2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

7 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

A quick google search would have told you the answer (which is yes). Mahomes did it at his pro day, and there is video from that work out clearly showing it.

Vick could also as well. He had that play to Desean Jackson on MNF back in 2010 or so against Washington. Basically flicked it from his own 4 and the ball hit Jackson around the opposite 20 yard. Not quite 80, yes, but he didn’t really even load into the throw or have any forward momentum aiding the throw. 

Just casually flicked it 75 air yards with no problem. 

So a guy in a work out, without pads. And then your other example didn’t throw it 80 yards. So yea no qb has thrown it 80 yards in the air in a game

• Yawn 2

9 hours ago, the admiral said:

If that guy on the Giants didn't get a taunting penalty for doing snow angels next to a convulsing Nick Foles, no one can ever get one. It was like in Airplane! where the guy gets stabbed during "Stayin' Alive" and Julie Hagerty responds by pointing to her own back.

Not only did that scum bag do snow angels, if you watch the video, he looked over and saw Foles was dead - so it can't even be excused as him just not knowing how bad the situation was.

But then he did the "nighty night" thing on the sidelines as Foles was being carted off.  Total scumbag.

This was AFTER the show angel thing:

• WOAH 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Washington going back to Carson Wentz was costly.  Detroit sticking with Jared Goff has seemed to work out, therefore taking the Lions out of the running to take CJ Stroud, Will Levis or Anthony Richardson with either of their first round picks.

• Like 2

Shame that the Snatit will get spanked on Saturday rather than Sunday, as I feel that the NFL should have used this opportunity to A.) Have a winner take all game be the marquee game to end the regular season and B.) Somewhat promote Trevor Lawrence (a rising star at QB) vs Derrick Henry (Arguably the best running back in the league). As if I needed another reason to dread this game, JaguarGator9 uploaded this,

In short, barring utter chaos, i'll be watching the playoffs with no dog in the fight. 

• Like 1

xFUdNmt.png

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

What's with Schrodinger's Kickoff on the Bengals game? How long are they going to wait to decide whether it can steal a few viewers from the glorious NFC East?

It depends on what happens tonight. If the Bengals beat Buffalo, they clinch the division. If not, the Baltimore game becomes a winner takes the division match up.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

14 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Packers versus Lions  makes most sense for Sunday night, because if Seattle wins, then the Lions won’t have anything to play for.

It was so obvious.  Seattle is going to get some calls on Sunday.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Having DET-GB being flexed in is predictably gross. The Lions could be eliminated around 7:00 PM (EST) and all this game will be is a Green Bay Packers/Aaron Rodgers showcase. It's obvious who they're thinking more about here.

• Like 3

Count me in as the I'm happy the Lions got the flex for SNF. They were also the second pick last year who started off in a bad way. They didn’t get a prime time slot and for years were the laughing stock of the league. No offense to the Jags and glad they are having a phenomenal season, but so are the Lions. 

6 minutes ago, Gary said:

Count me in as the I'm happy the Lions got the flex for SNF. They were also the second pick last year who started off in a bad way. They didn’t get a prime time slot and for years were the laughing stock of the league. No offense to the Jags and glad they are having a phenomenal season, but so are the Lions. 

The Lions get one of the most-watched games every single year. The Jags are basically invisible at the national level.

Jacksonville got hosed. I'm mad about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Jags - Titans probably would have been Sunday night if Tannehill wasn't out. Joshua Dobbs against Trevor Lawrence just isn't a marquee matchup. 

I'm surprised Patriots - Bills isn't the Sunday night game. Having all 3 of those games (Patriots - Bills, Browns - Steelers, Jets - Dolphins) all at the same time does make things a bit crazy. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The Jags are basically invisible at the national level.

Jacksonville got hosed. I'm mad about it.

Make no mistake, if what is playing out in the AFC South is happening with any other two teams in any other division, that game gets SNF honors.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

I think a lot of you have forgotten what drives TV. It's not the best match up. It's the best match up that will get the most viewers. NBC knows that the only people tuning in for Titans-Jags will be people in Nashville, Jacksonville, and dorks like us. The Packers could televise their practice and get higher ratings than a Titans-Jags game. Add in the  "feel good story" Lions (who just happen to play in a top 20 TV market) and the only real surprise here is why it took as long as it did for NBC to make the announcement.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

Having DET-GB being flexed in is predictably gross. The Lions could be eliminated around 7:00 PM (EST) and all this game will be is a Green Bay Packers/Aaron Rodgers showcase. It's obvious who they're thinking more about here.

They're thinking about their bottom line. The Packers have a national following and are guaranteed ratings. Detroit is the #15 TV market, Nashville is #29, and Jacksonville is #43. It's as simple as that.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/despite-season-low-viewers-sunday-night-nfl-still-tops-tv-ratings/ar-AA15vQ1M

NBC’s “Sunday Night Football” drew its smallest audience of the season’s 15 games but still was the most-watched prime-time program between Dec. 12-18, according to live-plus-same-day figures released Tuesday by Nielsen.  The New York Giants’ 20-12 victory over the Washington Commanders averaged 15.376 million viewers.

The previous low was 15.534 million viewers for the Miami Dolphins’ 16-10 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers Oct. 23 that included the first scoreless second half in the “Sunday Night Football” package since the 2008 NFL Kickoff game. 

An NFL program has been the most-watched program each week of the 13-week-old 2022-23 prime-time television season.

There's no such thing as a low-rated NFL game, and the last SNF game of the year would do just fine, no matter who's playing.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

33 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

They're thinking about their bottom line. The Packers have a national following and are guaranteed ratings. Detroit is the #15 TV market, Nashville is #29, and Jacksonville is #43. It's as simple as that.

That's why I said "predictably." It was an obvious choice because of the marketing by itself. But given the football circumstances? It's just a big eyeroll.