveled about 70 as well. But anything close to 80 seems nearly impossible.

I could swear JaMarcus Russell threw a pass that went what seemed like 90 yards when he was at LSU. I'm sure it wasn't close to that, but however far it went, it was damned impressive. Turns out a strong arm was the only thing he had.

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

How would that be a "BS accomplishment?"

Because this team has absolutely no business being in the playoffs. They were 3-7 at one point & looked dead in the water. 

It's really a compliment toward Tomlin for how he can somehow make every team he's given competitive. 

We can take one game off the potential Sunday Night list for next weekend as the Jacksonville-Tennessee game will be the nightcap for ESPN's Saturday doubleheader. The first game being Kansas City at Las Vegas.

Just now, Seadragon76 said:

We can take one game off the potential Sunday Night list for next weekend as the Jacksonville-Tennessee game will be the nightcap for ESPN's Saturday doubleheader. The first game being Kansas City at Las Vegas.

The SNF decision likely depends on tomorrow's Bills-Bengals game. If Cincy loses, they'll play Baltimore next week for the division. NBC would likely scoop that game up -- assuming the NFL is set on having the Packers/Lions/Seahawks all to play simultaneously on Sunday afternoon.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

6 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Because this team has absolutely no business being in the playoffs. They were 3-7 at one point & looked dead in the water. 

It's really a compliment toward Tomlin for how he can somehow make every team he's given competitive. 

So getting that team to the playoffs isn't exactly a "BS accomplishment" as much as it is an example of Tomlin being a really great coach.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

1 minute ago, Seadragon76 said:

Shameful. That should have been the SNF game. It's the only guaranteed win-and-you're in game on the schedule.

If the NFL wants to build a new star in Trevor Lawrence, this would have been the chance to do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If that guy on the Giants didn't get a taunting penalty for doing snow angels next to a convulsing Nick Foles, no one can ever get one. It was like in Airplane! where the guy gets stabbed during "Stayin' Alive" and Julie Hagerty responds by pointing to her own back.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just now, infrared41 said:

So getting that team to the playoffs isn't exactly a "BS accomplishment" as much as it is an example of Tomlin being a really great coach.

Well yeah, a month or 2 ago, most people thought it would be complete BS for the steelers to make the playoffs. 

15 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Shameful. That should have been the SNF game. It's the only guaranteed win-and-you're in game on the schedule.

Agreed. But a couple of mid teams from small markets doesn't draw like the OMG GREEN BAY PACKERS at OMG LAMBEAU FIELD. Kinda defeats the purpose of the flex if you're just gonna select the sexier team over a game with more at stake.

Also Jacksonville hasn't been on SNF since 2008. The streak continues.

And whichever team does win and advances to the playoffs is guaranteed the early game on Saturday.

6uXNWAo.png

Titans - Jags honestly does feel like the most predictable outcome. I mean does anyone really believe the Titans with Joshua Dobbs or Malik Willis are beating a hot Jaguars team? I can understand why they didn't make it the Sunday night game. Maybe if Tannehill wasn't hurt.

Sunday night will probably be Patriots-Bills. Ironically the 2nd most predictable game, but also with so much riding on it compared to the other games. Patriots (somehow) win, and the other AFC games don't matter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont care said:

I don’t think any qb can throw it 80 yards in the air

A quick google search would have told you the answer (which is yes). Mahomes did it at his pro day, and there is video from that work out clearly showing it.

Vick could also as well. He had that play to Desean Jackson on MNF back in 2010 or so against Washington. Basically flicked it from his own 4 and the ball hit Jackson around the opposite 20 yard. Not quite 80, yes, but he didn’t really even load into the throw or have any forward momentum aiding the throw. 

Just casually flicked it 75 air yards with no problem. 

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Packers versus Lions  makes most sense for Sunday night, because if Seattle wins, then the Lions won’t have anything to play for.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)